Hopes and Expectations for Next Season

Condimentalist

Few things;

- first stage of remoulding the squad, i.e getting rid of dead wood & bringing in a few young squad players and some not too old yet experienced heads.

- decent style of football

- mid table finish, aiming for higher so soon will add unnecessary pressure imo

- stability

Would be nice to rock up anywhere again knowing we are capable of taking points

Mon achieved this

We need to get back to a side nobody wants to play

That's true, but under MON out away form was exceptionally good because of the way he set us up. Home form wasn't so great (still miles better than McCrap though). Hopefully Lambert can set us up to be strong at home and be able to break teams down. That's something we haven't seen for quite a while.

For those of you hoping for/expecting a good cup run though you may well be sorely disappointed. We did nothing in the cups under lambert and he often put out weakened teams. In fact last season he htrew away one of our best chances of getting to wembley for ages when in the last 16 he put out a weakened team and we lost at home to Leicester. He doesn't care about the Cup. Whether or not that changes with you remains to be seen of course.
I'm not surprised. Lambert would've been focusing solely on survival. I think he might give the cups a bit more attention with us. We haven't won anything for ages.

Top 10 for me.

It's not impossible, we were in the top 10 at times under McLeish ffs until the slide began at the start of February.

Can see us having really good start and then tailing off a fair bit, like in MON's first season.

One thing I would like to see is to correct the home form. Only once in the last 10 years have we won as many as ten home games in a league season, we've been dreadful at VP for too long so I'd love Lambert to come in and make it a fortress.

After the gutless negative tripe served up under Houllier and McLeish over the last two years it will be good to see us go into games where our first thought is to win and simply not to lose. That alone will have a massive impact on the atmosphere especially at VP.

I can see us having a real go at everyone we face and taking a couple of unexpected scalps.

Hopefully Lambert is given the backing he'll need, which is at least 20 mill plus what he can generate himself. If he is then if we can get a decent start, some real momentum going with VP rocking then I expect us to be in the top 10 this season then push on again from there.

Â