Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

As we will probably be playing a compact formation again all Arsenal have to do is target Lichaj and Lowton to cause us serious problems, and thats even before they easily dominate our midget powderpuff lightweight midfield. This is quite possibly the worst Villa side on paper I've ever seen, looks more like a championship team which is where we look to be heading at the moment.

This is not going to be pretty! I'm in two minds right now on whether to jump on the bus for this one given the shite weather and the fact I have flu.

VILLA: Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Stevens, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Bannan, Weimann, Agbonlahor, Benteke. Subs: Given, Ireland, Albrighton, Holman, Delph, Bowery, Lichaj.

ARSENAL: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski, Giroud. Subs: Sagna, Vermaelen, Wilshere, Coquelin, Arshavin, Mannone, Gervinho.

There must be a serious rift between Lambert and Bent, there's no way you dont recall your best striker after a 5-0 loss if he is fit.

I can't see Bent playing for us again to be honest. Poor, poor man management by "the 4th best manager in the league".

On my way to Villa Park on the 11 bus in the pissing rain. This is going to be soul destroying.

There must be a serious rift between Lambert and Bent, there's no way you dont recall your best striker after a 5-0 loss if he is fit.

I can't see Bent playing for us again to be honest. Poor, poor man management by "the 4th best manager in the league".

There's a lot of rumours about Bent doing the dirty with another players' missus, and now Bent wants out of Birmingham as a lot of players no longer like him. Just a rumour though ;)

every time i see our line up it makes me cry..

only southampton and reading have worst starting 11s IMO

christ that midfield

I'd say Reading and Southampton are better as they are more the sum of all their parts, and we are just a slow motion car crash tottering towards the inevitable. You can't deny it though, its been coming.