General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General just to let you know that above all the articlels on Acorns on the official site the 32Red logo is still there. Have we severed all connections with them?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the very least I would like to be able to waiver my 10% season ticket discount when I get my shirts and I'm sure if this was an option most would do the same. Well done to all at my mighty club

General is there thought to incorporate the Acorns into other commercial areas?

Example of a pin badge with Villa Badge and Acorns on it... I would be proud to wear that in my normal job, the sort of thing you can get by with in a suit in situations that are more formal..... I do have Villa ties but they are a bit obvious :).

Great news about Acorns being our new sponser just shows what randy and yourself are really doing behind the scenes at villa :notworthy: and whatever the outcome of the barry saga we know deep down that you will have done your best to get him to stay ,so if he decides to leave so be it, no one person is bigger than Aston Villa Football Club so keep up the good work my friend its much appreciated! :flag:

I just want to echo what everyone else is saying, what a brilliant gesture and it just shows the difference between Aston Villa and other clubs, we are a club with pure class run by men with pure class. Maximum respect.

General, what's the catch??

Why are you guys being so nice?! It's weird. Stop it, you're freaking us out!

Restoring the pub, redecorating the stadium, moving away fans, £200 season tickets, discounts for countless people, you posting on here (something which must surely feel like a chore by now), you personally going out of your way to help people with sometimes trivial problems, free coaches to Chelsea, a great manager, a good young team, half time drinks no longer take 20 minutes to arrive, organising the 25th anniversary, getting Ron Saunders back and now giving shirt space to a local hospice. The list is seemingly endless. Not far off two years at the club and no board member has put a foot wrong.

It can't be true can it? Come on, you might as well own up to the evil plot behind all this? PM me if you want to keep it a secret, I promise I won't tell anyone. :)

PS: Thanks

General, would just like to say congrats and a big thank you for giving up sponsor money for the sake of ACORNS. Will definitely buy the shirt now.

Will also make sure that all my football supporting friends in Norway know what ACORNS is and does for children in England and what it is Aston Villa REALLY have done with this. (As most Norwegians won't know what ACORNS does and will probably not ponder too much about Villa's latest "shirt sponsor".)

My wife already knows and loves what you guys have done today!

General my daughter is a memeber of little villains and every since the new site that page on the OS has said

'coming soon'

but nothing, baring in mind the link with Acorns any plans to develop this section of a site into an interactive area for kids

General,

Just want to say how great it is to see what the club are doing regards the sponsor being acorns next season. Shows real class and I hope you and Randy continue what you are doing for this great club.

Gen

Very surprised no body else has asked yet so I will.

Don't suppose anyone working for Acorns can play right back can they !!! :D

Seriously, echo everything has said - if this kind of thing doesn't show Barry what is REALLY important in life, and what he is giving up - then so be it.

Well done !!

Gen

Very surprised no body else has asked yet so I will.

Don't suppose anyone working for Acorns can play right back can they !!! :D

Seriously, echo everything has said - if this kind of thing doesn't show Barry what is REALLY important in life, and what he is giving up - then so be it.

Well done !!

They haven't asked because its a bloody stupid thing to say in the thread.

Hopefully General this will make a real difference to all those that use the facilities available at Acorns. Well done to our board on a bold move.

General Krulak here:

1. We have been getting some nice "help" as a result of the acorns announcement...help for acorns. This is going to be really good for the children...truly. Believe it or not, there are many people who do not know the charity but will so know all about it. Our lads will go to the Intertoto with acorns emblazoned on their chests...and then on to the Premiership.

2. Gizmo: You found us out!!! I confess...it is all a communist plot...led by a midget Marine.

3. denis_b: A VERY good idea.

4. paulanddonya: There is a very good chance that my wife will be coming to the UK to play for Villa as a right back.

General ,

Can i just say i dont give a monkeys chuff about a certain player staying or going , what will be will be .

I do care about the lives of very ill children and there families being greatly improved through the wonderfull and priceless exposure this will give them .

Thanks General, I know a family that have TWO children reliant on the support from Acorns so anything we do will be gratefully recieved...only too pleased to offer useful suggestions!

The only difficulty I see is how we can not support them next season :(

Gen,

here are some comments from a couple of out of the way footie websites I frequent, non of these folks are Villa fans.

'Fair play. '

'indeed'

'Randy Lerner seems v cool '

'what's new? newcastle have used their shirt to sponser a charity for years now '

'well done villa.'

'i'd watch them, they're up to something'

'Good work Villa. Glad to see another team doing the right thing. '

and from another site:

'Aston Villa announce they are to have on the front of their shirts a local childrens hospital, at no charge.

I mean, much as I'd like to scoff at the blandness of the choice and so on, it really is a good, worthwhile gesture. And having a local charity rather than Barca's self-glamourising UNICEF shirts is a sensible decision.'

'Why would anyone "scoff" at the "blandness of a children's hospital? I hope Aston Villa go on to win the league with that sponsorship.'

'Randy Lerner again demonstrates that he is the classiest owner in the Premier League.

Bravo.'

For my own part I am very proud that the club decided to do this.