Argentina 4-3 Brazil (friendly)

The_Rev

All the goals

Wish I'd have watched this instead of Germany vs Portugal. The lead changed four times, Leo Messi bagged a hat trick including a quite delicious winner five minutes from time. Great stuff. :nod:

Watched the replay this morning. Good game for the most part, slightly marred by some horrible periods of play that were filled with continuous fouling for 5-10 mins, and the mini-brawl at the end. But damn man that 3rd Messi goal. The speed he was moving at with the ball, any mere mortal wouldbe smashed that ball out of the stadium. To just stroke it like he did though, so perfectly. Some player.

I think I remember hearing that the Brazil team that played in this game is the team that they are sending to the olympics.

You are correct, every Brazil international this summer has been their Olympic team (U23 players + Hulk, Thiago Silva and Jefferson who's a goal keeper).

They play their friendlies as official international games though.

edit - hm i see luiz is there as well now, I think he'd count as overage player as wel, not sure if he'll go to the Olympic and who'd they drop. Maybe Jefferson will be dropped after the good performance from Rafael (Santos) recently

That little Brazil-zil-zil-zil thing that plays after the goals would make a great text message alert.

It's some TV station, they have been playing it after goals for years. I remember seeing it on Saint & Greavsie when I was just a kid.

You can get a version of it here if you want. If you have an Android phone then just search for "Goalzo de Brasil" in the Zedge app and you will find it.

Â