The Randy Lerner thread

CI

No but you'd expect after a few seasons of buying £10-25m players that at least europa qualification would be on the cards.

biggest club in the second biggest city in the united kingdom, arguably villa are a potential goldmine who could easily be more valuable a brand to be involved with than city

maybe, maybe not, personally I'm not sure where the market it unless we overtake some of ther established clubs to the point we adopt their foreign fanbase.

But you're talking about potential value where as all of the noises from UEFA in light of what Citeh and to a lesser extent Arsenal have done is referring to current value. So the question is what do UEFA consider to be an appropriate sponsorhip figure for Aston Villa as we stand.

It might be enough to fund a few new faces but certainly nothing to the extent we've seen at other recent take overs.

Oh why do I let myself believe these things?

Speaks volumes that the greatest thing Lerner could possibly achieve is selling the club.

Well done randy, shit load of cash spent and no better off thanks to your idiotic decisions and poor financial control of your investment. Superb!!

just another thing that ive remembered actually. citys owners have been ploughing money into the area around the stadium, buying up land and building things and all that, is it possible for them to give those projects to the club, and the club to sell them in a few years and then use that money as part of club income?

What exactly is the story then and where is this coming from?

Started by a 12 year old over on VitalVilla so 100% gospel

id normally have brushed it aside, but coming with the news of randy buying the last 4%, it definitely looks like there's something going on behind the scenes

Wrong again, as it wasn't actually started over on VitalVilla.

When will you ever get your supposedly factual posts correct for once?

So some random poster on some random Villa forum says we're being bought out next year....people are really giving this the time of day?

Explain therefore why after years of not giving a shit about the other 4% equity, Lerner is sending letters out stating he will be purchasing the last 4%, which it will not alter his ownership of the club whatsoever?

I thought Lerner was looking after the costs, and suddenly he's paying for an extra 4% that doesn't give him anymore power or control than when he owned 96%.

The logical conclusion is:

A) He has done so as he intends to sell quietly, or cover legitimate interest up, as he'd be legally obliged to share such information with any other shareholder/s.

B) He's going to put his debt into the club and sell it off, mentioned by Pete, I believe?

Wrong again, as it wasn't actually started over on VitalVilla.

When will you ever get your supposedly factual posts correct for once?

So some random poster on some random Villa forum says we're being bought out next year....people are really giving this the time of day?

Explain therefore why after years of not giving a shit about the other 4% equity, Lerner is sending letters out stating he will be purchasing the last 4%, which it will not alter his ownership of the club whatsoever?

I thought Lerner was looking after the costs, and suddenly he's paying for an extra 4% that doesn't give him anymore power or control than when he owned 96%.

The logical conclusion is:

A) He has done so as he intends to sell quietly, or cover legitimate interest up, as he'd be legally obliged to share such information with any other shareholder/s.

B) He's going to put his debt into the club and sell it off, mentioned by Pete, I believe?

Your point A is a possible explanation. Point B does not matter. If the club owes the money to Lerner controlled companies / trusts its already on Villa's balance sheet so its in the club. Were Lerner to sell he would be looking to get back his original purchase of the clubs shares plus all the money he has put in plus I would guess some more on top!

Â