OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Diop ready to play

By Alex Livie - Created on 23 Jan 2007

Papa Bouba Diop would appear to be close to finalising an exit from Fulham and his agent has revealed the midfielder is desperate to get his career back on track.

The Senegal star has been a key figure for Fulham in recent seasons, but he has slipped down the pecking after picking up a couple of injuries.

Wigan have had a bid accepted for the midfield powerhouse and Bouba Diop is currently mulling over his options.

A number of other clubs are considering tabling offers for the 28-year-old and Craig Hutchinson says the midfielder is desperate to return to regular action.

"He's fit and he's ready to play," Hutchinson told skysports.com. "He's not fully fit in terms of match fitness, but he is about two weeks away and ready to start."

Diop's injury problems have been a cause of concern for Fulham this term, but Hutchinson says his client will have no problems negotiating a medical.

"A medical will not be a concern," added Hutchinson. "As I have said, he is two weeks away from match fitness and he cannot wait to get started.

"He just wants to be playing first-team football again and that has been hard at Fulham and the time is probably right for him to move on."

Clicky

I hope we try and hijack the Wigan deal because this guy is too good to be playing for Wigan, when fit he is an awesome holing playing.

A waste if we don't even try.

Diop, has shown alot of ability. Something about him strikes me as being similar to Amdy Faye when Portsmouth first signed him. Linked with Arsenal then disappeared into obscurity. Why would Fulham get rid of him otherwise?

Riquelme - Great at being a big fish in a small pond but not so good when he played in a in a team of stars at Barcelona (some would say they didn't give him much of a chance mind you). A team of stars, oh...

And then this

riqelme is too slow for the Premiership....his distribution is brilliant...but he's just too bloody slow
which I agree with. He is a marvellous passer of a ball but...

What's all this SWP shite coming up again? We went for Young after failing to get SWP, we now have a great player in Ashley who can only get better with the manager we have. We need to go now for a central midfielder, another striker I think and another defender.

Nigel Reo Cocker's agent was interviewed on SSN not so long ago and he had been in a meeting with the board, executives and manager.

He commented that NRC will give his all for wham for the remaining 14 games and then see where they stand in the summer. He was asked if it was posible people might come in for him now and he said it was possible but he doesnt know wham's stance on that.

We should try and sign this guy, he is a great player and would be a brilliant adition to ouur central midfield! Go get him MON!

We need a couple more to push up way up that table, i think a McCann replacement is a must, he can tackle and gets stuck in, but unfortunatly couldnt pass the salt. NRC or Joey Barton could take his place, as they both have teh bite, but have a lot lot more creativity.

More like Ian Taylor was for us!