General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

I think this may have been asked already, but do you know if there are any plans for the club to put a package together for fans who would like to follow the team "across the water" for the pre season tour? I for one would be very interested.

If not, I'll hopefully plan my own trip to coincide with it, but my main concern would be getting tickets as I don't want to travel all the way there to find out I can't get into the games!

General,

I too would be interested if the club are looking at putting a travel package together. Can you let us know if this will be the case?

Thank you.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. In 2003, Randy and I started looking at FC's to see if there were any "available." AVFC was ABSOLUTELY on the list for all the reasons that you know better than us...tradition, ethos, quality of facilities, passion of fans, etc. etc. In 2006, this great Club became available and the rest is history. When I first came to the UK to work in 2000, I was a Tranmere Rover fan...there is a loooong story behind that.

2. Regarding the season ticket exchange scheme. That is currently being worked out in the FA and other areas. There needs to be a way to handle situations just as you describe. It may be worthwhile for you to contact Nicky Keye at AVFC and see if she has any updated info.

3. I will see if I can get the Season Ticket stats that you are looking for. I do know that we are looking to exceed the best year we have ever had...which is about 23,500.

Dear General,

Any chance we can get those awesome leather racing seats inthe dugouts for the players that arsenal and chelsea have - they look the business and all the big footy teams seem to have them!

Cherers,

Andy

When I first came to the UK to work in 2000, I was a Tranmere Rover fan...there is a loooong story behind that.

General, first of all thank you for the swift and helpful reply.

However,.................................................as a Chester boy myself and you working for a rather large American Bank that has its european hq in that fair city, why oh why Tranmere, it's like a stab to the heart. :wow:

Still at least it was not that lot over the border that have a lot of sheep!!

General

Unfortunately I couldn’t make the game on Saturday as I was on holiday and so missed out on the parade, an excellent result and the scarf!

QUESTION is… will there be anyway of getting one of these scarves from the club. As you may already be aware, these scarves are being sold on ebay for around £20!!!! I’d rather give the club my £20 note than some random person selling one on the internet.

Sorry to have to top this question... but I'm sure that there are many villa fans who didnt get the chance to make the game on saturday and therefore missed out on the scarf :(

General,

There is talk that tickets for the Toronto FC friendly may be hard to come by. We are holidaying in Michigan and will be driving up to take in the game. Is there any chance that the club will be able to offer match tickets?

Unfortunately we cannot take in the Columbus game as it clashes with a prior engagement.

General Krulak here:

1. In 2003, Randy and I started looking at FC's to see if there were any "available." AVFC was ABSOLUTELY on the list for all the reasons that you know better than us...tradition, ethos, quality of facilities, passion of fans, etc. etc. In 2006, this great Club became available and the rest is history. When I first came to the UK to work in 2000, I was a Tranmere Rover fan...there is a loooong story behind that.

Well MBNA is based in cheshire so fair play on you General for not going the glory hunting path in that area in terms of team support. Needless to say you're now villa through and through! You do know that's it now for life and all your children, grand children etc must be villa supporters too. I've seen tragedy in my own family where the whif of other teams support, esp the scum down the road, has brought sadness, shame and, frankly, disgrace on whole communities!

Okay, seriosuly point now. General I think someone needs to have a word with whoever did the printing of on the t-shirts with the new badge in the club shop. The Claret is very pink and the overall quality is quite poor to be honest

Hi General, recieved my season ticket renewal pack this morning but I was surprised to see there were no details on how to pay (monthly installments, admin fees? etc....) when will these details be released?

Hi general,

This may have been brought up before but on the back of last weeekends awesome atmosphere and the subsequent comments from the players it became totally apparent how much the positive atmosphere influenced the performance of the team.

Its surely therefore imperative that we try and replicate this atmosphere as often as we possibly can next season and truly become that "12th man" that can make all the difference.

I know this is largely results driven, but not exclusively.

Fans play a massive part in the success (or otherwise) of their club and personally speaking I do think that this is an area that Villa fans (all of us) need to improve on.

Much of this will happen naturally as there is such a good feeling running throughout the club but i was just wandering if the club have any further plans to help with this? The scarf day was awesome. How about flag day's, Paul McGrath days etc...

I had a thought about creating an exclusive "Villa Voices" club whereby the club embarks on a search to find 200 ultimate Villa fans who want to joing this club. Perhaps you could run the search on the OS and encourage people to tell us (Villa) why they deserve a place in this exlusive club. You then pick your top 200 people give them all a pair of season tickets for an area in the ground free (presumably the Holte).

They then become Villa's exclusive fans in charge of making the match day atmosphere one to savour. You could task them with coming up with new chants for the club and make them aware that membership can be revoked if they dont improve the atmosphere!

I'm pretty sure that atmosphere will be 100% better next year but this might just be a way of the club helping to give it even more of a nudge in the right direction!

In any other topic your post would be fine, this topic however isn't for discussions, its for questions to the general only, if you've found something in here you want to discuss with other VT'ers please by all means start a thread about it in the Villa Talk forum - this has been mentioned SO MANY TIMES!!!!

Please observe this rule as it makes it easier for the general to reply to specific points if he doesn't have to read subsequent discussion posts, the rule is there to aid the general, not for some perverse pleasure us mods are supposed to get by deleting posts - Bicks

General Krulak here;

1. As I said, a looong story behind Tranmere "fandom"...but any good Brit would appreciate it. Basically dealt with FA Cup and their "run" in 2000.

2. Toronto Tickets should not be that hard to come by. I will check and see if Nicky Keye has an answer as to if we will some.

3. Rest assured, ALL of my children, daughters-in-law and 5 grandchildren (to include a 9 month old) have their Villa Kits!!!! My son was, at one time, a Liverpool Fan but I think we may have even made some inroads there. I gave him my scarf when I came back from the Sheff Utd game...he was wearing it the last time I saw him.

4. I hope that our Fans start thinking about bringing the scarves to games...they made a helluva impact on our Squad.

5. Any questions on Season Tickets can be answered by calling Nicky Keye...she has all the latest scoop.

General Krulak here;

4. I hope that our Fans start thinking about bringing the scarves to games...they made a helluva impact on our Squad.

General,

Will the scarves (the ones given out at the last home game) be available for purchase from the club?

It was great to meet you last Friday General, (picture page 214, glad no one has said that we are ugly buggers!), my friend Jon got his chance on Sunday. I asked you for a photo and you said sure and put your hands around Jonny's neck! Oh how we would have laughed if we thought that you couldn't kill him! I expect to hear Krulaks moaning on the radio in Brummie accents in 10 years time because we have only bought 2 world class players in the summer! Hope your dad is doing well, get him on the pitch at the start of next season with Sir Ron or Dennis and he will feel the power! 94 not out!

General, although we have loved Mr Saunders coming back and then the 82 team coming back to VP, we haven't really got a good view of it,

1. Because we were at the game

2. Because the BBC hate us

3. Because it is not on You tube.

Can you please ensure that these are on the end of season video (dvd) in full? We may actually sell a few copies then!

General Krulak here:

1. In 2003, Randy and I started looking at FC's to see if there were any "available." AVFC was ABSOLUTELY on the list for all the reasons that you know better than us......It may be worthwhile for you to contact Nicky Keye at AVFC and see if she has any updated info...

General, will you stop referring to us as AVFC please? The name is Aston Villa.

Geneeral Krulak here:

1. We hgave some additional scarves but have not decided what/how to distribute them at this time. We are looking at many options but need to pick the right one.

2. I have asked Richard Fitzgerald to compile a DVD of the '82 Celebration...he is going to make it happen.

3. PW: I am writing on 4 separate web sites...soon to be 5. If I take the time to spell out Aston Villa Football Club everytime I want to mention our Club, I am going to cause even more heartburn for my wife. AVFC is, in fact, another way to describe our Club. If you really go back into our history, you will see that AVFC is very prominent.

General,

I recently read an interview, in which you were asked if you had been suprised by some of the negative attitudes, or at least a question along those lines. I for one have become increasingly anxious about some of the comments made along these lines recently and would hope that this has not tainted the majority of us with the idea that we are ungrateful for the great strides Mr Lerner and the team have made.