Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 (PES)

VillaGoMarching

Has anyone played the demo yet? Been available on 360 for a week or two now (not sure about PS3).

Got to say, it's really promising, i grew tired and frustrated with FIFA this year, so have been pleasantly surprised by the feel of the new Pro Evo.

They've tightened up the player control alot from what i remember in previous years, and added a simpler manual pass system, works really well for lay offs and through balls.

Current pre-orders are a little hefty for this game at the moment (35), but i'm sure that'll drop closer to the release date.

Never left Pro I always remained loyal.

They got worse recently when they tried to copy Fifa's realism. They should have stuck to their guns and just made it fun.

Ropey graphics and menus were forgiven in Pro 5 and 6 because the gameplay was **** unreal. In Fifa, I couldn't get used to it taking a week to make a sub while the game loads the players face, I don't give a toss about superficial stuff like that. Pro was unpredictable and unfair, but fun. I've watched all my mates play Fifa and a lot of goals look the same to me, with that silly dink after playing a 1-2.

Pro should remain a fun arcade game. Fifa can keep it's football simulation title.

i played it, wasnt impressed

still seems really hard to score, the only thing it has on fifa is the crossing and i think with the defending issues and i agree the fact that most of the goals are the same fifa isnt as good as it was 2/3 years ago either

They got worse recently when they tried to copy Fifa's realism. They should have stuck to their guns and just made it fun.

Ropey graphics and menus were forgiven in Pro 5 and 6 because the gameplay was **** unreal. In Fifa, I couldn't get used to it taking a week to make a sub while the game loads the players face, I don't give a toss about superficial stuff like that. Pro was unpredictable and unfair, but fun. I've watched all my mates play Fifa and a lot of goals look the same to me, with that silly dink after playing a 1-2.

Pro should remain a fun arcade game. Fifa can keep it's football simulation title.

The thing is, when Pro was at it's prime (Pro 3 to 5, imo) it was the other way round. Pro was more realistic whereas FIFA relied on fancy graphics but an ultimately unrealistic game.

Pro is a million miles behind at the moment. I'll play the demo of this one but unless it's improved a HELL of a lot since last year, it's going to probably be even further behind.

The thing is, when Pro was at it's prime (Pro 3 to 5, imo) it was the other way round. Pro was more realistic whereas FIFA relied on fancy graphics but an ultimately unrealistic game.

Pro is a million miles behind at the moment. I'll play the demo of this one but unless it's improved a HELL of a lot since last year, it's going to probably be even further behind.

Isn't it the case that EA, bought up the makers of those Pro Evo games? and gave them free reign to make FIFA the best football game. While PES had to get a new team to work on the follow ups to PES 5.

I have no idea but it would make sense, as Pro Evo 6 was the point where it became pretty shit. It didn't make the jump to this generation at all.

Pro Evo 6 on the PS2 was still a decent game. But I had the Xbox 360 version and it was shite

I have no idea but it would make sense, as Pro Evo 6 was the point where it became pretty shit. It didn't make the jump to this generation at all.

Pro Evo 6 on the PS2 was still a decent game. But I had the Xbox 360 version and it was shite

dont think i've ever been as disappointed with a game as that one, players seemed to have sledge hammers for feet.

Plus they'd removed a huge amount of the features for the 360 release, like the editing modes which was great fun back then as we always used to creae our university football team and stuff on it.

The 360 version was just featureless

IMO konami became annoyingly lazy, the lack of transfers, the way that the kits for the fake teams dont look anything like they should anymore, the fact that they have never even tried to improve the shite commentary

got away with the player and team names for years because the gameplay was great, now they cant, the 20+ hours in edit mode annoys the **** out of me

• 1 month later...

Been getting some great reviews this year, Tom Brammall at Eurogamer (who is a massive fifa fanboy) gave it 9/10.

First time in donkeys years that I am actually looking forward to a pes game coming out. Will definitely pick it up on friday.

they have never even tried to improve the shite commentary

I'd forgotten about the commentary.

Another reason why PES 6 was crap, Lawro was a commentator on it! (Still is for all I know?)

And not only is it lawro, but he is awful, AWFUL at "acting", if that's what you can call it. None of it sounds remotely genuine

Just had a quick go on this game. As a Fifa man I was expecting not to like it, and my expectations were correct.

Feels slow, sluggish, really heavy.... not very fun!

Whereas I'm not devoted to either game and have no idea how you can say it is slow? The pace of pes seems perfect this year and i like the sense of weight of the ball and players, makes it feel tactile and like your shifting players around rather than the soulless ghosts of fifa.

Ive just been playing the Fifa demo for a few hours and while it has its plus points it just feels so vacuous. Its all so light and airy, dribbling with the ball is too loose, shooting feels empty also. There's just no weight, conviction or feeling behind a lot of what you do in the attacking sense of Fifa. Saying that the defending aspect is sublime, truly spot on, the jockeying, timing your tackling, stealing the ball, it all feels just right. Oh and as always the presentation is superb, the lighting is exceptionally well done this year.

For the first time this gen we have two equal football games. Different games completely with their own varying pros and cons. May get both this year.

Yeah, i played as Villa and they had the real players in the squad. Though, Villa are still called West Midland Village

Due to EA buying most of the licences up on long term contracts, konamis hands are tied. Not much they can do about it except - and they have done this forever - put a certain tool in the game that can let you either change the names, kits, faces, etc yourself or let someone else do a far more professional job of it and download their option file to your console/PC saving you hours of effort and bringing the game bang up to date.

Just had a quick go on this game. As a Fifa man I was expecting not to like it, and my expectations were correct.

Feels slow, sluggish, really heavy.... not very fun!

Whereas I'm not devoted to either game and have no idea how you can say it is slow? The pace of pes seems perfect this year and i like the sense of weight of the ball and players, makes it feel tactile and like your shifting players around rather than the soulless ghosts of fifa.

Ive just been playing the Fifa demo for a few hours and while it has its plus points it just feels so vacuous. Its all so light and airy, dribbling with the ball is too loose, shooting feels empty also. There's just no weight, conviction or feeling behind a lot of what you do in the attacking sense of Fifa. Saying that the defending aspect is sublime, truly spot on, the jockeying, timing your tackling, stealing the ball, it all feels just right. Oh and as always the presentation is superb, the lighting is exceptionally well done this year.

For the first time this gen we have two equal football games. Different games completely with their own varying pros and cons. May get both this year.

As I said I'm a Fifa man so my opinion is going to be very biased! :thumb:

Â