Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Should have been sent off.

Frustration after having such a great game against QPR and not being able to repeat it on demand against Liverpool.

It happens. Needs a rest to think about how far he's come this year and come back stronger.

Knew you'd be here Woodytom. One bad game.

Well its not one bad game is it. He like the vast majority have had plenty of poor games.

Also - am I not allowed an opinion. Ive hardly come on here pointing out his pathetic back tracking for the equaliser (until now  :) ). I actually just said it was a standard (imo) performance from him. Hes been better in one or two and worse in one or two. From what I have seen he is largely anonymous as he was yesterday.

Keeps us ticking tho eh? As someone points out on the previous page (and I have pointed out before) - If he is keeping us ticking, he is keeping us ticking down the bottom end of the table. Hardly something to be applauded for. Again, something that those sharing the counter argument, seem unable to acknowledge.

He keeps us ticking in the sense that he ticks over the attacking play. He feeds the ball to the attacking players who feed it to the strikers who get the goals. We are scoring goals and Westwood helps with that. 

Our position in the table is due to our hideous defence!

You can't really use the "he keeps us ticking at the bottom of the table" argument because we're at the bottom of the table due to pretty much EVERY member of the team. 

He keeps us ticking in the sense that he ticks over the attacking play. He feeds the ball to the attacking players who feed it to the strikers who get the goals. We are scoring goals and Westwood helps with that. 

Our position in the table is due to our hideous defence!

You can't really use the "he keeps us ticking at the bottom of the table" argument because we're at the bottom of the table due to pretty much EVERY member of the team. 

In that case you cant use that he feeds the attacking players that feed the strikers......etc. Thats pretty much every member of the team. 

For the record - I dont think he does keep us ticking at the bottom of the table (thus making him responsible). My point is purely that we are at the bottom and have been awful all season so - NOBODY IS KEEPING US TICKING!!!!

I'm guessing these guys are part of the idiots who think Carrick is average? There seems to be a trend when I've talked to people about both players.

Michael Carricks not average. Overated no doubt. Very good in a very good side in the premiership (but fair dos hes not there for no reason). Pop him in an England shirt - low and behold (like the other overated English players), he's pretty anonymous.

Not just very good in a very good side, he's the first name on the team shirt for them.

If anything he's completely underrated.

And regards to this ; anonymous' nonsense, it's not his job to get noticed. If you don't 'get' Michael Carrick, I wouldn't expect you to 'get' Ashley Westwood.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Not just very good in a very good side, he's the first name on the team shirt for them.

And regards to this ; anonymous' nonsense, it's not his job to get noticed. If you don't 'get' Michael Carrick, I wouldn't expect you to 'get' Ashley Westwood.

I totally get Michael Carrick. Very good at Club level. Not so good at International. Ashley Westwood bares no resemblance of Michael Carrick as it stands from what I can see. Other than him saying he is his hero, I see no real reason to compare the two.

we are where we are, because we are not good enough as a team.

Whether some of these lower division players go on to do good things remains to be seen.

but right now, in the main, we ain't good enough.

Michael Carrick is a brilliant footballer, a rolls Royce of a player.

If westwood can develop into half the player he is we are onto a winner

No we are not. A player half as good as Michael carrick would win **** all

I totally get Michael Carrick. Very good at Club level. Not so good at International. Ashley Westwood bares no resemblance of Michael Carrick as it stands from what I can see. Other than him saying he is his hero, I see no real reason to compare the two.

And this statement here leads me to believe you know absolutely nothing about football.

• Like 1

And this statement here leads me to believe you know absolutely nothing about football.

Why?

Because I havent recognised that they play similar positions and have similar styles? I have. Its just barely worth mentioning as the gulf in class is absolutely embarrassing!!

There's nothing else to add. I can't debate with you because you can't make well-reasoned retorts, due to your complete lack of fundamental football knowledge. Brush up and we can resume this. That's a good lad eh

There's nothing else to add. I can't debate with you because you can't make well-reasoned retorts, due to your complete lack of fundamental football knowledge. Brush up and we can resume this. That's a good lad eh

A really immature and poor post that seems to have been inspired by just simply - a difference in opinion. Shame