So what sort of club are we going to be

PussEKatt

• 1 month later...

I would say that the die has been caste.We are going to be a number 4 club.We are going to be a selling club, not a buying club.I would say that irrespective of wether we go down or stay up what will happen is this.As the young players get better and their contracts are up for renewall they will get sold to clubs higher up the table  ( otherwise they will become high earners ) and they will be replaced by younger ( less expensive ) players who will play for less $$, and this cycle will be repeated over and over again.On top of that you must bear in mind that these players do this for a job,so obviously they want to earn as much as they can in the short time that their playing careers last,who can blame them ?Also any player will want to win trophies, and that prospect does not look good if you play for AVFC.

So, young players,move them on when they are good players and start the cycle again, and again, and again.  

The aim is to make us profitable, not for our good but for the benefit of the Lerner Trust - that is why we will be looking to 'bring em in and sell them on'

All that ballcocks about wanting to be CL in 5 years is long gone, reality has taken over and now we are a part of his family acquisitions fund 

Yeah our wage bill is probably smaller now..

yes it is...

10/11 - £83m

11/12 - £?

12/13 - £63m (£39m basic wage + NI +Medical insurance + Bonus + Lambert salary + non-footballing staff)

31 May 2012: £70m plus an extra £6m to pay off McHopeless.  Lovely.

I would say that the die has been caste.We are going to be a number 4 club.We are going to be a selling club, not a buying club.I would say that irrespective of wether we go down or stay up what will happen is this.As the young players get better and their contracts are up for renewall they will get sold to clubs higher up the table  ( otherwise they will become high earners ) and they will be replaced by younger ( less expensive ) players who will play for less $$, and this cycle will be repeated over and over again.On top of that you must bear in mind that these players do this for a job,so obviously they want to earn as much as they can in the short time that their playing careers last,who can blame them ?Also any player will want to win trophies, and that prospect does not look good if you play for AVFC.

So, young players,move them on when they are good players and start the cycle again, and again, and again.  

Kind of begs the question..."Whats the point exactly?" Surely there has to be an ultimate goal? Otherwise the whole thing becomes pointless, the motivation evaporates.

It's like if you imagine a football match with no physical goals to aim at.. Just a pitch with 22 blokes running about ..the whole thing would simply decend into farce & everybody would lose interest & end up sitting down drinking squash or something.

Is this the future for this club? If it is i would seriously have to question as to whether i would waste my money on that. The game is about achieving & winning not making up the numbers or becoming a training ground for players to develop in before they go to a "Proper club"... Whats all that about!?

If that's what Randy Lerner wants then please get out of my club...Do one!

Right??? , Well Lerners given the money to sign a few quality players. Lambert decided to spend it on 1 quality (or potentially), 1 ok, 1 injured waste of space and 4 absolute morons.

Morons isnt the right word and thats unfair. But so far Bowery (hasnt played), Westwood, Bennett and KEA have shown anything but quality.

How much do you Bowery is on?

How much do you think Westwood is on?

Kind of makes it a bit of a challenge to bring in quality when offering that don't you think.

Anything to not blame randy eh?

Agree BJ10.

I keep banging on about this.

A lot of fans have been hoodwinked by Lerner into thinking that he can't afford to re-invest in the club and this suits our chairman right down to the ground. I've seen it time and time again on here with statements like 'we can't afford quality players.' 

We can't afford it because Lerner won't afford it and its got feck all to do with Lerner's pockets being empty! 

Edited by Morpheus
  • Like 1

My worry is that Lerner is more than happy for us to just be a club at your level 3 making up the numbers.

I agree with this...the last 2-3 years have been so dismal that finishing safely in 13th place seems like a successful season now. Sad.

Kind of begs the question..."Whats the point exactly?" Surely there has to be an ultimate goal? Otherwise the whole thing becomes pointless, the motivation evaporates.

It's like if you imagine a football match with no physical goals to aim at.. Just a pitch with 22 blokes running about ..the whole thing would simply decend into farce & everybody would lose interest & end up sitting down drinking squash or something.

Is this the future for this club? If it is i would seriously have to question as to whether i would waste my money on that. The game is about achieving & winning not making up the numbers or becoming a training ground for players to develop in before they go to a "Proper club"... Whats all that about!?

If that's what Randy Lerner wants then please get out of my club...Do one!

Of corse thats what Lerner wants.Just look at the players we have sold and compare them to the players we have bought.Secondly, what do you realy think will happen to players like Benteke and Lowton ( when he gets a bit better ) They will either have to have a wage rise ( making them high erners ) or they will be moved on to another club.

Â