Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

There's a lot of rumours about Bent doing the dirty on another players' missus, and now Bent wants out of Birmingham as a lot of players no longer like him. Just a rumour though ;)

Well then as manager you tell them to get over it and put aside their differences for the sake of the team. The team is more important than some silly little rift over some stupid slag. If this is the reason Bent is out, Lambert is a poorer manager than I thought.

There must be a serious rift between Lambert and Bent, there's no way you dont recall your best striker after a 5-0 loss if he is fit.

I can't see Bent playing for us again to be honest. Poor, poor man management by "the 4th best manager in the league".

On my way to Villa Park on the 11 bus in the pissing rain. This is going to be soul destroying.

Or he was told he wasn't starting and kicked off again, should one player dictate the team?

Football is funny, if we win all will be forgotten, lose and Bent would have won it for us if he had played.

Thankfully I doubt Lambert gives a shit what anyone thinks.

How can he leave out Ireland. Shocking

Yeah, that midfield is now even worse than it was before, where is the creativity going to come from. If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd feel well comfortable. An easy three points for them this afternoon, I'm dreading sitting in this pissing rain for the next two hours.

Seems to me he's marginalising all the high earners

Bent, Given, Dunne, Ireland - 250k a week in wages there

Bent has been injured, as has Dunne (since the beginning of the season and therefore unpickable), Ireland's been given a fair crack of the whip recently and Given was carrying a knock and out of form.

You think way too much (especially in the negative!)

If for nothing else I hope we win just to end some of the inane bickering in the VT section for a few hours.

Lambert's banned from the touchline.

Even if we win, you watch. The fact he's not on the touchline will be used as some sort of proof that it wasn't down to him

It's not uncommon to leave out players who've just come back from injury. Maybe he's saving Bent for a more winnable game? I don't know, or he's just, you know, being sensible and not rushing him back.

Why not keep him on the bench then atleast? it's not like we are blessed with quality on there.

Not confident without Ireland in there.

KEA or Bannan just don't provide the same sort of attack as Ireland does

I think Bannan playing in a more advanced role will be beneficial. Can only imagine KEA has been included to sit on Carzola all game to stop him creating.