General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys how many times has it to be said but the General has no influence and nor should he on team matters. Very true, Ian. Ta. General Krulak has repeatedly said he is not involved in the team/player dealings or selections and can't comment on them, So could posters please move on, on this. Thanks. Blandy

Hi General,

Ive supported Villa since childhood but have never been able to get to a match......until today! :D:D:D

My wife suprised me with 2 tickets to the Newcastle game on feb 9th at 12.45. Flying over for the weekend so want to do as much as possible.

Can you please give me some info on how I can arrange a stadium tour or anything else to make my first ever visit worth my wait :)

Do the team train on a friday before a saturday game, and if so is it possible to visit the training ground to watch them?

General Krulak here:

1. shortshadyuk: I have provided your e-mail to both Chelsea and Caroline...I am sure you will be hearing from both of them soon. I sent them your picture (the Tom Cruise version) so the time line between my contact and their e-mails to you will be short. Stand by!!! :)

2. Yes, I hope to be at the youth game.

3. stevenjos: I am happy to hear about the business villa folks treating you well....that is important to us, By the way, I was at that Youth Game myself and FROZE!!!!!

4. VillaN.I: Congratulations on getting the tickets to the Newcastle game. Your wife is a real sweetheart!!! Well done to her!! To see what is available on that day you should contact Lee Preece and tell him I asked you to call him. Hopefully he can get you in on a tour. Training on friday will be very limited.

5. Re. Cahill: I am not going to talk about transfers other than to say the following: MON knows better than any of us what he needs on the Squad...he knows his players strengths and weaknesses. Additionally, he knows the teams in the Premiership...all about them. He, Randy and the Board also know the rivalry that exists between us and our cross town opponents. We need to trust MON that he will do the right thing for the right reasons. He is the ONLY on of us that truly has the big picture. We should let him do his job.

Hi General I am new to this site and find it great that a man as busy as yourself can spare time to talk to us. The fact you take it upon yourself to sort out issues raised by posters ie. (VillaN.I ). is tribute to Yourself and Randy and shows how much you both care about the club. Keep up the good work.

P.S well done on getting Larseun to sign up

And a happy Sunday morning to you general!!

Just wondering, as were soon to be facing a team so disgusted by their owners actions that there preparing an anti US demonstration - if Randy, yourself and the rest of the "new" Villa know how much the fans cherish you?!? Wouldnt swap you all for all the Roubles in Russia!

Cheers General!

This is a message for all those reading to explain just what a great bloke the General is and also a massive thank you for what he did.

I got in touch with the General a few days ago now explaining that a user on my own website (i will not name) couldnt make the game with Blackburn next weekend because she is due to have a operation. She planned her operation so she could make the game before it got re-scheduled. Despite being deeply upset about the game being changed she understood that the fixture change was best for the club.

So like i already said i got in touch with the general explaining the problem. He asked me for her phone number, in which i gave. The lady in question (Jackie) recieved a very friendly call by the General himself wishing her good luck with her operation and a speedy recovery.

This made Jackie a very happy lady and has cheered up a lot. So i would personally like to thank the General for being such a great person.

And i would like to repeat what Simon said above and state that despite us fans - we will always have something to complain about. Thats what we do best. However we appreciate your hard work for turning this club into a big family. And like Simon said in the above post, we wouldnt change yourself or the rest of the team that work so hard behind the scenes to make Aston Villa the great football club it is.

A MASSIVE THANKYOU.

General Krulak here:

1. avillafan: You know that I made the call because you asked me to do so...I had no idea you would put it on the site. Simply put, Jackie is a great Villa Fan and it was a pleasure to speak to her. I agree, the Blackburn move really hurt her efforts to see the Villa play but she is such a good fan that she understood and was OK with the move. Now we just need to get her through the operation and back at Villa Park.

General Krulak here:

1. shortshadyuk: I have provided your e-mail to both Chelsea and Caroline...I am sure you will be hearing from both of them soon. I sent them your picture (the Tom Cruise version) so the time line between my contact and their e-mails to you will be short. Stand by!!! :)

General I have to say although i know you are joking, i'll pretend you are not :-P but I do want to say that you are quite simply the BEST thing to EVER happen to Villa in the years I have supported them, even more so than Randy or MON, I love that you talk to the Fans and take on views, we're truly lucky to have you.

*checks his email in case that wasn't a joke :-D*

i dont know if this has been asked already but I have been saving up and although im moving back to the USA general i want to buy a Season Ticket for next season, how early before next season can I get one? I always find it is a pain to buy individual match tickets so I think this might mean i can get better seats too. I usually bring a friend with me; a different one each time so can I get 2 season tickets under my name? or do they need to be under two different names?

also do they send out Season ticket passes to the USA or do I need to provide a UK address?

General

With all the stuff that gets put on here I feel a little selfish with this one (so sorry), but anyway thought I'd ask... For Xmas I received a superb gift. A bound collection of Villa related newpaper articles over the past 100 years. Really is great! Anyway... I was hoping that I'd be able to get it signed by yourself, Randy and MON. Obviously not just something I want to post on the off chance it would get damaged (not by anyone at the club of course!) but just hoped their would possibly be a way of arranging to leave it somewhere and collect it at a later date (such as in a brown paper bag under my seat in the Holte? :D)? I don't get the opportunity to go to the training ground and it's to big a thing to take to the match!!

If you can help it would be appreciated.

Regards

Mark

General in the Browns forum on this site there is a discussion regarding moving NFL games to London.

I understand why this happens as not only does it increase revenues which every team shares but obviously increases awareness and thus may increase revenues as well.

Now I remember on this thread somewhere that Randy would never move an home game, would this also apply to away games ?

Also does Randy support the principle of doing this ?

General Krulak here:

1. avillafan: You know that I made the call because you asked me to do so...I had no idea you would put it on the site. Simply put, Jackie is a great Villa Fan and it was a pleasure to speak to her. I agree, the Blackburn move really hurt her efforts to see the Villa play but she is such a good fan that she understood and was OK with the move. Now we just need to get her through the operation and back at Villa Park.

I didnt put it on the website general. I was trying to explain that she was a member of my website.

General Is MON still on the rolling contract? if so what is actually the reason for not having him tied to a deal long term? i know he is an honest man and would not leave in a rush but the club would get no compensation if he does indeed leave... just wondering

and re: that american footy idea, would the club entertain the idea of having the browns play at Villa park pre season and vice versa for cross branding?

General Is MON still on the rolling contract? if so what is actually the reason for not having him tied to a deal long term? i know he is an honest man and would not leave in a rush but the club would get no compensation if he does indeed leave... just wondering

and re: that american footy idea, would the club entertain the idea of having the browns play at Villa park pre season and vice versa for cross branding?

sorry mate this has been answered many times so maybe read earlier part of this thread. In essence it's an agreement between Randy and MON and both are happy with the current deal they have, neither party are looking to change that.