Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 (PES)

VillaGoMarching

Yeah, i played as Villa and they had the real players in the squad. Though, Villa are still called West Midland Village

Due to EA buying most of the licences up on long term contracts, konamis hands are tied. Not much they can do about it except - and they have done this forever - put a certain tool in the game that can let you either change the names, kits, faces, etc yourself or let someone else do a far more professional job of it and download their option file to your console/PC saving you hours of effort and bringing the game bang up to date.

Except for when they didn't!

Yeah, i played as Villa and they had the real players in the squad. Though, Villa are still called West Midland Village

Due to EA buying most of the licences up on long term contracts, konamis hands are tied. Not much they can do about it except - and they have done this forever - put a certain tool in the game that can let you either change the names, kits, faces, etc yourself or let someone else do a far more professional job of it and download their option file to your console/PC saving you hours of effort and bringing the game bang up to date.

Except for when they didn't!

They didn't when it was ISS on the psx and I'm not too sure about the 360 version of pes6 but other than those you have always had the edit mode.

Yeah PES 6. And I think the one after that as well to be honest but can't be sure.

ANyway, that was one of many thigns that pissed me off about PES 6

Pes 6, good lord what an utter turd of a game. PS2 version was supposedly brilliant. That and pes 08 were enough to make me switch to fifa for 3 years, tried pes 2011, seemed to be getting somewhere. Had fifa12 last year but got bored after few weeks.

I wish they would do a next gen This is Football!

ive never been interested in fifa, despite their superiority over accuracy, always thought it was made for kids

however, im not a big gamer, and although i own a PS3, i only play just 1 game, yip, pro evo

and even that is on an easy setting so my scorelines are always high

what i do like though is that you can pick a no name player and edit them to create a player that hasnt been put in

___________Guzan___________

_Hutton - Vlaar - Huth - Poulsen_

Holman - KEA - Ireland - Ben Arfa

_______Huntelaar - Bent_______

i win everything with that (as you will notice, no kids) :-)

IMO konami became annoyingly lazy, the lack of transfers, the way that the kits for the fake teams dont look anything like they should anymore, the fact that they have never even tried to improve the shite commentary

got away with the player and team names for years because the gameplay was great, now they cant, the 20+ hours in edit mode annoys the **** out of me

Two words: Option file

You can download them on various PES forums or get them on ebay for about £2.

Been on Pro Evo since ISS days, cant say if its better than FIFA or not as i never gave Fifa a real chance.

Never really played much of PES2012, but got PES2013 on Friday and it is a great game. As with the last 3 editions i put the game speed up to +2 as it makes for a faster fluid game IMO.

Kits, players, badges etc can all be easily changed with a Option File which is easy to install so no problems on that front.

One thing i might start is playing online, only issue is you cannot change the game speed online.

I played the demo and while I was impressed for a little while the same little niggles that haven't been sorted out in over 8 years in some cases just started to piss me off too much. After all the positivity around the actual release I was thinking of giving it another go but after hearing about all this boot bullshit in the master league (what I primarily used to play) I have decided to pass. Will give Fifa a try later but I'm not expecting much from that either, this gen of consoles has been the absolute drizzling shits for football games no matter what the gaming review sites try and claim.

I played the demo and while I was impressed for a little while the same little niggles that haven't been sorted out in over 8 years in some cases just started to piss me off too much. After all the positivity around the actual release I was thinking of giving it another go but after hearing about all this boot bullshit in the master league (what I primarily used to play) I have decided to pass. Will give Fifa a try later but I'm not expecting much from that either, this gen of consoles has been the absolute drizzling shits for football games no matter what the gaming review sites try and claim.

Whats the boot bullshit?

I completely agree with you about this gens football games, i think Fifa only got good around fifa11. uptil then both were dire.

im having a little difficulty understanding this game at the moment, i got it on saturday, spent hours setting it up to my liking, on then to realise that im not playing the game, the computer is controlling the players on the pitch

the 'secretary' also tells you what to do, youd think we would know how to by now

im also disapointed that benteke isnt on the game

i agree about the dated comentry and lazy kit designing, still love the game though

• 2 months later...

with the lack of response, this game seems less popular this year with fifa seeming the better option

but is there anyone else on here playing it?

i have a few issues with it

how do i change my corner taker, who at the moment seems to be my leading goal scorer (bent) and captain (guzan when it needs to be vlaar)

also, there isnt enough registered 'real life' players and teams, it should have the championship/players on instead of so many made up players and teams which arent very good

also, there isnt enough registered 'real life' players and teams, it should have the championship/players on instead of so many made up players and teams which arent very good

Are you new to PES? EA owns exclusive licenses to practically everything for all eternity, so it's not possible for Konami to include the Championship and such. That's what the Edit mode and these things called "Option Files" are for. Check pesgaming.com, you'll find several with various leagues fully created you can add to your game by dl'ing and loading the file.

As far as your corner taker, there should be a "Set Play Settings" sub-menu on your tactics screen, where you can set L/R takers.

Â