General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

A couple of months ago it was mentioned on here if there was any possible 'link up' with tickets, offers etc with Birmingham Speedway.

From memory I think you said you'd look into it. Has this gone any further ? Think it would be another great link up considering the Brummies are on our doorstep.

Cheers General

I put that forward and I genuinely believe it would be good for all concerned. Let the Dogshit keep Bruce Lee, he is dead anyway!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent post General, i hope it can go someway to alleviating the 'fears' of the minority of villa fans who are worried. However, i'd like to bet it will not. There will always be something else to moan, complain or worry about. I'm sure you realise the majority of fans could not be happier with the way the new board are conducting themselves.

I also have a question. My mate is a Watford fan and he tells me that they offer their fans a sort of "long distance fan" season ticket. This is a 15-game season ticket offered to those who live more than 75 miles away from the ground. As i live in London and work some weekends, buying a season ticket is not an option to me, and because of our fantastic away support i often struggle to get to away tickets for London games. I believe Villa have great deal of fans who live more than 75 miles from villa park and would jump at the chance to attend games at a small discount by buying such a ticket. Are the board aware of such a scheme and are there any plans to introduce one?

General,

I have been reading all your posts for sometime now with no reply - However, I feel have to congratulate you on your post. Hopefully you have answered the moaning MINORITY. I am proud to have you, MON and Randy at our club.

Thanks for everything, keep up the good work mate.

General, a point which I think has been missed whilst discussing your last post/rant. Where does this leave us in regards to Richard Fitzgerald's past/future quotes? Should we take them with a pinch of salt, that they are just his opinions and not those of Aston Villa Football Club? It's just we British take official public statements at face value, this new spin I don't know where it leaves us and official announcements as you've put them down to opinions. I'm a little confused by this.

From within the club who should we be listening to for the official word if not our CEO?

General Krulak here:

1. Just back from Columbus game....Chefdoc2000 hit the nail on the head with his prediction...3-1.

2. I think I have answered the question re. "what does Randy want from Club?" First and foremost he is looking for the psychic income that comes from taking Villa from where it was when he bought the Club and bringing it to a point where the Squad is winning, consistently, on the Pitch and the Villa "experience" is the best in the Premiership. Of course he wants to win silverware but, first off, he wants to build the Squad and Experience to be LASTING and not a flash in the pan. This is not done overnight. People need to understand that Randy has a real passion for Aston Villa Football Club....proven by the tattoo of our Badge on his ankle. If ANYONE wants to question whether Randy is in this for the long term, just think of that tattoo!! How many fans have done that?

3. US beer is not as "rich" as that found in UK and Europe...no comparison.

4. Villa World and Web Site will be upgraded.

5. Good idea on flag pole usage.

6. Still looking into a relationship with B'ham speedway.

7. Watford "long distance" tickets. Please call Nicky Keye (or e-mail her) and provide her the idea.

8. Musicw883. If Richard is talking about Players, he is giving his own personal opinion and not speaking for the Club. If Richard is talking about Sales and Marketing, he is talking for the Club! He is a huge expert in that arena and should be listened to. Please do not "model" our Club after something like a ManU where David Gill does both. Not every Club operates that way...and Villa is one that doesn't. That does not make us bad...just different.

9. Season Tickets are closing in on 24,000. We have already exceeded our all-time high. Over 25,000 have been sold for Inter game.

8. Musicw883. If Richard is talking about Players, he is giving his own personal opinion and not speaking for the Club. If Richard is talking about Sales and Marketing, he is talking for the Club! He is a huge expert in that arena and should be listened to. Please do not "model" our Club after something like a ManU where David Gill does both. Not every Club operates that way...and Villa is one that doesn't. That does not make us bad...just different.

Thanks General. I have no issue with it and I understand it, I just wanted to be absolutely clear because a lot of people have hinged their expectations on Richard's quote. From now on I'm crystal clear.

P.s. I think it's really great Mr. Lerner has a Villa tattoo. Now what about you :winkold:

General Krulak here:

1. Just back from Columbus game....Chefdoc2000 hit the nail on the head with his prediction...3-1.

2. I think I have answered the question re. "what does Randy want from Club?" First and foremost he is looking for the psychic income that comes from taking Villa from where it was when he bought the Club and bringing it to a point where the Squad is winning, consistently, on the Pitch and the Villa "experience" is the best in the Premiership. Of course he wants to win silverware but, first off, he wants to build the Squad and Experience to be LASTING and not a flash in the pan. This is not done overnight. People need to understand that Randy has a real passion for Aston Villa Football Club....proven by the tattoo of our Badge on his ankle. If ANYONE wants to question whether Randy is in this for the long term, just think of that tattoo!! How many fans have done that?

3. US beer is not as "rich" as that found in UK and Europe...no comparison.

4. Villa World and Web Site will be upgraded.

5. Good idea on flag pole usage.

6. Still looking into a relationship with B'ham speedway.

7. Watford "long distance" tickets. Please call Nicky Keye (or e-mail her) and provide her the idea.

9. Season Tickets are closing in on 24,000. We have already exceeded our all-time high. Over 25,000 have been sold for Inter game.

Excellent post , back on the banner we are at Villa measuring up tomorrow and starting work on it this week . If you intend on moving on the banners you are doing the club needs to move quick if they are to be done in time for Liverpool game .

General.

Thanks for continuing to take time out of your schedule to post here, it really is a testament to both your and the rest of the board's dedication to the fans.

I'd like to ask if there are any plans in the works to compile and release more DVDs and/or books illustrating the clubs history. Although we've got the 57, 82 and Season Review DVD's, and a handful of books, we lack an 'encyclopaedia' of Villa's history, one book or DVD that catalogues the entire history of the club, in a way that other clubs do. As the board seem so determined to underline the history of our club (Holte Hotel, for example) why not put together such items now, so that the tales of our earliest history are not lost for future generations?

Thanks for your time :)

MuleAthon, a book was brought out for the centenary year that was a very good read. I know it is a long time ago, but suggest you get it if you are interested in the history of the club.

When I first left school many years ago, I used to go the the library in town and did a massive dossier on the club from old evening mails and Sports Argus that were on fiche. One of my mates used it for his university topic and I never got it back

General

Thank you for replying to my post about the online site.

As someone who has supported the club for about 37 years, I have to say Mr Lerner and all (including yourself) are doing a fantastic job. I actually fought at the Holte hotel many many years ago. You will get the odd sceptic person, but our club could not be in better hands and some people have short memories. I have worked in London for 20 years and it is now a pleasure going into work knowing that our club is on the up. Long may it continue and ignore the very few moaners. The way you celebrated the history and future at the Sheff United game made me feel very proud. Have to say there were tears in my eyes when the past and present teams came out. Brilliant that the whole crowd embraced the situation.

General,recently visited Villa Park to get ticket for Milan game,and decided to take a look at the revamped Holte Hotel.Have to say i was very impressed,but was a little disappointed,no very angry when veiwing the railings surrounding the building.To be perfectly honest they appeared to have been painted by either a blues fan or Stevie Wonder,if you get the chance ,take a look an then sack the culprit for taking the piss in picking up his/her pay cheque!

General.

Thanks for continuing to take time out of your schedule to post here, it really is a testament to both your and the rest of the board's dedication to the fans.

I'd like to ask if there are any plans in the works to compile and release more DVDs and/or books illustrating the clubs history. Although we've got the 57, 82 and Season Review DVD's, and a handful of books, we lack an 'encyclopaedia' of Villa's history, one book or DVD that catalogues the entire history of the club, in a way that other clubs do. As the board seem so determined to underline the history of our club (Holte Hotel, for example) why not put together such items now, so that the tales of our earliest history are not lost for future generations?

Thanks for your time :)

We do have an enclyopaedia, was published a few years ago tho and thus not updated