Hopes and Expectations for Next Season

Condimentalist

to actually try and score more than 1 goal in a game and not try to defend 1 goal if we score it,

to actually give a team a drubbing - i dont care who but to win by 3 goals or more just once.

to be dangerous at set plays again.

to be able to have pride in the team and win or loose know they have given their all.

My main hopes / expectations are to be able to reconnect with the club and enjoy supporting villa again. In terms of league positions etc, I don't want to have to worry about relegation into april. I don't think I will be either.

My expectations are probably lower than most others... I'd accept 12th position. This season is definitely a transitional season (don't you hate that expression!?), similar to the last 2, however this time we will be transitioning upwards rather than backwards...

Regardless of the playing staff this is what i would like to see this season:

1. Pass and move - players always having an option to pass to

2. Our defenders don't shit their pants and have to make last ditch tackles or lunge in

3. Be able to defend crosses

4. Support the front man - always having people in the box

5. Attacking a corner or set piece and actually scoring from one

6. Better crossing from the wide men (the amount of over hit crosses last year was painful to watch)

7. A feeling that playing at home is actually an advantage for us rather than a disadvantage

If Lambert doesn't sign anybody i would be happy with a 10th - 12th place finish

If he is backed to a decent degree then i would hope he might be able to push for 7th but i certainly would not be calling for his head if this wasn't the case.....

he deserves our support and patience and i'm 90% he will get it for the next 3 years unless something goes badly badly wrong

My main hopes / expectations are to be able to reconnect with the club and enjoy supporting villa again. In terms of league positions etc, I don't want to have to worry about relegation into april. I don't think I will be either.
Yes, that's mine, too.

As it stands now i expect us to struggle but hope we won't.

If Lambert is given some money and spends it smart i hope and expect us to finish somewhere between 9-13

Top ten finish; 1 cup run at least; improved quality of football (virtually guaranteed); youth to be tried, tested, assessed and, if necessary, dispatched once and for all; and the remaining dross (Hutton, Warnock Dunce in particular) to follow Heskey out the door and be replaced by credible alternatives

I expect to see the game of at least a few of the players hugely improved. Also, the team as a whole I expect to see playing with a lot more sense of purpose and self-belief. This is the most important as it really hurts to see players having wast amounts of potential not getting any release.

If these prerequisites are met, the results will come. As such, for me every spot above the relegation line is a bonus. I'm quite sure to be positively surprised. :)

Pretty much all of our players have room for improvement based on last seasons performances

By just getting that extra 20% and a better set up should see us up to about 12th without batting an eyelid

Â