General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Yes please. It's always been a 'what if' in regards to GH. And hearing Cabaye was on his radar, with him quite possibly choosing us over Newcastle at time, would not turn my nose up at him being a DOF if that's the calibre of player being sought out.

Pete Colley has just tweeted (I know) that he's spoken to Faulkner who told him tomorrow will be a serious days business in the search.
What's that supposed to mean?

Coming out of Pete Colleys mouth could mean anything, suppose he was trying to say we might see movement tomorrow.

Pete Colley has just tweeted (I know) that he's spoken to Faulkner who told him tomorrow will be a serious days business in the search.

Faulkner is going to buy a copy of Match magazine to research and draw up a short list.

Bruce Rioch will be backed into fave

KKFootball‏@KKFootball1

@jon_snowdon @mini_beest @Agent_ITK Lambert or AVB is still my understanding.

This guy and agent ITK say Lambert. They're usually right...

They are full of shit.

KKFootball‏@KKFootball1

There are full of shit.

To be fair to that KKFootball if you check his timeline before the Bolton game he was saying he thought McLeish would be at Villa Park next season, then after the Bolton game he kept saying he is off. This also coincides with what Faulkner said in his interview that after the Bolton game they made their mind up.

Since we're talking about DOFs, what about Houllier?

No thank you.

Seriously? His arm seemed to reach a lot further than Martin's and, despite the fact his management didn't work out that great for us, he clearly had the contacts. I think it would be very beneficial. Having Uncle Ged would be better than Graham Taylor IMO.

I would be surprised if Liverpools search for a manager includes our potential shortlist.

Liverpool have the same problem as Chelsea ... senior players with huge egos. A Martinez/Lambert/Rodgers type manager would suffer from the same reception as Hodgson. Pools fans also have huge egos and would not willingly except anyone who wasn't a big name.

Villa, have now shifted most of our "big ego" players with the remaining two or three on borrowed time. Villa fans have adjusted our egos, and are now much more realistic about our immediate aims.

The next 48 hours may well give us an indication of our intentions, as the current media frenzy focuses a couple of American chairman on the task of making the right appointment without any unnecessary delay.

KKFootball‏@KKFootball1

There are full of shit.

To be fair to that KKFootball if you check his timeline before the Bolton game he was saying he thought McLeish would be at Villa Park next season, then after the Bolton game he kept saying he is off. This also coincides with what Faulkner said in his interview that after the Bolton game they made their mind up.

It don't take a genius to guess. Mcleish was favourite with most bookies to get the sack first. All he had to do was look at the situation and guess and get lucky. They then claim ITK.

I know this is off-topic but is anyone suddenly seeing certain words underlined in red and then having ads pop up when you hover over them? This is only happening on VT for me and nowhere else.

I know this is off-topic but is anyone suddenly seeing certain words underlined in red and then having ads pop up when you hover over them?

Ah yes !

I quickly scribbled then all down - and tried decoding them - thinking it would reveal the name of our next manager ....but only got gllloooplumpoomogin ?

and i don't wont him !