Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

theres another thread on that forum..

"It's a done deal for Richard Stearman who wiil sign for Villa in Jan for a big fee (£1.5m or thereabouts). MON wiil be pleased with Stearmans performance last night against Villa."

FAO Patrickcousins:

It seems our discussion on Balde specifically was a bit premature! According to the BBC gossip column- Bobo Balde says he would rather stay on the bench at Celtic than play for Martin O'Neill at Aston Villa (Record).

I still think a back up central defender wouldn't go amiss.

balde dont wanna come. i dont rate him anyway. id be suprised if we got beckham.

who would you rather have becvkham or milner. i think ill take milner due him being younger

Beckham and day of the week, twice on a sunday. More than just 'on the pitch reasons' reasons. Say hello to our Gullit/Berkamp etc.....

With the money that Beckham would generate for the club it would be like a free transfer, covering his wages as well. (Well, i'm no football financial analyst, so don't quote me on that)

Why *wouldn't* every Villa fan want him at the club?? It's hardly like he's lost his blistering pace from his youth. Ahem ahem

The guy is quality and works his socks off every game. Seems like exactly the type of player that MON rates.

Both Dem, as I believe they can play different roles in the same team (as per my formation above)

Would you keep Barry at left back Richard?

In my formation above I'm afraid I would

However I also wouldn't mind if the midfield 3 were

Barry------------Petrov----------Beckham

ermmm this would be the biggest signing in villas history!

he would bring in £millions to the club (+ good thing)

he would bring media to the club (+ good thing but i think there would be too attention on him and on the club)

he is still a half decent player

I'll bring him if he was going for cheap

who would you rather have becvkham or milner. i think ill take milner due him being younger

why not take my nephew?

he's not much good but he's even younger than milner. :D

i would like beckham, it would announce to the footballing world our intention to be a power, but i don't see it happening really.

milner was a reasonale hardworking player in an underachieving team.

he's not quick, is a poor crosser and not a great shot either.

but he is young and he gives 100 %.

sorry but i want more for the villa

unless MON thinks differently of course :winkold:

How surrealistic would it be to see no 23 BECKHAM in a Villa-shirt on the pitch? To me it would be harder to understand than both Randy and MON. Not that he would be better for us than any of them are, but if we signed him now in january that would really show we mean business and would easily be the biggest star we ever have signed. Not the best, but the biggest. That would turn the attention of the last few not looking our way to us. Once and for all. Still doubt it'll happen, though.

How surrealistic would it be to see no 23 BECKHAM in a Villa-shirt on the pitch? To me it would be harder to understand than both Randy and MON. Not that he would be better for us than any of them are, but if we signed him now in january that would really show we mean business and would easily be the biggest star we ever have signed. Not the best, but the biggest. That would turn the attention of the last few not looking our way to us. Once and for all. Still doubt it'll happen, though.

he's a hard working mother **** as well

ps - dont give a shit what mr steve 'up my own arse' mclaren thinks of him anyway

he's a hard working mother **** as well

ps - dont give a shit what mr steve 'up my own arse' mclaren thinks of him anyway

Agreed. Even though he's not as good as he once was, but still very good IMO. One of my favourite players actually and I'd love to see him at Villa just because of that. Would be my absolute favourite signing ever.