A Villa team to be proud of

Demitri_C

After watching our hopeless losers struggle against a league two side I thought i would visit memory lane to our last cup victory Wembley 1996 Villa vs Leeds. The team under Sir Brian Little were slight under dogs under the time but we had warriors in the side who battled, believed and showed passion. Milosevic was mocked as miss a lot a vic, what did he do? He shoved it down their throat  and scored a screamer.

We had  passion and dynamite in the midfield with Taylor and Townsend. Solid CB's Southgate and Ehiogu, They were not the most gifted group of indivduals but my god did they believe and they bought home the silverware. Here is the highlights of that great day

Almost 20 years since we won it, just wish our players would show some of the passion, determination, guts and that they care about this club. This game should have motivated them to beat lowly bradford but they failed miserably.

I want them to watch this video and use it as motivation to avoid relegation as staying up after all the crap we have had to put up with will be like winning a trophy. They need to put a smile back on our faces they at least owe us that.

Make yourselves a team that we can be proud of starting with Newcastle United

Seeing footage from past successes when your team is in a bad way is like being single and looking at pictures of an old girlfriend you never quite got over. Yes you will feel happy for a few minutes whilst the memories flood back to you but you know deep down that those days are long gone and never to return. This inevitably makes you more depressed than you already were.

• Like 2

Great team!

There are some interesting similarties now. Almost relegated in 94/95 with an aging squad. Little came in and did just enough to avoid the drop and began replacing the older players with young blood. Played a 3-5-2 formation too.

"The team under Sir Brian Little were slight under dogs under the time" - Not quite Demitri. We ended the season 4th they were 13th and we had beaten them by the same score at Villa Park the month before the final. We went into it expected to win it although not as easily as it turned out. "They were not the most gifted group of indivduals" - Bosnich, Southgate, McGrath, Ehiogu, Taylor, Townsend & Yorke? Other than that I agree with your well made point and thanks for the reminder of what was a proud day from our history at a time when our future looks anything but bright.

I watched the '94 cup final dvd the other night to cheer myself up. Christ but we had some quality then! I always remembered Townsend & Richardson as kinda average midfielders, but they were like Keane and Viera compared to the shite we have these days.

For ten minutes or so then I forgot everything and just marveled at the fantastic memories from that famous day.

It seems so long ago now and yet the memories come flooding back when you watch it. I can't actually remember the last time watching Villa made me smile. 

Great day, my housemates were so sure Leeds were gonna roll over us :) I still blinked thinking i'd imagined Savo scoring 20yrs later! 

Carlton Palmer there in the Leeds team too I see. Always remember what Le Tissier said of him in his book - 

"He could trap a ball further than i could pass it" 

Â