Villa managers

_m8

Who has been Villas best manager in the Premiership?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been Villas best manager in the Premiership?

• Ron Atkinson
    • Brian Little
    • John Gregory
    • Graham Taylor
    • David O'Leary

Sorry.

And that's also why I loathe Norwich so much, being managed by Nigel Worthington, who just stood leaning against the post like a total retard, instead of heading the 1st goalbound header away.

AARRGGHH!!

Im quite surprised that Brian Little is way ahead to be honest. I know he was a good manager, but you can never underestimate the coaching job Gregory did. Soon as Greagory went, the team some what fell appart.

Still so many good memories from that season. Dalians one man special againsts the dons, Deano's 35 yard volley over the Ipswich keepers head.

I remember one game in paricular, believe it was Everton. We were 1-0 down at half time with Bozzie pulling off a few decent stops. We were 4 points behind United at the time and we needed to win to keep the pressure on. 2nd half we ripped them to pieces.

First Deano wth a simple 6 yard header before Garry Parker (Legend!) put us ahead from the spot. In the dying minutes of the match Richardson* released Houghton with a wonderful through ball which he cooly chipped over the keeper. 3-1.

Happy days. How I long for them again......

*Was it Richardsons ball, anyone remember?

I have the 92/93 season review on video, it's my favourite video/Cd/DVD ever, superb.

I think it was Staunton's pass, and it was against Man City, not Everton.

My favourite part of that season was Staunton's cracker at Old Trafford, mainly because of the strange "bonk" sound the ball made as it thundered in off the post

It was my first season as a 'proper' Villa fan you know. In other words, the first time I realy gave a shit whether we won or not.

I was only 11/12, I also remember Staunton scoring direct from a corner, that must be my imagination right? We pretty much bought out Liverpool's best players and had a good crack at the title, who said Ellis had no ambition???? :wink:

These days my memory is blurred and I remember very little. But we've had nothing since that can match the feeling that that title chase gave me.

My first game was that season too. Stood in the Holte (Left side) with a friend of the family (Cheers Pete!) and watched Yorke bang a couple past Sheffield Wednesday. Almost 12 years to the day......

I'm still proud to support this club to the death and I'll follow them till the end of the earth. No matter what......

That season I remember so clearly (mainly because of the infintie rewatching of the season review video.) I remember the Oldham home game, listening on the radio; as the final whistle went, it was the first time I'd ever cried about the Villa (I was 9 years old.)

I'm still proud to support this club to the death and I'll follow them till the end of the earth. No matter what......

Amen

I couldn't watch the Oldham game. I sat in the next room listening to the commentary while my dad, and mum, cheered them on for me.

If you could do me a copy of that video I would be eternaly gratefull. I'll PM you tommorow Ligs. Great profile pic by the way, another of my childhood heroes.......

Up The Villa.

And to remember the season started with Big Ron on the pitch against Palace saying how desprate he is to bring in Dean Saunders, but Doug wouldn't spend £2.5 million on him. Well he finally got him for £2.3 million, but not alot has changed in that depatment.

My first season as a season ticket holder. I thought being a Villa fan was going to be easy.

By the way it was the Holte End left side, the only side to be.

What a great poll question! All the managers have some merit. It's actually cheered me up reading this thread. I've started dating a new girl in Houston a few months back and even she realises we now suck and took the piss today.

What a great poll question! All the managers have some merit. It's actually cheered me up reading this thread. I've started dating a new girl in Houston a few months back and even she realises we now suck and took the piss today.

I love it when you start dating a girl... and you everything's great...

Waaaaay off topic...

I started dating a girl on 7 Dec 2003... the day after we lost 4-0 at Old Trafford (the only reason I remember the anniversary)...

from the day we started going out, things looked brighter... indeed, we won four of the next five games...

it was from that day forth that we began an incredible streak of games that saw Aston Villa rise from languishing in 18th position to within striking distance of the Champions League...

... I thought it was all because of her... it was because of her that Villa were winning...

... recent weeks have called into question our relationship!

Footballing terms..for me it`s big Ron, i thought we played some very attractive football under him & did well in the league.

BrianLittle... loved him as a player, did well as manager, but it was hard to watch at times.

J.G.... This man loved Villa, spent a fair bit of money, wasnt great to watch, but effective.

G.T. (mk2)... :cry:

I voted Little, he got me hooked and he did well overall, he was in charge of the first game I saw, he's still the only manager that has shown me villa score 7 goals in one game (that was my first game), then 4 goals the next (home game), I have to say apart from GT mkII they were all good

Pretty sure it was Little who signed Ian Taylor as well wasn't it? Whether it was him or Big Fat Racist, they deserve a medal

That season I remember so clearly (mainly because of the infintie rewatching of the season review video.) I remember the Oldham home game, listening on the radio; as the final whistle went, it was the first time I'd ever cried about the Villa (I was 9 years old.)

After the game as the team did a lap of honour, there were many tears in the stands. Of all the teams we had to lose the title to, it had to be man united. That hurt almost worse than coming second.

Â