Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Matty Taylor would be nice, also spell the end for Bouma as a first teamer, i think.

MON up until 4 weeks ago im sure would have been looking at a replacement but Bouma's current form may have made it less of a priority.

Centre Midfield is now a priority imo. I believe 4-3-3 is back on the cards too. Hence MON liking of our young CM's and the releasing of Whits and Hendrie.

Taylor is a non starter since his 5 goals in 4 games to be honest, he just wouldn't represent value for money.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honest to god, was up at Villa Park today getting my West Ham tickets and myself and my m8, saw Matty Taylor of Portsmouth driving out of Villa in his Range Rover, dont be suprised if this is on SSN today because it was him for definite.

This would be a great buy IMO, why else would he be at the Villa!

For what it's worth, Taylor does have a range rover. He lives near me, and my missus knows his wife.

What about Morten Gamst Pedersen. Definitely among the best left wingers in the league and Blackburn's star player. With him on the left and Young on the right our wings would be sorted. I reckon a cheeky £8m summer bid for him would be just the ticket :)

It definitely won't be Reyna... he is signing for New York Red Bulls today.

I know this has been mentioned before, but I tell you who I would sign: Kieran Richardson.

He is doing bugger all at United and needs a chance to prove himself. He is young, pacy and needs to be playing if he wants to get in the England team.

Never rated him, never impressed me when i've seen him play.

we could have had him on the cheap a few years ago look here

Clicky

O'LEARY EYES NEW SWOOP

Sunday 23 May 2004

Aston Villa manager David O'Leary is stepping up his bid to further strengthen his squad after completing the £3million signing of AC Milan central defender Martin Laursen.

O'Leary is understood to be targeting a £2million swoop for Norwegian winger Morten Gamst Pedersen. Villa watched the 22-year-old, also being linked with Manchester United and Blackburn, in action for Tromso against Molde on Thursday.

Pedersen has just broken into his national side, helping Norway to a 4-1 win over Northern Ireland in February and has been recommended by Villa's chief scout Ian Broomfield. O'Leary has spent around half of his summer budget on Laursen and has spelt out the need to bring in at least four players to bolster one of the smallest squads in the Barclaycard Premiership.

He has halved the club's wage bill since replacing Graham Taylor in the Villa hotseat 12 months ago with 14 players having departed. PSV Eindhoven midfielder Marc Van Bommel remains a target for O'Leary, who is also investigating the possibility of signing Chelsea defender Robert Huth on a season-long loan.

O'Leary said: "I don't watch players at international tournaments. I know the players I want and I've given the list to the club. Now let the club go and get them.

"The danger of signing players on the evidence of what they have done at tournaments is that they might have the best three weeks of their lives and never be able to repeat that form. I'd like to keep an eye on my targets to see what they can do over a period of time - like I did with Gavin McCann and Thomas Sorensen before we signed them from Sunderland."

Don't know why, no inside info etc, just a gut feeling, but I think Sidwell will join in next few days, may even be at press conference tommorrow. Just a hunch, not seen him driving in/out of anywhere, not spoke to him on the phone, and my cousins mate doesn't work for Reading, just a hunch. If/when I'm wrong...bite me.