Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Delph should be in League One. He might of been a prospect 5 years ago. now hes just a rusty snotgobbler.

How did this team manage to win comprehensively at the Etihad??? Crazy

Second half we'll just have to hope we can hang on. Can see us conceding.. No doubt PL wont change a thing coz he thinks we're doing just fine pfffftttttt

Delph played a wonderful long ball to Gabby earlier. He's broken up the play, linked with the wingers and full backs, the problem is he's too similar to KEA. Both are doing a decent job today but there needs to be more impeteus with the passing going forward from midfield.

I dread to think what the scorelines at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge will end up like. Even though we are one up we are diabolical,Bennett, Allbrighton and Gabby off and Bent, Ireland and Lichaj should come on.

We really are desperate for a left back, how much did we give Middlesborough for Bennett? He is crap and looks like like he will get sent off before the game is up

Plus: Benteke, Holman, Guzan, Herd, Lowton and El Ahmadi's break up play

Minus: Bennett, Vlaar, Albrighton, Delph's passing, El Ahmadi's passing, Agbonlahor

Big minus: Simple passings are terrible, players seems very nervous, Vlaar and Bennet makes silly mistakes.

I'd like to see wee Barry on for the second half in place of Delph.

Delph's been alright. Nothing penetrative about his passing but he's rarely given it away. I'd reckon if Bannan then for Albrighton and he and Holman can keep switching. Otherwise, Ireland for Gabby and sit him in behind Benteke, whom they're not handling all that well.

Plus: Benteke, Holman, Guzan, Herd, Lowton and El Ahmadi's break up play

Minus: Bennett, Vlaar, Albrighton, Delph's passing, El Ahmadi's passing, Agbonlahor

Big minus: Simple passings are terrible, players seems very nervous, Vlaar and Bennet makes silly mistakes.

Vlaar is crap but the majority of people on here dont let you say that. Some people seem to think he is the new Laursen which is hillarious.

Benteke looks to have a bit of goal scoring nous to me. Has the knack of getting into good positions and I think his decisions in finishing are good and his execution inconsistent.

We don't look good as a unit though, I think we could do with Ireland in midfield at some point.

Nice to be ahead, but we're playing very nervously and without confidence. There is no natural playmaker out there, no rythm or vision to our play. Terrible to watch actually. Although we need a playmaker , what we need most is players with confidence who don't run and hide in the shadows or resort to the "safeness" of the hoof tactic.

Not sure what you're talking about with Vlaar, hasn't done too much wrong defensively, I think he's going to be a great player for us. Too much negativity on here.

KEA is a quality player, shame we haven't got the players alongside him, Ireland should be the answer but he's just so unpredictable.

im happy with the score line but as mentioned it is the same sort of performace we put in ( or didnt) against southampton, 1-0 at half time without deserving it.

the positioning of our midfield is making it impossible for the defenders to do anything other than hoof it, or step out with the ball

you only need 1 midfielder to drop for the ball and then with a bit of movement he can either play it to another midfielder or the defender can then move onwards, like decent teams do

instead out players are almost static

our goal came from width, one of only 2 times the ball has been delivered into the box from wide and the ball kept down.

no suprises really, most of the fans having been saying we need balls into the box from out wide for quite some time

lets also stop with floating the ball into the box, even when benteke wins it, he cant do anything with it as there is no momentum from the ball

while bennett has looks shakey, without proper movement and support he will play every ball the same, high down the line for gabby , something the oponents will be 100% aware of

maybe if he tried to switch it long ball to the oposite side of the pitch it would create some indecision from their defenders as alby always seems to be in space but then again you have to rely on him to actually control the ball and then deliver it into the box rather than try every time to beat his man on the outside when there is no need to.

Not sure what you're talking about with Vlaar, hasn't done too much wrong defensively, I think he's going to be a great player for us. Too much negativity on here.

I think he still is adjusting. The game is a bit too fast for him, and he is quite sloppy. But hope he will adjust and be the concrete Ron we saw in the beginning of the season.