So what sort of club are we going to be

PussEKatt

Everton are probably at the other end of the scale of teams punching above their weight in terms of wages vs league position (that would be an interesting comparison table).

i can do that for you...

League table by revenue (2010/11):

1 - Man Utd

2 - Arsenal

3 - Chelsea

4 - Liverpool

5 - Spurs

6 - Man City (this will be much higher now)

7 - ASTON VILLA

8 - Newcastle

9 - Everton

10 - Sunderland

11 - Fulham

12 - Bolton

13 - Stoke

League table by wage bill:

1 - Chelsea

2 - Man City

3 - Man Utd

4 - Arsenal

5 - Liverpool

6 - Spurs

7 - ASTON VILLA

8 - Newcastle

9 - Everton

10 - Sunderland

11 - Fulham

12 - Bolton

13 - Stoke

Edited by ender4

Thats true, not small money. However there seems an overriding desire to balance the books - reducing wages etc. Whilst I can see Lerners point - if you aren't prepared to hemorrhage millions, don't buy a football club, especially if you don't have the expertise either.

Interesting point that.

Does football rely on some bloke just losing lots of money? Madness.

Jason Cundy made me laugh the other day. One day he was saying that Frank Lampard was worth every penny of 170k a week. The next day he was debatingif football clubs were pricing familys/the everday person out of football games.

The sport has really lost its sense of reality and what the games about. Its become beyond a joke and while I still enjoy watching Villa, I won't be sad to see the premiership implode.

Because that would take it back up to the uncontrollable level. This really isnt rocket science.

How would it?

Signing a few quality players is not the same as giving big contracts to lots of average players.

You're right it's not rocket science.

• Like 1

How would it?

Signing a few quality players is not the same as giving big contracts to lots of average players.

You're right it's not rocket science.

Right??? , Well Lerners given the money to sign a few quality players. Lambert decided to spend it on 1 quality (or potentially), 1 ok, 1 injured waste of space and 4 absolute morons.

Morons isnt the right word and thats unfair. But so far Bowery (hasnt played), Westwood, Bennett and KEA have shown anything but quality.

Edited by Woodytom

Right??? , Well Lerners given the money to sign a few quality players. Lambert decided to spend it on 1 quality (or potentially), 1 ok, 1 injured waste of space and 4 absolute morons.

Morons isnt the right word and thats unfair. But so far Bowery (hasnt played), Westwood, Bennett and KEA have shown anything but quality.

How much do you Bowery is on?

How much do you think Westwood is on?

Kind of makes it a bit of a challenge to bring in quality when offering that don't you think.

Anything to not blame randy eh?

How much do you Bowery is on?

How much do you think Westwood is on?

Kind of makes it a bit of a challenge to bring in quality when offering that don't you think.

Anything to not blame randy eh?

What so, your given 20m - instead of spending it wisely over 3 or 4 decent players - you spend it a bit mis-shaped on a load of unknown quantities?? And then we will blame the chairman.

Im not sure what your getting at? Hes spent a bucket load of cash on an absolute lorry load of shite. Most of that was under MON, some under Houllier (I mean **** 24m on Bent? Please do me a favour if you think that money couldnt have been spent a little bit wiser), some under Mcleish and now some under Lambert.

I dont know why you keep banging on about me not blaming Randy. Ive told you exactly where I stand. I neither like nor dislike him. He is the owner of AVFC and that means he can do what the hell he likes with it. Id like him to win us the champions League but hey ho that probably wont happen and I refuse to blame him for not funding making mine and your Saturdays a little bit nicer. And Il tell you the reason again if you like - because Im neither sad enough to care nor powerful enough to do anything about it.

Well you certainly feel enough to share your views on bent. Are you sad enough to care about that then?

And like I asked you forget the wages when talking about the £20 million.

I havent forgot the wages. You spread the 20m on 3 or 4 better players than the 7 - given you more wages for each player.

Not that its that simple to find players anyway.

Edited by Woodytom

What so, your given 20m - instead of spending it wisely over 3 or 4 decent players - you spend it a bit mis-shaped on a load of unknown quantities?? And then we will blame the chairman.

Im not sure what your getting at? Hes spent a bucket load of cash on an absolute lorry load of shite. Most of that was under MON, some under Houllier (I mean **** 24m on Bent? Please do me a favour if you think that money couldnt have been spent a little bit wiser), some under Mcleish and now some under Lambert.

I dont know why you keep banging on about me not blaming Randy. Ive told you exactly where I stand. I neither like nor dislike him. He is the owner of AVFC and that means he can do what the hell he likes with it. Id like him to win us the champions League but hey ho that probably wont happen and I refuse to blame him for not funding making mine and your Saturdays a little bit nicer. And Il tell you the reason again if you like - because Im neither sad enough to care nor powerful enough to do anything about it.

correct..we dont know where we are as our owner says not a word,doug would tell it how it is.. we just dont know,we could end up spending 1m this jan or like when we got db9 in...lets just sit on our hands & wait & see.

Â