Stags In Eastern Europe for September

Demitri_C

My friend and I are looking to organise a stag for our friend who is getting married in October

We are considering Eastern Europe, somehwre cheap anyone have any good suggestions?

Have been Prague dont =fancy that again

Looking into cities like Budapest, Bratislava, Riga, at the moment any one ever vbeen to any of these? Any good? Or any other suggestions would be welcome! Thanks all

Went to Riga and Tallinn a couple of years ago. Both had their fair share of stag weekends there whilst we were. Tallinn may have a reputation as 'staggier' but I would recommend Riga, cheaper beer, cheaper food, nicer weather, all round better city IMO

Been to Prague, Krakow, Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn.

Really liked Tallinn... didn't see any stags but was only there on a Monday and Tuesday night.. still had a cracking time though! People really friendly.

Thought Riga was awful.

In the Baltics my order is Tallinn, Vilnius and Riga. A mate of mine who has also been to all three (not with me) rated them the same... we both said Tallinn was the only one we would go back to.

Been to Prague, Krakow, Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn.

Really liked Tallinn... didn't see any stags but was only there on a Monday and Tuesday night.. still had a cracking time though! People really friendly.

Thought Riga was awful.

In the Baltics my order is Tallinn, Vilnius and Riga. A mate of mine who has also been to all three (not with me) rated them the same... we both said Tallinn was the only one we would go back to.

Out of interest (don't want to de-rail the thread) but what was it about Riga that you didn't like?

Much as i like Budapest , Tallinn would be a good shout ... You can sit around in the main square and drink beer and soak up the atmosphere and watch the pretty women walk by ...

Added bonus is you can jump a high speed ferry and be in Helsinki in around 90 mins and get 2 cities for the price of one ...

Fly into one country and out the other save having to do a return crossing

Bratislava avoid , it's a shit hole and there certainly was a lot of anti English feeling amongst the locals ( though it was 2000 when i was rhere ) so something to consider

Riga is a bit dull from a nightlife pov ( though it was 1999 when I went ) ... A pretty city I thought and the history is both sad and interesting ... But for a stag do you may not want that :-)

Budapet we've spoken about before ... Has plenty of bars and plenty to see and do ... It's probably one of Europe most beautiful cities if you take in the view along the Danube of the parliament , mattius church and palace ... You can get a beer in the fishermans bastion now so you have an excuse to sit there and admire the view as you drink beer without losing any stag time

Sofia I had a couple of nights there when Villa played Litex Lovech the other year... To be honest I only saw a few bars and 1 nightclub but I didn't go in it so can't say how good or bad it was... It will be cheap though and the beer was decent if I recall

Cheers Ton and everyone else. Yeah we did discuss Budapest a while ago. Never went in the end...

But we have decided to do four days Budapest then Barcelona for 3 days straight after as flight is only £69

But that option to Helsinki sounds interesting. What's Helsinki like?

Barcelona is stunning dem, go to the nou camp above anything else though, and pay for the museum access, well worth the money (around €12 I think we paid) I would recomend the Sagrada familia and park guęll but there not really stag do things. A pint of estrella will cost about €5, but you can get bottles of mahou for cheaper

Went to Riga last year, Tallinn the year before and we are going to Vilnius this year also. All lads/stag holidays over easter time.

The women in Tallinn are stunning and its a great city, but i think i enjoyed my time in Riga more. The women there weren't anything to sniff at either! I guess it comes down to the crowd you go with and the banter between them etc but i really enjoyed my time in both cities.

Riga is a bigger than Tallinn and the locals in both cities are really friendly. We went to this Kiwi bar in Riga that was ran by a load of local girls and went out partying with them after they closed up until nearly midday the next day! Also managed to race a couple of the Rickshaw bikes between bars so great banter all around.

Looking forward to Vilnius and hoping for more of the same. One thing i will say though is that Riga wasnt cheap at all, you get less LVL's to a GBP so the whole 3 day weekend cost a tad more than i expected.

Out of interest (don't want to de-rail the thread) but what was it about Riga that you didn't like?

We did a 4 city, 8 night Baltic tour (Helsinki, Tallinn, Vilnius & Riga). Riga was the last stop... had just had 4 great nights out in a row in Tallinn & Vilnius (including dancing with an Italian hen party in a Vilnius club - they were all stunning!)... don't think I heard another British person in Vilnius and very few in Tallinn... a lot of that was down to the fact we were there midweek but we ended up in Riga on Friday and it was full of drunk British stag groups, shouting, fighting and generally being words removed. I imagine that if we had been in Tallinn or Vilnius on a Friday night we may have seen groups like this.

As a city itself, Riga is very pretty. I may have been a little harsh when I described it as awful! Plus despite what I said above, we still had a cracking couple of nights out. Maybe its me, but I like to go places where there is very little chance of hearing the British accent!

But that option to Helsinki sounds interesting. What's Helsinki like?

Average. Spent a couple of nights there and nothing stands out in the memory, Its not a bad place... just not a memorable place!

Edited by Xela

We did a 4 city, 8 night Baltic tour (Helsinki, Tallinn, Vilnius & Riga). Riga was the last stop... had just had 4 great nights out in a row in Tallinn & Vilnius (including dancing with an Italian hen party in a Vilnius club - they were all stunning!)... don't think I heard another British person in Vilnius and very few in Tallinn... a lot of that was down to the fact we were there midweek but we ended up in Riga on Friday and it was full of drunk British stag groups, shouting, fighting and generally being words removed. I imagine that if we had been in Tallinn or Vilnius on a Friday night we may have seen groups like this.

As a city itself, Riga is very pretty. I may have been a little harsh when I described it as awful! Plus despite what I said above, we still had a cracking couple of nights out. Maybe its me, but I like to go places where there is very little chance of hearing the British accent!

Guess it just depends when you go then! In our three days in Riga we didn't see any other British people (fair few Aussies/New Zealanders) and saw quite a few drunken knobhead groups in Tallinn!

For me the Baltic state capitals go Tallinn > Vilnius > Riga.

Riga was just a little boring for me the other two had charm and character. That said Riga looked more of a stag destination than the other two.

I'm off to Budapest for a stag do in June. Been on holiday there in 2011, really nice city. Looking forward to it!

Average. Spent a couple of nights there and nothing stands out in the memory, Its not a bad place... just not a memorable place!

that's probably a fair summation of Helsinki ... the ferry trip over just appeals to people like me who can't even go to Tesco without trying to route via a new country on the way :)

Â