Paul Lambert

Pilchard

To be fair Lambert did take responsibility for this and admit that we are in a fight.

Honestly I couldn't give that much of a shit what he says. Actions speak louder than words and he needs to sort things out quickly. As I said previously, if we are going to turn up every week, hardly try and get smashed then he can **** off. I can take being inconsistent and getting an absolute hammering every now and then but I can't take this on a regular basis.

No need to resort to swearing. See my post to you on the match thread.

No need to be a prick in the first place. Edited by Mantis

To be fair Lambert did take responsibility for this and admit that we are in a fight.

Honestly I couldn't give that much of a shit what he says. Actions speak louder than words and he needs to sort things out quickly. As I said previously, if we are going to turn up every week, hardly try and get smashed then he can **** off. I can take being inconsistent and getting an absolute hammering every now and then but I can't take this on a regular basis.

No need to be a prick in the first place.

I never called you a prick.

Not hoping Mike, there are three worse teams !

Mike I said in the summer we were in for a rocky ride, that we would be in a struggle through to February / march when I expected the new team that lamber put together to gel more and get better results. I also expected business in January to help that process and I still do.

It's been ver rocky recently, more downs than ups but I still think lambert is the right manager for us.

He does need backing though, lets see what January brings.

why what would you rather he say? " we are **** and going down" ?

Rather him tell it how it is, rather than talking bollocks. Because as of right now, i can't see us being "fine" at all.

Mike I said in the summer we were in for a rocky ride, that we would be in a struggle through to February / march when I expected the new team that lamber put together to gel more and get better results. I also expected business in January to help that process and I still do.

It's been ver rocky recently, more downs than ups but I still think lambert is the right manager for us.

Three worse teams? Who are they exactly?

15 goals in three games with no reply. That's as many as we've scored ALL SEASON.

Three worse teams? Who are they exactly?

15 goals in three games with no reply. That's as many as we've scored ALL SEASON.

yet there are three teams worse than us, are we bottom of the league?

What people to realise is Richard Dunne is, excuse the pun, done! Finished. The Euros proved that. Nzogbia isn't interested either and will be punted in Jan. That is another McLeish blunder that Lambert will have to fix. Bent doesn't give enough for the team either. Given is a good pro but past his best. So the experienced players aren't/weren't up to it and it wasn't for the want of trying to get more in. Their wages are the problem - they need to be offloaded before others can come in.

Let me assure you he isn't looking to bring in more kids in January. But if he doesn't get money from the owner what can he do? Lambert knows exactly what is needed but you can't always say what you want to say to the press. Same way he can't exactly say we're bang in trouble. But he knows better players are needed. He always has even at the start of the season. If allowed, he'll bring in several more experienced players.

An experienced centre-half is his priority. To play next to Vlaar. I think most of his signings haven't been too bad. If he gets money - which I think the last few results will force the owners hand and give Lambert some funds - he will get it right.

Villa will be fine if the manager is given money to put things right. Stick with him until the end of next month and you'll see.

I'm sure you are here just on a wind up

Either that or you are on drugs

yet there are three teams worse than us, are we bottom of the league?

So that will include Southampton, who actually have a game in hand on us and is another team who thrashed us - 4-1.

You are in a **** dreamland if you cannot see how poor the players are, the lack of any mental strength or ability on the football pitch.

What people to realise is Richard Dunne is, excuse the pun, done! Finished. The Euros proved that. Nzogbia isn't interested either and will be punted in Jan. That is another McLeish blunder that Lambert will have to fix. Bent doesn't give enough for the team either. Given is a good pro but past his best. So the experienced players aren't/weren't up to it and it wasn't for the want of trying to get more in. Their wages are the problem - they need to be offloaded before others can come in.

Let me assure you he isn't looking to bring in more kids in January. But if he doesn't get money from the owner what can he do? Lambert knows exactly what is needed but you can't always say what you want to say to the press. Same way he can't exactly say we're bang in trouble. But he knows better players are needed. He always has even at the start of the season. If allowed, he'll bring in several more experienced players.

An experienced centre-half is his priority. To play next to Vlaar. I think most of his signings haven't been too bad. If he gets money - which I think the last few results will force the owners hand and give Lambert some funds - he will get it right.

Villa will be fine if the manager is given money to put things right. Stick with him until the end of next month and you'll see.

Do you know something?

No point sacking Lambert. No manager could do much with the squad we have especially with current injuries. I still don't agree with isolating Warnock and Hutton and selling Collins just to win over fans.. They may be shit but they are better than the current alternatives.

No point sacking Lambert. No manager could do much with the squad we have especially with current injuries. I still don't agree with isolating Warnock and Hutton and selling Collins just to win over fans.. They may be shit but they are better than the current alternatives.

I disagree, at least with Warnock and Hutton. They're dreadful. They are not the answer. Experience would be useful yes but it has to be decent experience.

I'd definitely play Warnock, I've heard he's back with us training with the kids, is that true ?

Richard I think saying it has been a rocky ride is putting it mildly.

I genuinely like Lambert and he was my number one choice in the summer. In fact he was up there for me when Houllier got the flick and I am desperate for him to do well. However I have to front up and say that he is starting to be a major disappointment.

Stats can be twisted to suit any agenda but the worst defence in the league and worst attack really can't be argued with can it. To say we have been poor in the main would be an understatement.

I can't actually on the whole fault the effort of most of the players. I believe Lambert is getting the best out of most of them. However the simple truth is that the best from many of them is simply not good enough at this level.

I have said on numerous occasions that I don't believe a 17 mill net spend in the summer was enough backing for Lambert from Lerner and that we needed proven quality and quantity and for 17 mill we were not getting both whilst at the same time having to balance the wage bill. Now when I hear Lambert talk it seems he wasn't interested in signing proven quality. He wanted and still wants to gamble on young inexperienced potential. That was not and is not the route to go down. There is a balancing act and what these young lads are crying out for is a few players who have proven themselves at this level and who can guide them in games/give leadership and have that little bit of experience/nous at this level. Without that we will continue to struggle.

If Lambert hasn't learned from his mistakes in the summer window and doesn't sign the proven quality we are crying out for then these young lads that he is gambling on may well be learning their trade next season with us in the Championship.

Edited by markavfc40

I disagree, at least with Warnock and Hutton. They're dreadful. They are not the answer. Experience would be useful yes but it has to be decent experience.

Maybe they wouldn't be an answer but they kept us up last year and that is all we need right now. If we were able to sell them in the summer id understand. As for Collins he may have the odd error but he is a better centre half than Clarke.

When they scored their 3rd lambert went into the dugout sat down and didn't come back

Was all a bit McLeish

I noticed that too, was wondering where he went. He even sent the fitness coach to get the subs as they were all warming up at the time,

Despite the recent setbacks i still have faith that he will turn it around. Was he my first choice in the summer? No. I would rather have had Martinez as he was/is the more proven of the two. But up til Xmas and his signings so far all seemed to be gelling he just needs to drop the 5-3-2.

I'm sure you are here just on a wind up

Either that or you are on drugs

So that will include Southampton, who actually have a game in hand on us and is another team who thrashed us - 4-1.

You are in a **** dreamland if you cannot see how poor the players are, the lack of any mental strength or ability on the football pitch.

under houllier and Mcleish when I used to disagree with posters and say so, I used to do so more respectfully than this. Standard of debate is definitely something that is worse now than then