FIFA 13

GarethRDR

Bought this yesterday and had my first bash at it last night... really enjoyed it! Started a career mode with BvB, won two out of two in the league. Doesnt seem too drastically different from 2012, but good fun all the same.

Id be up for playing in the VT team if your in need of an uncompromising, bruising yet elegant (hahaha!), centreback. Think Shaun Teale, minus the gargantuan moustache...

Had several games recently where I've dominated but lost. In a couple of cases I've been hammered, for example in my last match where I lost 5-2. My **** midfielders were awful though, just never seemed to pass where I wanted them to.

I've also built a silver team but can't seem to string two wins together with them. Irritating.

And another. It's really pissing me off now: all of my players seem so lethargic. It's like playing as a team with no chemistry all of a sudden. So many of my passes just don't fall into the runs of players, or bounce around, and I can't seem to go past anyone. Most of the tackles I make seem to roll away from the player who's made them.

Got the main players for my Ultimate team. The likes of Robben and Ribery are out of the question with their prices being over 200K and i only have 200k left. The team cost less than 100K. Feel proud of myself for not spending real money on Microsoft points this year.

30vc8bs.jpg

Good team, and I agree with keeping Lewandowski rather than getting Huntelaar. However, if you don't mind spending a bit more and want some real pace you could get Reus in and re-train him as a striker.

Not tempted to get someone like Hummels or Lahm in at the back with your extra coins?

Good team, and I agree with keeping Lewandowski rather than getting Huntelaar. However, if you don't mind spending a bit more and want some real pace you could get Reus in and re-train him as a striker.

Not tempted to get someone like Hummels or Lahm in at the back with your extra coins?

Yeah, working towards Hummels, Lahm and Reus. Just wanted to get a decent team together so i can start playing games without struggling with a shit bronze team.

I've slightly rejigger my Bundesliga team and it's very similar to yours.

I've got Weidenfeller; Piszczek, Alaba, Naldo, Hummels; Müller, Martinez, Kroos; Afellay, Gomez, Farfan. I've not played a game with it yet since I replaced Adler, Felipe Santana, Diego, Huntelaar and Blazszykowski.

Huntelaar was great for me so I'm reluctant to replace him. Not quick but his finishing is lethal. I've got Lewandowski in my squad but not used him yet. Also got van der Vaart, Luiz Gustavo and Gündogan around the squad too. Looking forward to playing a few games this weekend.

As I was new to FUT I went straight for trading up to a gold team so missed out on some of the offline tournaments. Started buying bronze players again now so I can have a go at them!

Some people who play this must spend so much money, even though they're really not very good. Fair enough if you buy a few packs, but I just played a guy who had the following team and beat him 6-0 with my Serie A/Colombia combo team, and I genuinely don't think I played all that well:

Casillas; Jordi Alba, Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Dani Alves; Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Özil; Pedro (IF), Benzema, Di María

I reckon that's not too far off three-quarters of a million coins worth of team. And he was terrible. Guess he could have got lucky with a very high value card in a pack and sold it to build the team, but this seems to happen quite a bit and I don't reckon everyone who's awful but has a valuable team is that lucky.

Â