Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

How more of y'all aren't talking about Norwich is a real surprise to me. Their final three fixtures are against us, West Brom, and Man City. If we beat them next weekend, I think it's extremely realistic to wonder if they will get another point, especially after seeing West Brom pound Southampton yesterday afternoon while Norwich lost to a really poor Stoke side.

In my view, it's more likely that we will beat Norwich and draw with Sunderland than the other way around, and if we are in fact level (at least!) with them after next weekend, I'd back us to get more out of Chelsea and Wigan than they do out of West Brom and Man City.

If we survive, I think we will have done so by getting enough to finish above Norwich, as well.

Is it true Norwich never got a shot on target yesterday?

How more of y'all aren't talking about Norwich is a real surprise to me. Their final three fixtures are against us, West Brom, and Man City. If we beat them next weekend, I think it's extremely realistic to wonder if they will get another point, especially after seeing West Brom pound Southampton yesterday afternoon while Norwich lost to a really poor Stoke side.

In my view, it's more likely that we will beat Norwich and draw with Sunderland than the other way around, and if we are in fact level (at least!) with them after next weekend, I'd back us to get more out of Chelsea and Wigan than they do out of West Brom and Man City.

If we survive, I think we will have done so by getting enough to finish above Norwich, as well.

That's why I said I would support West Brom in the next two .. and also the last two weeks ago ..

But you couldn't rely in Man City .. I think their fans might want them to lose because of Mancini .. Especially if they were 2nd before that ..

Remember last year against the same Norwich ?! I actually somehow was supporting Norwich because it might let Lerner let Mcleash out .. And maybe back the team !

We were not going any higher .. and most probably no less the QPR because they had Man City at the time ..

Anything could be done !

If we could manage to go to the last week with :

Southampton , Norwich , Sunderland , Newcastle and Wigan all below us ! Would be great .. And there is a possibility for that tbh ..

But we really need to up our game tomorrow !

Is it true Norwich never got a shot on target yesterday?

I just checked in an Arabic site .. 

Well .. It says yes .. with 5 out of the target ..

Ive been mentioning Norwich for a while. I think if Wigan had of won yesterday then they were in serious serious trouble. 

Norwich are one of those bloody annoying teams who somehow conjure up a jammy & annoying result from nowhere. ie 1-0 H to Manure & Arsenal plus a jacksey last minute winner against Everton after being played offn the park.

That fat clearing in the woods Dowd also helped them secure a jammy point at Villa Park by sending off Bennett when we were comfortably heading for victory.

Norwich have been & are extremely jammy. 

I thought they were certs but they had that great run before xmas where they went undefeated. Been pretty atrocious since.

Had a 5ver at 25/1 other week, but its probably us or Wigan. I think if we win tomorrow Wigan are down.

Hard to fathom how Norwich have more points than us ?

Guess that's a measure of how dire we are / have been

They had a run of 10 games undefeated !

They were 25 points before December if I'm not mistaken !

I think their last win at that time was with Wigan .. Same week we win at the anfield .. I remember them well because I was there at the time ..

I'm not sure if they lost the one after that or not .. anyways 10 games without losing .. putting Arsenal and Man Utd and Spurs  if I'm not mistaken was huge !!

I thought they were certs but they had that great run before xmas where they went undefeated. Been pretty atrocious since.

Had a 5ver at 25/1 other week, but its probably us or Wigan. I think if we win tomorrow Wigan are down.

I'm not so sure. Wigan at least are playing well, Newcastle are awfull.

I don't wanna talk early .. And hopefully  we could win tomorrow .. But even if we did .. We will be 5 points above them .. So if we win all and they won all .. It would come to the last game .. well maybe if we both won all .. the two of us would be safe ! 

The thing is it's still tight even if we win .. But atleast 4 team would be dragged back straight away !

I don't wanna talk early .. And hopefully  we could win tomorrow .. But even if we did .. We will be 5 points above them .. So if we win all and they won all .. It would come to the last game .. well maybe if we both won all .. the two of us would be safe ! 

The thing is it's still tight even if we win .. But atleast 4 team would be dragged back straight away !

Yeah fair point. Keep forgetting we have to play them on last day. How, I have no idea tbh.

I'm not so sure. Wigan at least are playing well, Newcastle are awfull.

Newcastle need 3 points .. I'm afraid they could get it from West Ham or QPR .. But let's hope they don't .. Anyways we need to do our job then worry from Newcastle !

I'm afraid that we said about Stoke and Sunderland .. And they're winning 2 in bounce from nowhere !

The game tomorrow is incredibly exciting, because it will sort of do all good or bad to our confidence going into the last few games. Win and we are 5 points clear of Wigan and equal to Newcastle and Sunderland. Pretty close to Norwich as well, making us one of many teams with a chance of going down and thus a smaller % of such a thing happening. Lose and Sunderland are gone, they have two winnable games coming up against Stoke and Southampton at home - and they will pick up points there for sure. A draw tomorrow is OK, but then we need to win away to Norwich no doubt about it. Saying that, I would take 4 points from these two matches and that is also the bare minimum.

Wigan have a tough game at WBA away then Swansea at home three days later. Then they have two probable losses to Man City and Arsenal away before they meet us, these games are the key. If Wigan take 1 point from the next two games it will be incredibly hard for them to stay up unless they do something remarkable against City/Arsenal which I doubt, and hope they don't. I would be scared if Wigan had Sunderland's program though, all I want is for us to have 4 points on Wigan before the last game of the season and such a thing is possible.

**** me the game tomorrow is going to be crucial... If we win, going into Norwich without the added pressure of "having to win" is so important.

Why are they saying both Reading and QPR will be relegated if they draw today? They won't be at all... It's highly likely they will be, but not mathematically!

They will be.

They cannot survive with a draw. It is mathematically impossible.

You're making the mistake of only counting their own results.

Lets assume both us and Wigan lose every game until the last game of the season, whilst QPR and Reading win theirs after drawing today, the table would look like this:

Villa 34

Wigan 32

QPR 31

Reading 31

So last game of the season, they both win and they're on 34... but they're down anyway. Because we're playing Wigan!

No matter what they are both down with a draw today, because either we draw at wigan:

Villa 35

QPR 34

Reading 34

Wigan 33

We win:

Villa 37

QPR 34

Reading 34

Wigan 32

Wigan Win:

Wigan 35

Villa 34