Comic Books

PaulMcGrath_5

Boxed off Avengers Disassembled and Secret War. Blasted through the Moon Knight recommendation too. I was going to jump straight into House of M and work my way through the events but I felt I was missing out too much. 

Found a pretty exhaustive reading order here, I'm assuming there was a reset or reboot in '98 as that's when the list starts. Couldn't find that version of Moon Knight on unlimited sadly so having to skip those ones. Enjoying it but,  itching to start even earlier. I can see myself hitting Uncanny X-Men and Avengers from '63 as a minimum.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, V01 said:

Boxed off Avengers Disassembled and Secret War. Blasted through the Moon Knight recommendation too. I was going to jump straight into House of M and work my way through the events but I felt I was missing out too much. 

Found a pretty exhaustive reading order here, I'm assuming there was a reset or reboot in '98 as that's when the list starts. Couldn't find that version of Moon Knight on unlimited sadly so having to skip those ones. Enjoying it but,  itching to start even earlier. I can see myself hitting Uncanny X-Men and Avengers from '63 as a minimum.

What did you make of Moon Knight?

I would say that the further you go back with comics the more the tone changes. The 60s stuff is obviously classic but it's markedly different to today's stuff, with the dumb side of things much more prevalent (Thanos getting arrested, etc). But that is also where so much of the iconic stuff comes from so it's a trade off.

6 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I've just treated myself to a little early Xmas present.

The first 7 issues of the current 'Doomsday Clock' series from DC.

This cover for issue 7 is amazing 😍

635D301F-1C90-4404-9FED-77BC2A488926-14728-00000FD44971D9D8.jpg

For **** sake, I've avoided DC's Rebirth/Doomsday stuff, but I'm such a sucker for Rorschach I might have to look into this...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chindie said:

For **** sake, I've avoided DC's Rebirth/Doomsday stuff, but I'm such a sucker for Rorschach I might have to look into this...

I'm totally out of the comic loop these days. I pick up the odd graphic novel here and there, but that's about it.

I do love me some Watchmen though and am probably one of the only people who wasn't disappointed with the 'before Watchmen' series a few years back. 

I saw this series a couple of months ago and went to nostalgia in Brum to try and pick them up, but they didn't have any. Online had sold out too, but the 3rd/4th prints are now in stock.

£43 for 7 issues delivered from Mega City Comics. I didn't think that was too bad. 

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

What did you make of Moon Knight?

I would say that the further you go back with comics the more the tone changes. The 60s stuff is obviously classic but it's markedly different to today's stuff, with the dumb side of things much more prevalent (Thanos getting arrested, etc). But that is also where so much of the iconic stuff comes from so it's a trade off.

Enjoyed it, will read more but not for a while. Big to read list just from the link I posted, and that's just as a presursor to disassembled onwards. 

Picked up a bunch of stuff lately. 

Got the first dozen or so volumes of Ultimate Spider-Man, it's something I've been meaning to read through for years. 

Also been trying to pick up the crossovers/events that I've missed over the past decade or so. Currently on Fear Itself, which is okay but not all that well executed. 

• 8 months later...

Some good comics around at the moment.

DC Black Label have a couple of cracking Batman Mini-Series on the go. 

Last Knight On Earth and A follow up to the brilliant White Knight - ‘The Curse Of The White Knight’ 

Marvel are running a number of Star Wars ‘Age Of Resistance’ one-shots on various characters, all of which are pretty decent. 

New Moon Knight annual to check out this week too. 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Help required, need to track down an old Hulk comic from the 70's - he is held in chains and seems powerless against the people holding him and even the kids beat up on him. Think it was some kind of alternative reality Dr Strange exiled him to but may be wrong.

Any help much appreciated 

42 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Help required, need to track down an old Hulk comic from the 70's - he is held in chains and seems powerless against the people holding him and even the kids beat up on him. Think it was some kind of alternative reality Dr Strange exiled him to but may be wrong.

Any help much appreciated 

Had a look, found this? Hulk, Dr Strange and Sub-Mariner?

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?SeriesID=17036191

Exhausted after his battle with the Absorbing Man, Bruce Banner is taken to a mysterious mansion where he becomes the target of an evil cult who desires to bring the Undying Ones to earth; Banner is sent to another dimension where he turns into the Hulk and faces the Night-Crawler; Destroying the Night-Crawler's realm, Hulk and his foe are teleported to the realm of the Undying Ones where Night-Crawler fights his ancient foes while Hulk rescues a trapped Dr. Strange and the two return to earth.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Can anyone remember the name of the chocolate bars that they used to advertise in Marvel comics, always did a full comic page with the hero eating one in the end after defeating a bad guy. Spidey springs to mind but others as well 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
Â