Wembley Stadium sells naming rights to mobile phone network

The_Rev

Since being rebuilt in the wrong place, Wembley ceased to matter to me. It was always too expensive and I'm surprised this wasn't done sooner. Before long they'll be playing FA Cup quarter finals there, along with several league games each season. Football at the "highest" level in England is becoming increasingly unattractive and this is a simple continuation of that.

Since being rebuilt in the wrong place, Wembley ceased to matter to me. It was always too expensive and I'm surprised this wasn't done sooner. Before long they'll be playing FA Cup quarter finals there, along with several league games each season. Football at the "highest" level in England is becoming increasingly unattractive and this is a simple continuation of that.

Agree. I **** hate Wemberlee.

Wish the cup finals could be somewhere else

death of the old stadium was the death of traditional british football, were it was about having a fun day out, enjoying the atmosphere, etc, its all money now to the rich funded by us, the working class ticket payer

fine, wembley was old, but the new stadium should of never been built there, it should of been more central, near a motorwat network, easier for all of english fans to get to, but no, the cockneys had a moan and got their way, because everything has to be in london, they even moaned about the NEC should of been in london as well, what use it is to anybody?

i for one will probably never get the chance to go to new wembley, ive past it a few times due to work, but i care none that ill never step foot in that FA money maker

fine, wembley was old, but the new stadium should of never been built there, it should of been more central, near a motorwat network, easier for all of english fans to get to, but no, the cockneys had a moan and got their way, because everything has to be in london, they even moaned about the NEC should of been in london as well, what use it is to anybody?

Its the National Stadium and there correct IMO that it should be in the Nation's capital.

Motorway networks like the M25,M4,M1,M40,M3? Its hardly inaccessible is it?

Its a 3 hour drive tops from Brum - you'd do that on away games anyway - really can't see the problem.

birmingham, manchester, liverpool, newcastle...

anywhere you can think of that they could have built a better stadium with better infrastructure for half the cost, couldnt generate anywhere near the revenue wembley can, can you see the FA selling out all the coporate stuff if it was next to the NEC if they charged the same prices? not a chance

not just the FA either, UEFA love the wembley cash cow too

its the future of stadiums

still from my 2 trips there i was amazed at how much of a shithole wembley was, it was ridiculously run down and poor, made me wonder what would actually be there if it wasnt for the stadium

Â