General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General, can I suggest something for the last reserve game

make it a family fun game

Have events on for the kids, like a fun fair etc. Open events for four straight after school.

Invite school parties down

open up the exec areas to normal fans who may fancy sampling them

Competitions to meet first team players and sign autographs.

and we may have a trophy to parade.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General

There is a question coming, and apologies if it's in the previous 368 pages....

My Dad died today, 81, born in Brum just like my late mum.

He claimed he played for Villa schoolboys in the late 30's, I wasn't interested in the truth, but he loved Villa.

Said he named my brother and me, Andrew & Patrick after Lochhead & McMahon

He told us stories of the 70,000 crowds and used to point out the butchers shops and pubs owned by retired players (those were the days...)

He told us the legend of Pongo Waring, and when he got a bit drunk he'd sing

"Roll along Aston Villa roll along, put the ball in the net where it belongs..."

When I was a kid we were in the 3rd Division and winning all those League Cups

I'll never forget the replay against Everton when we were at my Nan's listening to BRMB

"Everyone get on your knees and pray "Verily I say unto thee - Everton 2 Villa 3" and it worked!

And then 82 - as a military man, 12 years Royal Artillary, he was engrossed in the Falklands War

(Have you ever seen the famous Sun newspaper - Front Cover "Paras Wade into Argies" Back Cover "V for Victory - Villa Win"?)

But it was our families finest hour (and a half)

We lived in London so we didn't go to many games - he took Andy to Millwall and keeper Jim Cumbes was hit with a slate just walking out of the tunnel.....

Although he did take me to the 1st ever UK Superbowl - at Villa Park!

But he followed the side passionately - he used to get the Sports Argus mailed down to him and followed the reserves keenly.

I even saw him fill out official forms where he answered Relgion - Aston Villa

He never wanted Sky, preferring the radio and his imagination,

and no matter how mad we could get at each other we always had the Villa to suffer with and hope for, and a game to disect.

He'd always get excited about a new season and was so happy that a new age was dawning for his club, and

that a military man was at the helm.

I knew he was losing his faculties last month when he could only remember 4 names from the team, but we're from Sidcup, and when I told him Routledge

was born there he thought that was pretty grand.

Every time (and I'm not the first to say it) I see the DVD on YouTube and Chris Nichol says "Dad, I've signed for Aston Villa" I get very teary eyed.

So a good life, full of Villa, came to an end, and I wanted to know if it's possible to have a handful of his ashes scattered on the pitch?

Or is it a nanny state Health & Safety problem? He always talked about it, and if it's possible I'd love to make it happen for him...

Mum is by a rose bush at the Taj Mahal (not the one in the High St.)l, but he didn't fancy it.

Spoke to my cousin last night who is heavily involved in the Aston Pride organisation and on the transport committee working with yourselves on the issues on match day . He was very complimentary about the things that the club are doing for the community and the support / finanicial commitment Villa are putting into the community and the general theme of improving the area and enhancing the match day experience .

It seems you are planning on new street lighting aswell as painting the two stations , I think the little things that are being done around the ground is fantastic for he people living there and its winning over their hearts and minds . He tells me the new guy Mr Cunnard ( forgive spelling ) has made contact and is picking up on some of the things Richard Fitzgerald was doing with Aston Pride , so is the new guy a direct replacement or just duties/responsibilities shared out ?

NewYorkVilla,

Firstly, I'm so sorry for your loss, but I wanted to tell you how much your post touched me this morning. My Villa experiences don't stretch back as far as your father's, or as far back as yours even, but I lived every one of them when I read your stories. Your dad seems to have lived a life full of every kind of experience imaginable, and the fact that Villa was as important to him as any of them shows just how beautiful our club is. I know every club will have supporters like you and your dad, but today I say Aston Villa is unique because of your father.

I know exactly what you mean when you talk about Chris Nichol's bit from the DVD. Even thinking about it sends a shiver through me.

I really do hope that the Club will allow you to put your father at rest in his Villa Park. I love the thought of your parents resting at 2 of the most beautful temples in the world. I know there are potential problems with the pitch etc, but I hope they let him rest either there or in the Holte End.

And speaking of which, next time I sing "Holteenders in the Sky", I'll be singing it with a tear in my eye for you and your dad.

Condolences again,

Gary.

General i have just been reading this piece in the paper and wondered if you have been taking over some of the english football fans bad habbits over to Philly :lol:

Philly's football-philes looking for their field of dreams

On the subject of the scattering of ashes, would it be possible that we could have some sort of memorial garden so this type of thing could be done? I have to say that reading that post put goose pimples on my arms.

NewYorkVilla, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Your e-mail was beautifully written and is, in itself, a fitting memorial to your Dad.

Its yet another example of how much this club means to us all. I can't help but think about my Dad when reading this as I (like many others on this site I'm sure) can share similar stories about how, despite all of life's ups and downs, Villa has always been the shared constant in our relationship and always will be.

Which is another reason why I'm so proud of what you, General, have done with this club. Football is not like any other "business", its more than that and it always will be. This is why I'm so grateful for your handling of the club so far.

It would be great if you could scatter the ashes on/ around the pitch. In addition is there a way you can put fan obituries in the match programme (not sure if this is done already, I know it is with former players but fans?). Also, is their a memorial card that the club could send out too signed by the team/ manager/ Randy. This sounds a bit tacky as a write it but it if handled and designed properly I think this could be a really nice gesture from the club to its ever loyal fan base.

Thanks and best wishes NewYorkVilla

Hi General. Just been stuck in traffic on Witton Lane on the usual commute home. Just wondered if there are any plans to put anything on the side of the academy on the way to Aston Hotel. At the moment its your usual drab brick wall. Could this be painted claret and blue, or feature portrait billboards with the current players on, maybe a painting reachng from our beginnings to now from one end to the other.

Keep up the good work General K!!!

General Krulak here:

1. newyorkvilla: I, like othes, was touched by your wonderful tribute to your father. Reading it made my heart swell with pride over this great Club of ours. I am terribly sorry for your loss...and that of your family. At the same time, your words were magnificent and served as a great example of a son's love for his father. Thank you for sharing them with us. In answer to your question, I am not really sure. I will ask and see what the answer is. If this were the US, there would probably be some crazy reason it could not be done...damage to the "snail darter" or some such bunk. I hope things are different in the UK but I do need to check.

2. Academy wall. Depending on the outcome of our infrastructure study, the North End of VP may well look totally different in a couple of years.

MYSTERYMAN: As you know, we have been working very hard to cement our relationships with the community. I agree, I think it is paying off. I believe they realize we are sincere and do what we say we are going to do. It is called, Integrity. The man's name is Michael Cunnah and he is a fine individual. His remit is not exactly the same as RF but he will be doing many of the same things...and then some.

Newyorkvilla touched ny your post, my thoughts are with you at this time.Im guessing that if it can be done your asking the right man, the General seems to be a man of great vision and honesty, a rare breed in these times.

General,

My apologies if I've got the wrong date, but I believe today is Randy's birthday.

Please pass on our best wishes to him and the sincere hope that the team give him a big belated birthday present on Sunday.

Oh, and if you don't mind me asking; what did you get him?

General,

What sort of feedback have you or Randy had about the team's break in Marbella?

And can you provide us with any update of release dates for new kit, new sponsor, new season ticket prices, new stadium, new players, new york, new jersey, new england, new hampshire and newmarket 5.15? Ta :wink: :notworthy:

OutByEaster,

I think if Wiki is correct then it is today and if so I would also like to pass on my Birthday wishes to him. I have noticed some really good changes at Villa Park, and I somehow feel more special to Villa as a fan than I did before. I think the progress that has been made has been brilliant and long may it continue. Is there anyway of the fans clubbing together to get him a present? I am sure he has most things but perhaps something unique on behalf of the fans would be apreciated. I would happily chip in towards getting him something.

General Krulak here:

1. Bully: The trip was a good one...a chance for the team to concentrate, to "bond", to get some quality, concentrated time with MON. You never know whether these trips are really worthwhile until the going gets tough...then the comraderie and loyalty shows thru.

2. The issue of sponsorship should be made public within the next couple of weeks. The new kit will be out in July. Season ticket prices are being discussed at this time. New Caledonia, New Brunswick, Sir Isacc Newton, New Bedford and Nuclear Power.

Hi General

As a season ticket holder and primary school teacher, I am writing to commend you and Aston Viilla FC for the oppurtunities you have provided for local schools.

My school, like many, is not rolling in money, but has many enthusiastic football fans. My class is taking part in the Villa Vitality scheme in July and was so impressed that the club was paying for the coach to pick up the children from school and take them back. Many of these children have never visited Villa Park, but really looking foward to it.

In addition to this, today I met with one of the coaches offering school curriculum coaching and was over the moon to be able to arrange some dates for the remainder of this year. All free as well. Fantastic!

In short, I just want to let you know how happy you have made me as a Villa fan, but more importantly the children in my class who are genuinely delighted!

Thanks

UTV

Paul