Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

But we don't need another centre half Rich and it would be (IMO) detremental to Cahill's progress.

I'm going to suggest some realistic signings because it's fun.

LB - Bridge (£5-6million) or Chiellini (£4-5million) or Baines (£5-6million)

RB - Young (£5-6million) or Volz (£4-5million)

LM - Richardson (£4-5million) or Boa Morte (£5-6million)

RM - Milner (£4-5million) or SWP (£8-10million)

ST - Huntelaar (£7-8million) or Ashton (£10-12million)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But we don't need another centre half Rich and it would be (IMO) detremental to Cahill's progress.

Where does Barry fit into this if you want a new LB and LM?

And Huntelaar is more £18-£20 million than £7-£8 million.

- SWP may not be available. But he might. He isn't playing regularly and at some he's going to say 'enough is enough'. Cole and Robben can both play on either flank - particularly Cole is not impartial to a bit of right wing action [awaits Thatcher jokes] and Kalou can also play there. And at the moment, they're not even playing a formation that requires the wingers.

- Barry fits into the first team whoever we bring in. I'm not suggesting we sign ALL of those players but I think they are the positions that need to be addressed. Just because a player is brought in doesn't mean he'll walk straight into the first 11.

- I don't think Huntelaar holds anything near the value of £18-20million. OK perhaps £7-8 million is a little optimistic but he I doubt he'd cost more than £12million.

- I don't think Huntelaar holds anything near the value of £18-20million. OK perhaps £7-8 million is a little optimistic but he I doubt he'd cost more than £12million.

Ajax will see him as PSV saw Van Nistelrooy. And rightly so.

Volz? You must be having a laught, he isn't even better than Delaney!!! Where's the ambition?

Huntelaar at 7M? Try 17M to United as a straight replacement for RvN.

Not that Farfan would be my top choice striker to go after but he'd be "another striker" to go after. The "first"... Klose, Koller

Speaking of German internationals.. one player that really impressed me during the World Cup... Philip Lahm.. he'd look awesome racing down the left flank at Villa Park.

As for SWP.. sorry dont rate him that much.

Hi all,

first time post - long time reader

anyway...

Huntelaar would be an awesome signing, but can we compete with the big boys of Europe? Doubtful.

My suggestion would be Jefferson Farfan from PSV. He's a very skillful left wing / striker who plays in the same role as Agbonlahor (but on the left). Great cross, plenty of pace, top finisher and very creative. He could fit in great into a 433 with Moore or Angel in the centre with Farfan and Gabby on the wings.

If we agree that Gabby probably won't play all season out on the right, then we could play Farfan there because he's right footed. Otherwise, Milner or SWP would be top players to get in that position.

Another improvement I'd like to see would be right back. We really need some quality there as Hughes is only average. Daniel Alves is unlikely as we can't attract that sort of quality, but Luke Young or Micah Richards would probably be interested. Maybe Darijo Srna aswell.

Finally, a new defensive midfielder to compete with McCann would be excellent. DJ-DJ is obviously not up to the standard. My choice would be Nigel De Jong - another young, up and coming gem from Holland.

Thoughts?