Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I'm still not feeling comfortable til we're mathematically safe. This season has just been mad. Who knows what could happen.

That's exactly how I feel too. The possibility of those seven scenarios & requirements posted by P3te  sure scare the hell out of me.

Will be so, so relieved if this all resolves itself in our favou until then I shall continue to be a nervous wreck!

I think if Wigan draw against Swansea they are gone. They probably won't get much from the emirates, so then they would need to win on the last day which would only give them 39

100% agree with you.

yep my vote is still unsure just for the mentalness of this season coupled with the fact that chelsea might destroy us and we have to go to pie land needing to get a result of some sort.

all the yes votes still upthere on the poll are interesting though! the majority of you lot think we're going down for sure still?!?!?

So if Chelsea beat spurs on weds, are they guaranteed CL football?

So they could play reserves and or a low tempo game at B6 next weekend ?

If they beat spurs they'll be 6 points ahead of them with 6 points to play for, and a goal difference of at least 18 better - so for them to NOT finish top 4, they'd need, if we average it out, Spurs to win both their games by a total of 9 clear goals, and them to lose both their games by a total of 10 clear goals. However, 3rd place gets guaranteed CL football while 4th has to qualify, so the question is how much of a toss Rafa gives about them next season. The likelihood is none, and he'll be more concerned with adding another piece of silverware to that CV of his

• Like 1

so Villa lose to Chelsea and draw with Wigan

Wigan would need to beat both Swansea  (H) and Arsenal(A)

and

Sunderland would need a win and a draw from Stoke (H), Southampton(H) Spurs (A)

and

Newcastle would need a Win from QPR(A), Arsenal(H)

and

Southampton would need two draws, or one win from Sunderland(A) Stoke(H)

and

Norwich would need a win from WBA(H) Man CityA)

and

Both Stoke and Fulham would need a point

Yup. Stoke and Fulham are only relevant if we're looking up rather than down anyway, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Fulham lose both their remaining games tbh

If they beat spurs they'll be 6 points ahead of them with 6 points to play for, and a goal difference of at least 18 better - so for them to NOT finish top 4, they'd need, if we average it out, Spurs to win both their games by a total of 9 clear goals, and them to lose both their games by a total of 10 clear goals. However, 3rd place gets guaranteed CL football while 4th has to qualify, so the question is how much of a toss Rafa gives about them next season. The likelihood is none, and he'll be more concerned with adding another piece of silverware to that CV of his
They have everton home last game so that should be 3 points

Won't rafa be on a big bonus to secure auto CL football ?

He could be, it also might just have been a bonus for Champions League qualification, which 4th would trigger. As far as Rafa is concerned though, winning the Europa League will be worth more to him professionally than the couple of hundred grand extra he'd pocket for CL qualification, because it adds another trophy to his CV and makes him more attractive to other clubs. It would be quite a decent achievement in fairness, coming into a club that hates him, and still winning a European trophy and getting top 4

The only result that concerns me is Wigan v Swansea. They need to fail to beat Swansea and I will be a lot happier

If Wigan win, then it's all about the WBA v Norwich game. If Norwich lose that, they need to beat Man City at the Etihad to pass us

I suppose the other "insurance" bet if you're that way inclined is £50 on villa to go down at 30/1.

£3000 should pay for a couple of weeks in the sun to contemplate life in the championship

I'd happily lose £50 to see us stay up

I suppose the other "insurance" bet if you're that way inclined is £50 on villa to go down at 30/1.

£3000 should pay for a couple of weeks in the sun to contemplate life in the championship

I'd happily lose £50 to see us stay up

Bizzarely, I think you'd get far better odds on backing the actual scenarios needed for Villa to go down, as opposed to backing Villa to go down.

Rafa already has a top job lined up in Europe as head waiter at the Tapas Hotel on the Costa Del Sol. He starts on July 1st 2013 apparently. Hotel management have told him to tuck into a few more plates of paella till then because he needs to fatten up a bit more! :P