Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

We should be ok, but if we lose on Saturday and the teams below us pick up results on Sunday, than the Arsenal - Wigan game could be a nervy 90 minutes.

Highly improbable that Norwich, Newcastle, Sunderland, Southampton - all win (indeed I think sunderland play saints) - Then Wigan beat Arsenal - theres just to many escape routes for us.

No team 5 points clear - with 3 games to go has ever been relegated - and now there's only two.

We should be ok, but if we lose on Saturday and the teams below us pick up results on Sunday, than the Arsenal - Wigan game could be a nervy 90 minutes.

Highly improbable that Norwich, Newcastle, Sunderland, Southampton - all win (indeed I think sunderland play saints) - Then Wigan beat Arsenal - theres just to many escape routes for us.

No team 5 points clear - with 3 games to go has ever been relegated - and now there's only two.

Before Wigan's defeat yesterday I was absolutely dreading this weekends fixtures, forecasting nothing but wins for Newcastle, Norwich & Southampton & inevitable defeat.for us versus Chelski.

Now the landscape has changed & I think Newcastle, Norwich & Sunderland would more than value a draw now & might even play for one with Wigan due to play at Arsenal. A single point could put them out of Wigan's reach, though that could prove dangerous for the bar codes!

Oh and like I said on Sunday, there's a lot point I was doing those predictor things. Last night and tonight have proven you can't predict results this season.

Jesus...

Are you genuinely trying to make out that they were shock results today and yesterday or something? Neither were remotely surprising

Clark has not played since the QPR game

I think he's been found out

Is he not injured?

Really? This thread was full of people predicting a wigan win due to Swansea having nothing to play for. Monday nights less surprising but again people were saying that pdc would motivate them.

Oh and like I said on Sunday, there's a lot point I was doing those predictor things. Last night and tonight have proven you can't predict results this season.

Jesus...

Are you genuinely trying to make out that they were shock results today and yesterday or something? Neither were remotely surprising

Is he not injured?

Really? This thread was full of people predicting a wigan win due to Swansea having nothing to play for. Monday nights less surprising but again people were saying that pdc would motivate them.

It wasn't full of them at all. There were a handful of them, I think most other people knew it'd be a massive ask for Wigan to even get 4 points from their last 3... They're down there for a reason

With Benitez off at the end if the season and nothing left to prove he'll rest every man and his dog ahead of the UEFA cup final.

Agree 100% he will want the uefa cup on his cv

With Benitez off at the end if the season and nothing left to prove he'll rest every man and his dog ahead of the UEFA cup final.

Dunno if that's a good thing - a lot of (very good) fringe players bustin a gut - for the chance to play in the europa cup final 

Dunno if that's a good thing - a lot of (very good) fringe players bustin a gut - for the chance to play in the europa cup final 

Perhaps, but I can't imagine our lot slacking off just yet. I'd rather play a lot of "very good" fringe players than this lot still fighting for something. 

I'm tempting fate I know, but give me Mata over Benayoun any day of the week. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Perhaps, but I can't imagine our lot slacking off just yet. I'd rather play a lot of "very good" fringe players than this lot still fighting for something. 

I'm tempting fate I know, but give me Mata over Benayoun any day of the week. 

Yeah fair point.

Chelsea winning here is very good news for us. It ensures them top 4.

Isn't top 3 their ultimate goal ie no CL qualifiers

Yeah, and they will finish top 3 but this confirms AT LEAST Top 4.

I guess the thing that worries me is that Ba will probably play against us. I'd much rather play against Torres. Plus Lampard will play, he's guaranteed a goal.

I'd rather Ba. Torres always scores against us. Tore us apart last season at Villa Park if I remember correctly.

Jesus...

Is he not injured?

It wasn't full of them at all. There were a handful of them, I think most other people knew it'd be a massive ask for Wigan to even get 4 points from their last 3... They're down there for a reason

I suggest you have a look through e thread again then as it was more than a handful. They were favourites with the bookies to win last night.

I imagine Moses will start on Saturday with Ba and Lampard , maybe Terry.

Hoping they rest cech hazard mata cole Ramires and Oscar Plus Ivanovich