The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I also think Faulkner's job was to 'balance the books' whilst keeping us in the league. If that was the case you could say he has done a good job. Just need the next stage of Randy's plan now so we can start to look up.

It would'nt take a genius CEO to balance the books. Sell high earners and bring in cheap, max out the salaries to 15K a week. There job done, Fauklner has to take at least 50% of the blame, He is now clearing up the mess he (ok and Lerner) has got the company into??

The mess can only be cleared if they sell up. Unless the new 5 year plan was Championship football by the end of it.

BJ10 - Did you actually celebrate that night?

Did you actually celebrate the night Dennis Mortimer lifted the European Cup?

Or did you just drown your self in eternal misery?

Bit young for Mortimer and absolutely loved that night against Blackburn and the trip to Wembley (apart from the result)

Did you cheer and celebrate when we won the league cup under Doug?

Yes I did & I'm still celebrating now.

We are a great Club.

Agreed?

Well there you go. You hated Doug but celebrated moments with him in charge so why would you think I wouldn't do the same.

I think we're a great club run by an idiotic billionnaire making sure he comes out of his investment OK.

Hate Doug Ellis? I don't hate anyone. Besides how could anybody hate the inventor of the bicycle kick? ;)

If Randy Lerner has put a £250 million price on the club, can't he sell us to this guy? Richest man in China interested in buying Southampton. He has a lot of coins.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/southampton-takeover-chinese-billionaire-wang-3036588#.Utut_fbFKhc

Some people seem to think nobody will spend that much on a football club, those who think we cannot do better than having 'overspend overkill undercut' Lerner at the club.

Asian owners scare me anyway. Bloose, Cardiff, 2 examples. They dont think like we do!

Yeah those 2 are terrifying. Think this bloke is in an entirely different financial league to them though. Surely the richest man in China can't be as stupid as Mr. Tan. Having his financial backing, we could compete with anyone.

Asian owners scare me anyway. Bloose, Cardiff, 2 examples. They dont think like we do!

Yeah those 2 are terrifying. Think this bloke is in an entirely different financial league to them though. Surely the richest man in China can't be as stupid as Mr. Tan. Having his financial backing, we could compete with anyone.

He isn't the richest man in China without being ruthless. I'd stay well clear of us being a cheap insurance policy

If Randy Lerner has put a £250 million price on the club, can't he sell us to this guy? Richest man in China interested in buying Southampton. He has a lot of coins.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/southampton-takeover-chinese-billionaire-wang-3036588#.Utut_fbFKhc

Local BBC radio in Southampton have tweeted that the story about the Wanda Group buying Southampton is wide of the mark, I think they're supposed to announcing a new Chief Executive tomorrow as well.

@bigadamsport: I'm informed that Cortese-Chinese consortium #saintsfc takeover story is well wide of the mark

Local BBC radio in Southampton have tweeted that the story about the Wanda Group buying Southampton is wide of the mark, I think they're supposed to announcing a new Chief Executive tomorrow as well.

@bigadamsport: I'm informed that Cortese-Chinese consortium #saintsfc takeover story is well wide of the mark

They are known to get things wong.

I see, we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out, the guy who wrote the article in the Mirror has accused Sunday Supplement of being jealous because they didn't mention his story on a feature they did on Southampton, so he must be fairly confident at least. I think when Villa get sold I think it will just be announced all of a sudden.

I see, we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out, the guy who wrote the article in the Mirror has accused Sunday Supplement of being jealous because they didn't mention his story on a feature they did on Southampton, so he must be fairly confident at least. I think when Villa get sold I think it will just be announced all of a sudden.

It's an interesting one, I do think there will be a takeover of the club... there are so many whispers... very much the same as Villa, I think Randy is on the way out too.

It's an interesting one, I do think there will be a takeover of the club... there are so many whispers... very much the same as Villa, I think Randy is on the way out too.

I think Randy has forgotten about to such an extent, that even sitting down an selling the club is to much effort. A bit like a load of stuff you keep meaning to put on ebay......but never quite get round to it...

Usually I would agree, but the 90m transfer last week suggests otherwise. Hell, you know I want Randy gone, but I don't think he has just brushed us aside.. I do think he wants rid as soon as he can and with the best opportunity though.

Those are chancers and investors, the group this guy belongs to are big players.

I think that Vincent Tan is a fairly serious player, certainly in comparison to CY.

The problem with China is that you have to be in the favour of the ruling elite, otherwise you can go from being very rich to jailed, poor and, in certain cases dead.

I am sure that we would have welcomed the extremely wealthy Khodorkovsky a few years ago, until he fell out with the ruling elite of that ex-Communist 'democracy', Russia.

Those are chancers and investors, the group this guy belongs to are big players.

I think that Vincent Tan is a fairly serious player, certainly in comparison to CY.

The problem with China is that you have to be in the favour of the ruling elite, otherwise you can go from being very rich to jailed, poor and, in certain cases dead.

I am sure that we would have welcomed the extremely wealthy Khodorkovsky a few years ago, until he fell out with the ruling elite of that ex-Communist 'democracy', Russia.

Tan - investor, Yeung - chancer.

Admittedly, Tan is very good at investing and is certainly leagues ahead of Yeung for many reasons.

Cortese is a businessman. Businessmen move on. If he has sourced a wealthy backer, then he will likely look at a better value option with greater potential.

Everton, Villa, Sunderland and Newcastle all would present better value than Southamption, particularly if the Southampton price is the reported £175m. And that is assuming that Villa are tagged at £250m and Newcastle would go for £350m (I have no idea of the share valuation there).

Everton, of course, if someone would commit to a new stadium, would probably be turned for less than £100m.

• Like 2

Â