Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Just noticed that, with the exception of Wigan v Norwich and Swansea v Spurs, all games this weekend are bottom 10 v top 10. A tough weekend for all clubs in the relegation-threatened zone and a bit of a bummer that Wigan have a comparatively easy game. Norwich are useless away from home as well - 10 points from 15 games and only 12 goals. Best hope is for a draw.

How long would your orgasm last if we went down with them?

We need to be concentrating on our own prospects of survival in this thread,. Silly stuff about rejoicing over other clubs going down is properly done in the "other football" threads (although actually I think celebrating the relegation of any club - with the obvious exception of SHA - is in poor taste).

Slightly contradictory Mr Briny?

I don't for a second agree with your notion that the relegation thread shouldn't include teams around us that could be relegated instead of us... a nutty theory IMO.

Chelsae seem to be on  mission this year to give points up to all the other teams in the dog fight at the bottom except us

Currently doing a fine job of losing to Southampton, I guess Sunderland will be next recipients in their generous 'points donation system to struggling clubs other than Villa' Scheme

Edited by mockingbird_franklin

Sorry but for me the age old excuse that "things all balance out in the end" is hogwash & nothing more than a lame excuse of a line spewed out constantly in an attempt to blurr the whole issue of dodgy officials... Afterall it is obvious that to gather enough data to either prove or disprove this would be almost impossible so it is just a throwaway comment which diverts attention away from the problem.... In my opinion

Given a large enough sample, it does even out.

A football season isn't a large enough sample.

I think i'd have a screaming orgasm if we condemned Sunderland to relegation leaving Martin O'Neill career in ruins in the process

For me it will be even better than getting one over on Redknapp

We need to be concentrating on our own prospects of survival in this thread,. Silly stuff about rejoicing over other clubs going down is properly done in the "other football" threads (although actually I think celebrating the relegation of any club - with the obvious exception of SHA - is in poor taste).

so we should be neutral and not celebrate on last day of season if we stay up by a point as other clubs going down ahead of us is poor taste. 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Serious?

Sorry but for me the age old excuse that "things all balance out in the end" is hogwash & nothing more than a lame excuse of a line spewed out constantly in an attempt to blurr the whole issue of dodgy officials... Afterall it is obvious that to gather enough data to either prove or disprove this would be almost impossible so it is just a throwaway comment which diverts attention away from the problem.... In my opinion

Given a large enough sample, it does even out.

A football season isn't a large enough sample.

If matches were refereed by robots then it would even out over tens of years but we aren't. The fact is that if we play Man Utd 1000 times at Old Trafford they will get copious amounts of decisions going for them and no where near as many for us. This is because referees are human and your statistical view of this needs to include this very significant factor.

I think i'd have a screaming orgasm if we condemned Sunderland to relegation leaving Martin O'Neill career in ruins in the process

For me it will be even better than getting one over on Redknapp

so we should be neutral and not celebrate on last day of season if we stay up by a point as other clubs going down ahead of us is poor taste. 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Serious?

Briny must work in HR.