FIFA 13

GarethRDR

Two real suspicious games in a row this morning.

Game was fine, no issues - until I get within 20 yards of goal. The game would freeze for 4/5 seconds and then after it went back to normal any shot I had would go miles over the bar as if I'd hit it full power.

Still won them both, but it's bloody annoying having this kind of shit. If I'd have gone behind, I'd have had no chance.

This game isn't half annoying sometimes,

i'm playing through Ultimate Team Seasons, had consecuative promotions to Div2, with relative ease. get to division 2, and suddenly my strikers turn to shit, baring in mind i have 4 sides i rotate, all of them start missing chances, i then had games where i'd control possession, create opportunities then with the first attack opposition would score, then i'd settle in again and dominate proceedings till he gets another break away goal. I've lost 5 on the bounce in these circumstance after not losing more than one game consecetively on my way to Div. 2.

then with 3 games left, it's like my luck turns and i win a game 5-4 in the 90th min, then earn enough points in remaing games to hold my Division placing. I'm convinced it was some sort of 'scripting' to ensure i don't fly through the seasons mode.

How is Pro clubs? I've never ever played it before and really not too sure if it's enjoyable or not?

Might come on for a game tonight... what positions are left?

Sorry VR123, got your message last night but was mid-game and forgot to reply!

Will have to try and dig out my MIC too

Come on tonight and find out :) there's probably a place in midfield available, if not then I'm sure one of us will move elsewhere and rotate.. The lag seems to have gone from clubs this year so it's smooth

It's epic in pro clubs we so far have

2 strikers

Left wing

Right wing

Then allow one person to control all other players. Worked really well as no one likes being defence however as a benefit they control 4-5 players so they are involved a lot morre.

Apart from the last game where I scored 2 belters I didn't do too much.

I think having 7 individuals and one person controlling defensive 3 would be a fair setup for everyone. Cannot imagine just controlling a left back or centre back

This game isn't half annoying sometimes,

i'm playing through Ultimate Team Seasons, had consecuative promotions to Div2, with relative ease. get to division 2, and suddenly my strikers turn to shit, baring in mind i have 4 sides i rotate, all of them start missing chances, i then had games where i'd control possession, create opportunities then with the first attack opposition would score, then i'd settle in again and dominate proceedings till he gets another break away goal. I've lost 5 on the bounce in these circumstance after not losing more than one game consecetively on my way to Div. 2.

then with 3 games left, it's like my luck turns and i win a game 5-4 in the 90th min, then earn enough points in remaing games to hold my Division placing. I'm convinced it was some sort of 'scripting' to ensure i don't fly through the seasons mode.

Similar has just happened to me. I've had consecutive promotions to Division 2, but lost my first two games. In each, I had well over double the number of shots that my opponent had, but just couldn't seem to get the ball in the back of the net more than once. They, on the other hand, seemed to score with every attack - and it wasn't even that they were counter-attacking with pace or anything. Just need to improve my finishing I think, although I had been happy with it generally.

The team I usually play with is a Liga BBVA team. All of the players were pretty cheap, with the exception of Jesús Navas, who cost around 15k. I currently have just under 50k to play with (and some FIFA Points, which I'll use to buy packs at some point) but am not sure what to do with it. I'm tempted to bring in Piqué, although my main concern with him would be his relative lack of pace, which I find important as I play 3 at the back, meaning they need to cover ground quite quickly. Maybe he'd make up for it with his size and positioning - I'm undecided. Otherwise, I could build up another one or two decent cheap teams, but I'm not sure how often I'll use them. I'm also tempted by Falcao, who would cost all of my current coins but would mean I have a great finisher. Or, I could save and save, and try to get someone really expensive. Decisions, decisions!

Just had another wonderful experience:

This just happened to me, playing an Online UT Seasons game, our game is going back and forth, a manage to get a few goals consecutively, and i'm leading 7-4 on 70 mins. My opponent then pauses at his kick off, and the game disconnects.

My UT then crashes and tells me to go back to the menu, once i've loaded up UT, i'm stuck with a 3-0 loss and one less game to play in my season. Despite me not doing anything.

As much as i love UT, it's full of rubbish, Pace is still too heavily relied upon, none of my teams have any real pacers. At the moment i can't bring myself to buy a top racket player, i don't think i've spent of 3.5k for a player (bastos) .

I am half tempted to build a couple of silver teams, maybe a Villa one and Japan team.

I cannot see myself playing anything apart from online team pro. Haven't had that much fun since back ops zombie party online and team battlefield 2. Great stuff and am not sure if you can play fifa team pro on virgin gaming but that would be an option for me.

If you got space for one more I'd be interested.

I've only just joined up on the forums as I generally just used to read peoples reactions to games however I came across this and thought it'd be worth signing up :)

I used to play with my mates on PS3 but since saw the light and ditched my PS3 for a 360. I usually just play Online Seasons as and when but interested to play Pro Clubs with a decent bunch instead of the useless 'run the pitch' muppets you get in free for alls.

Let me know if you got space :)

Similar has just happened to me. I've had consecutive promotions to Division 2, but lost my first two games. In each, I had well over double the number of shots that my opponent had, but just couldn't seem to get the ball in the back of the net more than once. They, on the other hand, seemed to score with every attack - and it wasn't even that they were counter-attacking with pace or anything. Just need to improve my finishing I think, although I had been happy with it generally.

The team I usually play with is a Liga BBVA team. All of the players were pretty cheap, with the exception of Jesús Navas, who cost around 15k. I currently have just under 50k to play with (and some FIFA Points, which I'll use to buy packs at some point) but am not sure what to do with it. I'm tempted to bring in Piqué, although my main concern with him would be his relative lack of pace, which I find important as I play 3 at the back, meaning they need to cover ground quite quickly. Maybe he'd make up for it with his size and positioning - I'm undecided. Otherwise, I could build up another one or two decent cheap teams, but I'm not sure how often I'll use them. I'm also tempted by Falcao, who would cost all of my current coins but would mean I have a great finisher. Or, I could save and save, and try to get someone really expensive. Decisions, decisions!

I've done a La Liga team, I'd recommend Pepe over Pique. Benzema would be my first choice for strikers, can get him for less than Falcao. My current team is:

Valdes

Juanfran - Mascherano - Pepe - Alba

Song

Jesus Navas - Pedro

Ozil

Soldado - Benzema

That works pretty well for me, I've won Div 1 twice now. But I can relate to what you mentioned about it being impossible to score sometimes. You just have one of those games now and again where it's ridiculously hard to score and the opposition scores at will.

Also noticed the lag thing that someone else mentioned earlier. I'd never heard of one before but my mate says that people use "lag switches" i.e. to initiate lag whenever they like (when you're about to have a chance), then turn it off when they like. Didn't quite believe him but after a quick search it appears that there might be some truth to it...

Also noticed the lag thing that someone else mentioned earlier. I'd never heard of one before but my mate says that people use "lag switches" i.e. to initiate lag whenever they like (when you're about to have a chance), then turn it off when they like. Didn't quite believe him but after a quick search it appears that there might be some truth to it...

Its been possible for a long time :)

Its just a case of bombarding the other users connection with packets(data), all the extra work causes your router/hub to essentially struggle and you experience the lag. They of course don't as they are only send data en masse, not receiving.

If you got space for one more I'd be interested.

I've only just joined up on the forums as I generally just used to read peoples reactions to games however I came across this and thought it'd be worth signing up :)

I used to play with my mates on PS3 but since saw the light and ditched my PS3 for a 360. I usually just play Online Seasons as and when but interested to play Pro Clubs with a decent bunch instead of the useless 'run the pitch' muppets you get in free for alls.

Let me know if you got space :)

Yeah we should have some spots left, maybe in CM..

Yeah we should have some spots left, maybe in CM..

Sounds good bud, thats where I prefer to play anyway. Box to Box (When the VP stats are up but increasing them is a pain on Free For Alls)

My Gamertag is OlympicSlagbag :)

I've done a La Liga team, I'd recommend Pepe over Pique. Benzema would be my first choice for strikers, can get him for less than Falcao. My current team is:

Valdes

Juanfran - Mascherano - Pepe - Alba

Song

Jesus Navas - Pedro

Ozil

Soldado - Benzema

That works pretty well for me, I've won Div 1 twice now. But I can relate to what you mentioned about it being impossible to score sometimes. You just have one of those games now and again where it's ridiculously hard to score and the opposition scores at will.

Thanks, that'll help. I'm loath to buy Pepe ahead of Piqué (I follow Barcelona, and Pepe is a prick!) but it may work out better for me. Benzema seems to be quite a bit more expensive than Falcao from what I can see, though?

Considering switching formation, although my current choice, 3-4-1-2, hasn't been too bad for me thus far. I'd like to go 4-1-2-1-2 or something similar, but obviously getting players to fit into these formations is expensive, and I don't really have the coins to mess around with that. Going to play around a little with custom tactics to see if this can help.

Â