1.5 quarters of the Rosebowl done, 28-21 :lol:

4 touchdowns in 55 seconds

edit

one more minute, another touchdown

Edited by Tegis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Is he any good or just going to be under a microscope and insane pressure? 

It's a different kind of pressure in Texas as it really is "football country" but he has avoided the SEC spotlight (For now anyway as Texas are moving conferences soon)

Not going to Bama, LSU, Georgia , Ohio etc is good news for NCAA football in general and should help Arch too.

And yeah...He's good.

It's also interesting as Texas recently recruited Quinn Ewers ( The dude with the crazy mullet and insane arm)  and if he stays put he will probably start . Manning redshirting isn't out of the question.

There has been a significant carousel of QB transfers this summer involving a lot of potential draftees and I've tried my best to keep up.  If you're going to watch some games next season these are some QB's /teams to track.

1 Caleb Williams has left Oklahoma Sooners for USC Trojans.     He is super talented .  USC will be must watch next season.

2 Dillon Gabriel  has left the UCF Knights to replace Williams at the Sooners.   Very good player who sadly got injured early doors last year for UCF.

3 Spencer Rattler  (Who lost his job to the superior Caleb Williams at the Sooners) is now in the SEC at South Carolina.  Above average but not a top talent IMO.

4 Anthony Richardson will be starting for the mighty Gators and he's the most exciting QB I have ever seen at UF.    Could be absolutely anything

5 Quinn Ewers / Arch Manning    will be the story for the next few weeks. Will be interesting how that plays out .   Both could be superstars in the making. (Arch has been under spotlight since birth)

6 DJU at Clemson . Hasn't blown people away yet but the skills are there.

7  Tua's brother at Maryland ( Haven't seen him yet)

8 Bryce Young will be on telly every week and get drafted for sure.

9 Jaxson Dart at Ole Miss ( Remember the name)

For obvious reasons I'm hoping AR15 is the best of them !

LOOK: Florida's Anthony Richardson hurdles FAU defender

• Like 3

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Is he any good or just going to be under a microscope and insane pressure? 

It's also kinda moot for a bit . It's a future commitment and Manning isn't even in college this season.

The way I see it panning out is Quinn Ewers will start for Texas and put up silly numbers. Next Spring he will be draft eligible and most probably will be taken with the first pick

Manning will then  start as a true freshman and get selected first a few years down the line. 

Edited by Brumerican

4 hours ago, Tegis said:

What is going on with all the programs changing conferences? Start of a super division?

It's only really Texas and Oklahoma moving to an already dominant SEC . It has been a super division for yonks .  Most of the moves are smallish programmes going from FBS to FCS.   Most likely for money. 

Texas better starting recruiting defense or it won't matter who they have at QB . 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tegis said:

What is going on with all the programs changing conferences? Start of a super division?

It’s going to end up with 2 football superconferences, the Big Ten and the SEC. Even among the Power 5 conferences (Big Ten, SEC, ACC, PAC 12, Big 12), the Big Ten and SEC are the two big dogs. It all has to do with money generated by TV revenue. The Big Ten & SEC generate crazy amounts of money from TV deals.

It started with Oklahoma & Texas to the SEC, with the Big Ten countering by adding USC & UCLA yesterday. It sounds like the Big Ten isn’t done either. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Oregon, Washington, and/or Notre Dame jump into the conference within the next couple of weeks. I would expect the SEC to counter by adding a couple more noteworthy schools (North Carolina pops to mind).

As the Big Ten and SEC continue to cannibalize other conferences, their TV deals become even more valuable while the value of other conference’s TV rights will dwindle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â