The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Looks like we are up for sale then and the cutbacks are to make the club become more affordable for potential buyers.

Nice one Randy.

It's not really a surprise though, is it? 

Most of the money he's put into the club have been loans to his own trust, he'll want that money back, plus the money the club cost him. He's not going to sell for a loss despite of all the custodian and other shit comments.

It's not really a surprise though, is it?

Most of the money he's put into the club have been loans to his own trust, he'll want that money back, plus the money the club cost him. He's not going to sell for a loss despite of all the custodian and other shit comments.

Of course and I agree, he has made a significant loss as things stand and anybody in their right mind would want to recoup as much as possible.

I just think its a shame that our club will, and is about to, go down the shitter during the recoup process.

It wouldn't surprise me if Lambert's job is simply to keep us in the league until Lerner can jump ship.

To put it more succinctly, there is no chance of removing the so-called failing owner for the foreseeable future.

However, the obviously failing manager can be removed tomorrow, so perhaps it is better to focus on what can be done to improve the club's fortunes on the field, rather than what can't.

It wouldn't surprise me if Lambert's job is simply to keep us in the league until Lerner can jump ship.

Well I don't see any reason why people would think otherwise except for blind faith perhaps.

Maybe with the hope that we want to rebuild and get back towards the top.

Now I see the logic in Lambert keeping us afloat and Randy trying to regain as much money as he can.

• Like 1

Looks like we are up for sale then and the cutbacks are to make the club become more affordable for potential buyers.

You belive this cause some lad put that up on twitter sure half the stuff there is made up

Nice one Randy.

To put it more succinctly, there is no chance of removing the so-called failing owner for the foreseeable future.

However, the obviously failing manager can be removed tomorrow, so perhaps it is better to focus on what can be done to improve the club's fortunes on the field, rather than what can't.

Given the last 3 and a half years how can you think that changing the manager will improve the clubs fortunes? We've just got worse and worse.

Given the last 3 and a half years how can you think that changing the manager will improve the clubs fortunes? We've just got worse and worse.

Because there are a number of managers who do a lot better on something similar to Lambert's budget.

Because there are moments when the manager should be changed, and this is one of them.

Had they changed the manager 5 years ago, we would be a lot better off now. They missed that moment, so let's pray that they don't miss this one.

Because there are a number of managers who do a lot better on something similar to Lambert's budget.

Because there are moments when the manager should be changed, and this is one of them.

Had they changed the manager 5 years ago, we would be a lot better off now. They missed that moment, so let's pray that they don't miss this one.

I don't doubt there are better out there but what have you witnessed to make you think Lerner will find them?

From Mon to houllier to McLeish and now Lambert it just got worse and worse and we now have the worst squad I've ever seen.

I don't doubt there are better out there but what have you witnessed to make you think Lerner will find them?

From Mon to houllier to McLeish and now Lambert it just got worse and worse and we now have the worst squad I've ever seen.

To be fair to Mr.Lerner, he has never professed to being an expert in football manager selection, which is why he uses consultants.

After 4 disasters, I guess that he has to strike lucky at some point.

But it is academic. The club won't sack Lambert, and he won't walk.

Lerner knows that the whole western economy is in a 'dead cat bounce' (google it if it needs explaining).

There is no more money.

Soon all our railways, care homes and football clubs etc. will be owned by arabs, chinese and malasians.

Enjoy!

The club won't sack Lambert

And that's because we have an owner more than happy to survive on the cheap.

No, we have an owner who is extraordinarily loyal to his managers. He proved that with MON, and he has been consistently loyal since.

A little bit of ruthlessness would go a long way at the moment.

No, we have an owner who is extraordinarily loyal to his managers. He proved that with MON, and he has been consistently loyal since.

He sacked houllier and McLeish after one year each.

• Like 2

Really can`t see Lerner going through the rigmarole of sacking Lambert and trying to find another manager who could do better with the same amount of money. He`d be putting even more pressure on himself . It`s quite obviouse he hasn`t got the investment to improve us and its a question of sitting tight and hoping for the best I`m afraid , which makes all talk of some " long term project " laughable . The question for us , the supporters , is whether Lerner puts his desire not to lose more money , above selling quickly so WE can progress as a club . I`m not holding my breath.

Houllier was ill.

The less said about McLeish, the better. His wife was publicly boasting months earlier that he was going to get the sack and receive a massive payoff

Houllier was ill.

The less said about McLeish, the better. His wife was publicly boasting months earlier that he was going to get the sack and receive a massive payoff

So what are you basing this extraordinary loyalty on?

Â