General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

My first post here. I wanted to kick off by saying well done and thank you to Randy, you and the rest of the folks at VP who have effected such a big change over the last couple of years. For me one of the most positive aspects of the new regime is the way you have reached out to communicate with us, the fans, long may it continue.

I have 2 questions: Are there plans in place to strengthen the squad over the summer, there is no argument about the need to do so, merely the correct circumstances?

and 2) Are we any nearer to having a new CEO appointed, it would be a shame if the forward momentum slowed because of the lack of someone at the helm day to day.

cheers, oh and happy birthday!

General Krulak here:

1. An update on future games in now posted on the official web site.

Sorry General, could you just clarify this, I thought it had to do with ticket sales, but I can't see anything on the official website. I may just be looking in the wrong place!

General,

Further to the above.

It'd be great if the ticket office could give a daily update at the close of trading each day of how many tickets have been sold for each game, on the ticket information page?

Would be very interesting and informative!

Thanks

James

General, there is a separate thread quoting an article from a respected newspaper that tells us RAL took out a £34m loan to part purchase the club. Is there any reason for this? Why did Randy need to borrow that sort of money? Does it impact on the value of the club or his personal commitment?

As you will realise most of us on here are not accountant/bean counters so there may be some sensible reason that passes us by.

General Happy birthday btw

I was watching the Villa Arsenal game in a bar with me being the ONLY Villa fan and people booed me when we scored and I was cheering lol, we had a discussion afterwards about 30 of us about why we supported Arsenal or Villa and when I mentioned the good work Randy has done, the access to yourself via the internet they were flabbergasted at how fan friendly Villa are and a fair few said Villa would be their second team :-P S i just wanted to say thanks for making Villa such an amazing club to follow and making it so easy to market to people looking for a team to support

I started coaching my own womens football team; I just started coaching on sunday and they are beginners, but i have them doing brazilian dribbling tricks and kicking with both feet and controlling with both feet already :-P. im gonna take them to a Villa match for their first Footy game for any girls who wanna join its in hyde park fortnightly - http://ed.facebook.com/event.php?eid=7463851486

General, there is a separate thread quoting an article from a respected newspaper that tells us RAL took out a £34m loan to part purchase the club. Is there any reason for this? Why did Randy need to borrow that sort of money? Does it impact on the value of the club or his personal commitment?

As you will realise most of us on here are not accountant/bean counters so there may be some sensible reason that passes us by.

Denis, not to answer for Gen. K, but the offer to shareholders and various bit's n bobs we were sent at the time did make it clear that some of the money would be a loan (from the Lerner Trust). Without doing a big rummage through, some of it is available on the net I have paer copies at home, and remember reading it at the time of the offer.

9. Financing of the Offer

The cash consideration payable under the Offer will be funded from the existing

cash resources of Randolph Lerner and the Lerner Trust (a family trust of which

Mr Lerner is a beneficiary), who have committed to provide the requisite funds

to RAL. Seymour Pierce, financial adviser to RAL, is satisfied that sufficient

resources are available to RAL to satisfy in full the cash consideration payable

to Aston Villa Shareholders under the terms of the Offer.

But basically, I think it was a case of Randy not having 67 million in lose cash knocking about at the time, and therefore getting some of the money from the Lerner Trust, at a fair commercial rate, rather than going to a bank.

Hi General,

My first post to you. Briefly let me just thank you sincerely for coming on here to answer fans questions - I'm not aware of anyone else who does this. And the 'feel good factor' at AVFC is huge at the moment. Thank You.

There's been some debate on the forums here and elsewhere about chanting at football matches and the nature of it (chanting about injured players..homophobia and also still on occasions racist language). I'd like to see it go away personally - I believe you can have passion and raise a brilliant atmosphere without goading the opposition to such a degree (Banter is a part of the game yes but it's too often overstepped and becomes something else). What's your views on this?

General Krulak here:

1. Thank you alll for the Birthday wishes...they meant a great deal to me....just as they did to Randy a short while ago. THANK YOU!

2. Curtis Davies: Do not worry about his contract...we are fine. His operation went well...he is obviously sore but it appears to be very successful at first blush. We put some very "state of the art" physio equipment into Bodymoor heath and we will now watch it pay off. He will come back...strong as ever.

3. Protecting the Holte Inn is a concern. We will obviously increase security in and around the area. We hope we can forestall any damage to the building or to the Park....but we need to be very vigilent.

4. We continually try to keep Villa Park clean...and it is a never-ending battle. Basically we circle the Park with heavy cleaning once a month...and try to keep it up to snuff in between.

5. The new sponsor will be announced soon. Again, I cannot jump the gun on this issue.

6. nr66: Obviously you have asked two questions that I cannot answer specifically...it just would not be right to do. I can say that Randy and MON both see the same Squad you do...and both know its strengths and weaknesses. As you have seen, they do work to a plan and will not do anything to hurt that plan. My sense is that they will do what they need to do this summer. As for the new CEO: You are way to worried about this. We have a CEO...his name, at the present time, is Randy Lerner. He spends a great deal of time in the UK so the club is not rudderless. He certainly manages to run the Cleveland Browns from New York and does a good job. We will appoint a new CEO when we feel the time is right. Until then, do not worry about the day-to-day....we have it covered.

7. Loan to purchase Club. Nothing more than smart business decision.

Cheers for the answer on Curtis, however about 5 mins after I posted my question, Tony Mowbray came on the TV stating he was already a Villa player so my mind was at rest stright away.

Saturday was two edged, very proud of thh whole squad, at the time, blinking angry we let in the last second goal, but looking now, we are a very young side, still learning, and hopefully we will learn - a few times this season we have let in last minute goals and the youngsters need to learn to play to the whistle - but i am sure they know that, and it will happen.

I haven't posted for a while, because, lets face it, there is nothing to say !! - for the first time in my Villa life - there is nothing to moan about...

In fact - you are taking the fun out of this - bring back the bad old days - at least i used to enjoy going down Villa Park and hating it - boooo hisssss !!! :D

Keep up the good work

General Krulak here:

1. paulanddonna: I will do alll in my power to come up with a reason for you to whinge and moan. The last thing I want is for you to become complacent so I will put on my thinking cap and see what I can come up with. Don't forget, we have the summer transfer window, the new kit, the new sponsor, the new flag, etc. etc. Believe me, I will irritate you before too long. Enjoy the peace and tranquility...it never lasts for long.

General,

Just a quicky to praise Carol at Business Villa.

Followed up our cancelled Blackburn game (the date was switched) by waiting a little while then offering us other games.

Only her job I'm sure, but it all feels organised now whereas you feel it wouldn't have happened in the past.

a sale for you and a free trip out for me - result!

General,

My first post on your thread but I have been reading it since you first came nearly 2 years ago and I can only say you have been brilliant and also very honest in dealing with everything thrown at you. Keep up the good work, it is appreciated!

On to my brief point, I need to contact someone on the commercial side of Villa on behalf of my boss (as a company we have 4 seats in the Trinity Road with meals before every game) and it is just a quick query (not about the food or anything - that's all fine!!) but from the website can only find enquiries@businessvilla - is there a main person to contact or E-Mail?

Many Thanks

General Krulak here:

1. jamesvilla: Your question has been asked before and I have recommended this to take place. I think the issue simply boils down to the time and effort it would take to update on a daily basis. I know that sounds "weak" but, at the end of the day, the totals that are tabulated daily by Nicky Keye and her folks would have to be transfered over and place on the net. Simple you might say but it would be one more thing that people would have to do that would detract from thier primary jobs. As you know, I can provide update when ever asked...better for me to fool with it than to have one of the employees at Villa Park now take on another aspect to their jobs.

2. chrisp65: I agree, Carol is a star! Thank you for your comment...I will pass it on.

3. wigsy: My recommendation is that you call Alison Plant at AVFC, extension 370.

General,

I've noticed that some foreign teams carry their sponsor logo on the back of their shirts – I'd love to see the new shirt follow this trend; if only because I adore the style of the European Championship shirt, with the club logo positioned centrally. The Villa logo should be the focus...

While our new sponsor (prospective, but maybe already signed up) would probably have issues with this suggestion, I think they'd get more exposure in the press by being willing to do this. E.g. 'Sony recognises that, for Villa fans, its logo is not the most important one on the shirt: for this reason, the logo is displayed on the back...', etc.

(I'm sure a discrete front logo could also be incorporated in the design.)

Maybe I'm speaking rubbish – the thought has only just occurred to me... What do you think??

A belated happy birthday form me, by the way.

Best,

jd

General,

Any idea when the new sponsorship deal is to be announced? Im just dying to know. I know you said something in a previous post about it being in a couple of weeks, but that was a couple of weeks ago. :)

Dont want to answer for the general but he answerd this yesterday.

5. The new sponsor will be announced soon. Again, I cannot jump the gun on this issue.

I love the way people say "I don't want to answer for the general but...."and then answer anyway!! I myself am guilty of this twice! it's all very polite, mind you the people who do answer are just saying what has been said, wonder if you get a kick out of it General.