The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Where is Randy? Apparently negotiating our sale to filthy rich arab sheiks...

http://bit.ly/sfsbjB

and

http://bit.ly/unPRgZ

I'll reserve judgement as its on a piss poor forum but interesting if true and for me at least not all surprising.

...Interesting indeed. Against my better judgement I didn't dismiss this straight away.

What's depressing though is that I find myself wanting it to be true. Oh what a wonderful game football is.

But of course if many on here get their way and McLeish is removed tomorrow, we can then move on to the next manager, and the next problem for them to gripe about.

Are you suggesting that those unhappy with the current manager will just moan about anyone in charge?

If our useless owner could hire someone half decent the fans maybe wouldn't have much to complain about.

Given the large number of people who were complaining about the fact that Hughes might succeed Houllier, yes, I am.

If our 'useless owner' hired someone with fan approval, would that promote him to being a 'useful owner'? He did that before, backed his manager to the hilt in the transfer market, and still ended up with the daily abuse of people on various internet message boards.

In the end, I don't like McLeish's football, like I didn't like the football of the previous two incumbents, but there is no point in removing him at this time. His task is to oversee the playing side during a period of austerity and cutbacks, making sure that we don't get relegated. As many on here have pointed out, he has the perfect experience to see that task through.

What they hoping for third time lucky?

But hey he has won a cup so he must be a tactical genius?

The thing I hate about AMC is the surrendering before a ball is kicked. It's absolutely pathetic.

As for Randy, well he is not a bad owner just a useless one and if he had made a more inspiring appointment in the summer then yes he would have been a more useful owner.

But of course if many on here get their way and McLeish is removed tomorrow, we can then move on to the next manager, and the next problem for them to gripe about.

Are you suggesting that those unhappy with the current manager will just moan about anyone in charge?

If our useless owner could hire someone half decent the fans maybe wouldn't have much to complain about.

Given the large number of people who were complaining about the fact that Hughes might succeed Houllier, yes, I am.

If our 'useless owner' hired someone with fan approval, would that promote him to being a 'useful owner'? He did that before, backed his manager to the hilt in the transfer market, and still ended up with the daily abuse of people on various internet message boards.

In the end, I don't like McLeish's football, like I didn't like the football of the previous two incumbents, but there is no point in removing him at this time. His task is to oversee the playing side during a period of austerity and cutbacks, making sure that we don't get relegated. As many on here have pointed out, he has the perfect experience to see that task through.

His track record suggest otherwise. Three attempts to make sure a team stayed in the division and he got relegated twice.

There is absolutely no basis or justifiable argument for McLeish's appointment when considering his past experience, no matter how one tries spin it.

Oh hello, just had a text from Villa, £27 special for tomorrow night holte wings

Lerner, we may not be as rich as you, but we aren't morons

You should have listened to the protests in July

Now go shove them tickets where the sun don't shine

Oh hello, just had a text from Villa, £27 special for tomorrow night holte wings

Lerner, we may not be as rich as you, but we aren't morons

You should have listened to the protests in July

Now go shove them tickets where the sun don't shine

That's a lot of tickets.

and

I'll reserve judgement as its on a piss poor forum but interesting if true and for me at least not all surprising.

...Interesting indeed. Against my better judgement I didn't dismiss this straight away.

What's depressing though is that I find myself wanting it to be true. Oh what a wonderful game football is.

Im surprised this hasnt had more attention paid to it?

Not beyond the realms of possibility.

and

The only thing which doesn't really add up IMO is why Big Eck got a 3 year deal if this was Randy's plan.

Just beyond the realms of plausability

Why is it? The same could have been said about Man City 5 years ago. Im not saying that for 1 minute its going to happen and i believe the bloke, im just saying that it shouldnt just be dismissed as bullshit because it doesnt seem plausible.

and

The only thing which doesn't really add up IMO is why Big Eck got a 3 year deal if this was Randy's plan.

Just had a look back through, and he doesnt state when the contact was made with Villa, maybe after Eck was appointed?

Perhaps, who knows anyhow. Could be some smug **** on the wind-up.

I think the evidence for it being true has some merit though, namely:

- 500k off the wage bill

- Summer Firesale, 17 players out

- Randy buying up all remaining shares (takes it off market, out of public domain)

- North Stand expansion 'put on hold'

I remember people mentioning over summer it seemed like Randy was cleaning house for a sale, maybe they were right.

Why is it? The same could have been said about Man City 5 years ago. Im not saying that for 1 minute its going to happen and i believe the bloke, im just saying that it shouldnt just be dismissed as bullshit because it doesnt seem plausible.

Agreed. I would think our infrastructure is as good if not better than Citeh.

- Great training ground already in place.

- Only large club (realistcially) in between Manchester and London clubs, so great catchment if we get it right.

- We own our own very good ground with scope for further development.

- Decent youth set up.

- Good airport nearby.

- Within easy reach of London.

Really hope this is true. It does make sense but knowing our luck it's all a coincedence.

I just hope that if it is true our prospective new owners demand that AMC is booted now and a decent manager is brought in and funded in January so that we're not in the Championship when we get taken over.

Wishful thinking set to MAXIMUM.

Agreed. I would think our infrastructure is as good if not better than Citeh.

- Great training ground already in place.

- Only large club (realistcially) in between Manchester and London clubs, so great catchment if we get it right.

- We own our own very good ground with scope for further development.

- Decent youth set up.

- Good airport nearby.

- Within easy reach of London.

Like you say, the infrastructure for a top club is there, so we would be an attractive proposition for a big investment. Very little spent in the summer, very little to be spent in January, not forking out money he doesnt need to as the new owner(s) will do their own thing next summer?

Maybe...just maybe, there could be something in it.

Havn't we already missed the window of opportunity to benefit from mega rich owners? Seems UEFA are intent on closing the door to the big boys club before any other clubs get ideas of being the new Citeh.

In fact aren't Citeh now starting to address their spending to ensure they can at least look like they're going to comply with the financial fair play regs?

There's no way we could start splashing the cash next summer and still hope to pass any UEFA audit of our accounts.

Â