College sports - general chat

leviramsey

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/big-ten-aims-to-have-new-media-rights-deal-worth-up-to-1-billion-in-place-around-memorial-day/amp/

Here’s an article for anyone interested. The Big Ten was set to sign a TV deal worth over $1 billion per year, which means around $70 million per school, per year.

They haven’t signed the contract yet though, and the addition of USC & UCLA will drive that price up even more. If the Big Ten expands any further, they will add schools that continue to raise the bar for what they can demand from TV networks.

• Like 1

I did say it was most likely for financial reasons.  Quinn Ewers is already a millionaire thanks to spending half his life in a portal like a redneck Dr Who. 

I can't wait to see how they split the SEC up with the two new teams.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I did say it was most likely for financial reasons.  Quinn Ewers is already a millionaire thanks to spending half his life in a portal like a redneck Dr Who. 

I can't wait to see how they split the SEC up with the two new teams.

I (obviously) follow the Big Ten more closely, but I think they go to a pod system similar to what the NFL does with divisions. 4 pods of 4 teams, with the winner of the two western pods and the winner of the two Eastern pods playing in a semifinal, and the two winners of that game meeting for the Big Ten championship.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Sounds like someone's had a drink.   Are you lost ? it's 4am and this ain't the Jack Grealish thread 😍

Woken by the mother in law falling over again, the wife had to make yet another trip at 3am

Â