Stand Up to Cancer (Channel 4)

trekka

Evening folks,

Anybody watching this on Channel 4? I've found myself sat here with tears streaming down my face, not that it is because of the programme itself, but because I know too well about the effects of it and what it could mean to those that are suffering from it and their families.

I've personally signed upto £2 a month to Cancer Research UK as it is what I can afford but if you can't afford that then why not pledge a fiver just this once?

I don't want to turn this into a "please pledge" thread so if you have any thoughts on the programme then please post them here :)

Yep, watched it. My mother died of cancer, and my wife had a mastectomy and radiotherapy for breast cancer seven years ago, so it's kind of a familiar subject in our family.

I've just pledged £50 if they get that unfunny queer Alan Carr off the tele.

On a serious note, I give to cancer research every month, 3 of my grandparents died cus of it (brain, lung and brain again) and of course cus of our stan.

Edited by bickster
Really was no need for the homophobia, deleted

Sorry, thought you meant the "Embarrasing Bodies"-style programme last night (part of the same campaign). Tough viewing, but necessary.

That thing tonight? I managed about 30 seconds of it. I'd rather watch graphic scenes of surgery than those **** "entertainers".

Davina looks like a parrot. Id rather **** me wrist

As Keith Lemon would say, "I'd love to smash her back doors in." You are entirely correct, however, about the totally unfunny abomination of a human being that is Alan Carr. The living embodiment of my belief that acting like a fag will get you airtime, whether you have any talent or not.

• Like 1

I find it really hard to watch these kind of appeals. My mum's had cancer on and off for the last 15 years or so and it's a really tough subject to talk about and to watch Davina blubbing her eyes out just does nothing for me. I hope they earnt a shit load of money though. I give a pound a week out of my paycheck to Breakthrough Breast Cancer, it's amazing reading their newsletter how things are advancing, just hope that one day we can get rid of the bastard disease.

I didnt watch any because I was out, but I pledged £5 when i flicked over and saw the number. As others have said, I've known people get beaten by this disease and it pisses me off greatly that we still haven't gotten rid of what is essentially a rather simple aliment.

Â