Hopes and Expectations for Next Season

Condimentalist

I want to see the start of a plan being put in place. Something that shows we're heading in the right direction. I want to see a progression on the field. Let's face it, that won't be hard. Obviously I don't want to be worrying about relegation. But I honestly think Lambert will get us top half in his sleep. I'd be surprised if we finished lower than 10th. Though having said that, it's not all about the league position next season. As long as it's there or thereabouts then that's fine as long as the other stuff is being put in place. I just want to see more focus and evidence of more ability at the helm from everyone at the club. And I'm confident that will be the case.

Oh and the FA Cup please if possible :mrgreen:

I hope for top 6, expect top 10...a couple of decent cup runs and a few fresh faces to go along with a more positive style of play...

The dread and despair is lifted, so things are already going better

UTV

First season i would hope to be within the top 10 with new blood and still retain our promising youngsters, 2013/14 back to normal and challenging for Europe but above all else "To be the best team from the Midlands and above Liverpool". I dont think that is much to expect and achievable.

To the chap that was talking about turning the wins to draws, whos to say that by going gung-ho and chasing the win rather than settling for the draw, we wont lose 6 more games through being exposed at the back? There's always a flip side.

My hopes for the season are an exciting transfer window, big crowds at the villa again, a top 10 finish and a semi final possibly further.

My more realistic expectations are a finish between 12-14th, which is a marked improvement on last season. Especially if the attractive football is there too. Then hopefully push on from there

I hope for top 6, expect top 10...a couple of decent cup runs and a few fresh faces to go along with a more positive style of play...

The dread and despair is lifted, so things are already going better

UTV

You have saved me typing this very same thing. :o

I thought Lambert handled the question of a hope for next season well when they put it to him. He did say that within himself he has an idea of what he'd like to achieve, but he wouldn't share it.

He certainly seems like a keen student of the game, and a person who will look deep into what needs to be done all over the pitch to beat a particular opponent.

With sensible backing I definitely think Lambert could get us challenging, at least for a big part of next season, with Everton, Newcastle and possibly Liverpool.

My main hope for his whole reign is to finally win something, most likely the Carling Cup. There's no reason why we can't get close to doing that next season.

I am looking forward to watching positive football and scoring from a corner.More wins at home would be nice and a mid table finish.

I think I am going to be 100% satisfied.

Top half should be the aim this season, last season it was midtable wether it being top half or bottom half. Also I want us to almost double the amount if wins.

I would like not to cringe at every lineup release and conceded corner. To enjoy watching and supporting the team. Midtable is expected but I've got hopes of top half.

No Targets

good football and a fierce competitive edge.

that will do for starters and we will see where that takes us.

slowly, slowly catch a monkey.

To actually get excited about going to Villa Park again. Even against lower opposition last season you knew it was going to be a struggle.

Every game I went thinking " we've got no chance ".

If we can play some exciting football again that would be fantastic but the main thing is going to Villa Park expecting a win.

Totally agree, the mood at Villa Park last year was hardly ever one of expectation!

The draw with Spurs at home, with the surprise and relief attached to the result, was possibly one of my home highlights! :(

Looking forward to seeing players with a bit of fire in their bellies next season. :D

Totally agree, the mood at Villa Park last year was hardly ever one of expectation!

The draw with Spurs at home, with the surprise and relief attached to the result, was possibly one of my home highlights! :(

Looking forward to seeing players with a bit of fire in their bellies next season. :D

Home highlight surely has to be Fulham 1-0, as dire as it was, winning a game in the last few seconds is the best feeling ;)

it all depends on how we're going to go about getting improvements and results...

if randy backs lambert heavily in the transfer market and we get plenty of quality in and the problem players out of the door. then we should be expecting challengin fo rthe top 6 again next year (given that PL will have created "his" villa pretty quickly in terms of playing staff).

what i'd actually like to see is us playing good football with our youngsters on the pitch, finishing mid table pref top half. with PL instilling a good football style and team spirit into a core of players that have claret and bllue blood. then next summer he'd have a very good idea about where we need to strengthen the squad plus more of the big contracts will have finished.

what i expect is a bit of a mixture of the two to be honest with a top half finish. that wouldn't be bad either!

basically losing the sense of impending doom every time we have a fixture to play is all i ask for ;)

Entertaining football, playing for victory, Carruthers getting a few matches.

Get rid of the deadwood. Villa park to sound like something else then a mausoleum.( I just watch the matches at tv so might just be the microphone setup, but the atmosphere seemed dire last season). Would be very pleased with 10th or higher. 15th as a minimum.

Â