General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General krulak here:

1. Re. the mosaic. That was intended to be a secret...simple as that. It was to be a special gift from Randy to the Fans. I will not say where it is going to go or when...that would take away the only part of the secret remaining. Just know that Randy's sense of our history is very powerful and the mosaic is a perfect example.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General

Just a massive pat on the back for the team again today. Magnificent performance... So proud. My missus hates football but watched the game with me and was as nervous towards the end as the rest of us. We were unfortunate at the end, but if you want a lift find the highlights of our performance against them 2 years ago at Highbury. To say we've moved on since then would be a slight understatetment.

All the best

General

1-1 against arsenal. what a result.

Me and my dad were almost crying at the end (in the arsenal end). It was simply awful to concede that late, and the anger and dissapointment remained in our systems for a few hours afterwards.

However on the car journey home, we reflected just how far we have come under your wonderful guidance. Its simply magnificent. Our manager is simply awesome, our fans are awesome, our ownership is awesome and we are only going to get better.

I know you hear it every day, but you sir are a god. Just looking at the mosaic (amongst everything else you have done) shows how much you are in tune with our club. Please general, keep up the good work.

Up the villa

General krulak here:

1. Re. the mosaic. That was intended to be a secret...simple as that. It was to be a special gift from Randy to the Fans. I will not say where it is going to go or when...that would take away the only part of the secret remaining. Just know that Randy's sense of our history is very powerful and the mosaic is a perfect example.

shame that the secret got out, but wow...

what a gesture...

words cannot express how much this makes my heart smile...

General Krulak here:

1. I got off the plane from my trip and immediately turned on my Blackberry and picked up the game line. Oh was I gutted. Literally the last second! I moaned all the way to the baggage area and then took some time to reflect on the score and how far we have come. Last year we got the same result at the same place but the "feel" was totally different. (Speaking of feel, thank ALL the away fans for their magnificent support....it makes a HUGE difference.) Yesterday there is no question that we were in the game and playing solid football against a solid team. Randy was also gutted but was very proud of the team and the fans. As he said, there is no question that MON has done a magnificent job with the Squad and we have come a very long way. At the same time, we still have a way to go. We recognize that fact and accept it as a voyage that we must continue to travel with passion and focus. The injury report is not good...we have lost a superb player for the season. I know we all pray for a speedy but complete healing...and wish all good wishes as the healing progresses. Again, 1 point at Arsenal away...obtained by the effort put it...is OK. We just need to win the ones we should win...from here on out. Thank each of you for the support you have shown over the season. :flag:

Hi General.

I'm really looking forward to the youth side's semi final against Chelsea and I would really love there to be a big big crowd to cheer the lads on.

I think the free admission is a great incentive so I just was curious to know if the club are planning to market this to the fan base? I think a lot of fans will perhaps be unaware of this game or the free admission and if marketed to ST holders and those who have attended games it would see a lot of interest.

Further my partner is a teacher and when I told her she immediately started looking into taking a party of pupils. It would be a great chance to invite local schools to VP and welcome the next generation of fans to VP.

Keep up the stirling work and thanks as always

TV

General,

Congrats on the signing of Dante Stallworth for the Browns! A seasoned pro, and I think will turn out to be a great bit of business, the Browns are certainly on the up. After everything that has happened in their history this is great progress. Villa and the Browns are both very comparable sports teams. I hope Villa can make some comparable signings to Stallworth in the transfer window. Onwards and upwards! Thankyou for your continued support, you dont know how much it means to us fans.

General Krulak here:

1. We have sold approximately 34,000 ticketsd for M'boro and have processed the majority of the cancellations from those who cannot make the game due to change.

2. Dante Stallworth is a great player and will help the Browns. I agree, I hope Villa makes the same type of signings this summer.

General

Could you or the club make a statement on Curtis Davies loan / signing. My understandiing is that he is a Villa player period (signed and agreed) . It was just the terms of a 1 year loan and then a fee would be paid to WBA that is a little unusual. However ever since last summer there has been debate about whether he would join us, be sent back or a host of other options and now he is injured people are again debating the options. If you have a definitive response you will save us time and confussion.

Gen

A transfer question - I know you don't speculate on it , but this is a different type.

I think it was pretty wildly known that the Curtis Davies transfer was a marriage of convenience, ie: we sign him permenantly but WBA wanetd it to be finalised in July due to tax reasons (or that is what the stories say).

Obviously, the injury puts complication into this - therefore, does the injury change things because, from what I can make out, there is no way he could complete a medical in the transfer window for us to sign him.

General

Could you or the club make a statement on Curtis Davies loan / signing. My understandiing is that he is a Villa player period (signed and agreed) . It was just the terms of a 1 year loan and then a fee would be paid to WBA that is a little unusual. However ever since last summer there has been debate about whether he would join us, be sent back or a host of other options and now he is injured people are again debating the options. If you have a definitive response you will save us time and confussion.

The deal is done - the Statements at the time confirmed this. The "Loan" is basically to keep the Money men at Tesco's happy for some clever accounting.

General,

Me my sister and my great great granddad have a stone outside the Trinity, we always have a look at them on match days for good luck. Ever since they have been placed I have never seen them been cleaned luckily my stones have not got anything on them but the majority have dirty pieces of chewing cum and dry sand.

Can you please hirer some one to clean them

Thank you

Alex. Northender

General,

A while back you said an announcement was about '...two weeks away' on our new sponsor. Are we close to this announcement, many of us intruiged by who our new sponsor is

superchrisjames

i second that , the general realy wants to say but he probly cant because of contracts with 32red

Hi General

I just wanted to voice my concerns to you, firstly the Eduardo chant issue, would it be possible to put something in the program condemning these supporters

Secondly, my young son and I attended our first ever reserve game recently, there were a group of around 8 young lads chanting "your support is f***ing sh*t", i just don't think this is needed at a reserve game

All this aside i am absolutley over the moon for everything that is happening at Villa Park