General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. I do not believe there will be a waiting list for Season Tickets for the 2009-10 season. Obviously I cannot promise that...and it would be great if there were such a waiting list.

2. I am not in the UK now...came home on a Sunday.

3. Villatony: I am not sure why the cost of an infant kit is at the level it is. I purchased one for my grandchild and it was "interesting". My sense is that we are no higher priced than other Clubs...but we can check on that.

4. In house Captain as the only person to talk to Ref. Sounds like something that would be helpful for the entire league. Unfortunately, things happen very quickly on the Pitch and the Captain may be in the back and the issue takes place up front...makes things a bit difficult.

5. Sold about 35,000+ for Bolton...should have 39,000+ at game.

6. New sponsor: It turns out that there are contractual restrictions as to when we can announce sponsor...so it will be awhile yet. Kit will be out as soon as we can get it out. We certainly want to get it out before we did last year. ST should be announced soon. Again, the prices for all seats on being discussed at the present time.

7. Both my wife and I like "Classic" Country and Western and yes, we know how to line dance.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi general. Just checked out your Wiki page, I never realised you were such an important, and decorated individual to the Marine Corp. I dont know what I assumed of your army career, just didnt think of it. Was just wondering on a personal note, how are you finding your duties with Villa compared to those of the Marine Corp? Obviously the decision making isnt quite as important, but still seems to be a very important and hectic job especially when you could be enjoying Pina Coladas on some remote caribbean island. Kudos!

Hello General,

Went to the reserves match last night. By a nice coincidence, I was in Birmingham on business, so I was delighted to be able to take in a match with our young stars. Being exiled 250 miles north of Villa Park, I don't get down as often as I should.

After the game, I thought it would be a good opportunity to sample the delights of the Holte pub. Not being a season ticket holder, I've never been inside, so no better opportunity eh? Made a beeline straight to the pub after the game, only to be turned away. They had just finished cashing up and were closed, I was told. Seems a crazy decision to have the pub open all the way up to the end of the game and, at 9pm, to close the doors. There was (at the very least) 50 people walking towards the Holte for a celebratory drink, all of us turned away.

Just a little disappointed that, given that its unlikely I will ever be invited to the Holte on a match day, there was no opportunity to have a drink there after the match last night. Surely, after a very well attended reserves match at Villa Park, its short sighted in the extreme to close the doors and turn people away. It was only 9pm. 50 people turned away, all would have spent a few quid each, and the overheads for the day would most likely have been covered.

Hello General,

Went to the reserves match last night. By a nice coincidence, I was in Birmingham on business, so I was delighted to be able to take in a match with our young stars. Being exiled 250 miles north of Villa Park, I don't get down as often as I should.

After the game, I thought it would be a good opportunity to sample the delights of the Holte pub. Not being a season ticket holder, I've never been inside, so no better opportunity eh? Made a beeline straight to the pub after the game, only to be turned away. They had just finished cashing up and were closed, I was told. Seems a crazy decision to have the pub open all the way up to the end of the game and, at 9pm, to close the doors. There was (at the very least) 50 people walking towards the Holte for a celebratory drink, all of us turned away.

Just a little disappointed that, given that its unlikely I will ever be invited to the Holte on a match day, there was no opportunity to have a drink there after the match last night. Surely, after a very well attended reserves match at Villa Park, its short sighted in the extreme to close the doors and turn people away. It was only 9pm. 50 people turned away, all would have spent a few quid each, and the overheads for the day would most likely have been covered.

General,

Just to add to this, I was in the Holte prior to kick off and the young man behind the bar told a caller on the phone that they'd be open until eleven so I'm surprised by this and would love to know what changed.

General,

I have a question regarding the boards aim for the club. You mention that Randy Will support MON in the summer but to what degree? You acknowledge that we were beaten again by Man utd and that we need to get their strength and depth of squad but they had about 6 players on the pitch on Saturday that cost more than £12m and 3 costing more than £20m. Coupled with the fact that they pay wages in excess of £100k per week and this adds up to astronomical amounts of money.

Can you tell me if the 'support' Randy will provide is aimed at moving us towards a squad that CAN compete on an equal playing field with Man Utd?

General Krulak here:

3. Villatony: I am not sure why the cost of an infant kit is at the level it is. I purchased one for my grandchild and it was "interesting". My sense is that we are no higher priced than other Clubs...but we can check on that.

Thanks for the reply General.

Is it not something the club could set the standard for by being the cheapest anywhere. Good PR and would surely see claret and blue kids everywhere which would promote growth in future fanbase.

General Krulak here:

1. Yes, we will see the Youth Team and the Cup.

2. I loved being a Marine AND I love being a Villan!! Both give a great sense of satisfaction even when things are not totally going right.

3. I am not sure why the Holte closed so quickly....I will ask Alison to answer that one for me. She reads this thread daily as does Nicky Keye...and if they miss a day, one will contact the other.

4. YES, we want to compete with the likes of ManU. Obviously, that doesn't take place during one transfer window.

5. Paulthevillan: Huh????? What are you asking lad??

General Krulak here:

2. I loved being a Marine AND I love being a Villan!! Both give a great sense of satisfaction even when things are not totally going right.

3. I am not sure why the Holte closed so quickly....I will ask Alison to answer that one for me. She reads this thread daily as does Nicky Keye...and if they miss a day, one will contact the other.

4. YES, we want to compete with the likes of ManU. Obviously, that doesn't take place during one transfer window.

General,

Thank you for responding to the question. I agree it would not take place in one window (Man Utd didn't but Rooney et al in one go) but it is very pleasing to hear you confirm that the board want to compete with them.

Hi general,

Just noticed the price for the west ham tickets on the last day of the season.

£43 for an adult!

£21.50 for U16's!

This is a rip off, football is supposed to be a working class game

Just wondered whether you could get in contact with the people at west ham and complain or get the prices lowered?

Thank you sir

Just wondered whether you could get in contact with the people at west ham and complain or get the prices lowered?

I'm not sure if the General wants to wrestle porcine creatures from Iceland...

General Krulak here:

General

I was asking that surely you take lots of flights from the US to the UK, so surely you have a large carbon footprint which is bad for the environment.

Do you have any plans to move to the UK?

General Krulak herre:

1. I wrestled in the NCAA's.

2. Please do not ask me to get into a discussion about another Club's ticket pricing....seems like the last time I did that, I made news for weeks. I think you are just trying to wind me up.

3. Yes, I am looking for a small flat in the B'ham area.

evening General

any idea if there will be some sort of open day at VP or Bodymoor this summer for the kids to run amok ?

i've promised to take my 6 year old nephew down to get some autographs - and if i don't deliver on it i'll be bacon :-)

2. Please do not ask me to get into a discussion about another Club's ticket pricing....seems like the last time I did that, I made news for weeks. I think you are just trying to wind me up.

Not trying to wind you up at all, sorry if it seemed like that, just think the prices are a rip off, never mind