Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Great goal but still very boring and dull from us. No tempo in our play whatsoever- a trait in all Mcleish teams which is they are always involved in the boringest matches.

We need another goal to win- stoke will force a goal in.

I think they'll try and get Lichaj sent off so he needs to be careful and he needs support i think 2nd half.. I think someone like Johnson would be perfect here in my opinion, he will always look for space and pick out a pass and can run through midfield and has some pace, also quite tall-ish too.

our midfield looks like its over 100 years old - my dead granny moves more

if we had anyone with half a brain in midfield we'd be doing a lot better with ball retention but they are all happy to stroll along besode a stoke player and not make themselves available for a pass

also shay has been awful tonight - could not catch a cold!

ireland is miles ahead of everyone else on the pitch, the problem is that he's so far ahead of the rest he's usually ineffective. stick another smart player in there with him and we're looking a lot better

really frustrating to see so little movement and desire out of our midfield - i think def bring off bannan as he is getting bullied too easily

Given is having a mare - looks petrified of the stoke players and allergic to catching the ball

warnock is spending more time at left back than left midfield and his passing has been dire

baker looks petrified too and his passing is also dire

McCleish needs to instill some confidence into these guys as they are on empty at the moment

Why is Ireland playing so deep?? Unless we get N'Zogbia comes on Ireland is the only player who is going to do any damage to this Stoke team, as shown with the goal, so why is he sitting in front of the back 4??

If rooney or van persie scored that goal the red top journos would be wanking into there hacked phones.

our midfield looks like its over 100 years old - my dead granny moves more

if we had anyone with half a brain in midfield we'd be doing a lot better with ball retention but they are all happy to stroll along besode a stoke player and not make themselves available for a pass

also shay has been awful tonight - could not catch a cold!

ireland is miles ahead of everyone else on the pitch, the problem is that he's so far ahead of the rest he's usually ineffective. stick another smart player in there with him and we're looking a lot better

in fairness ireland is a guilty of a lack of movement as anyone else. everytime herd pick up the ball from the defence ireland is either our furthest layer forward so we cant pass to him or is standing beside a stoke player so he cant recieve the ball and is genmerally strolling around looking not bothered.

they all need to realise that we are in a fight here and just strolling around waiting for the ball to miraculously appear in the net just isnt good enough

One sexy goal. Is Dean Sturridge a Villa fan? He loved it

Not sure about dean but Daniel sturridge is, they are related ( unsure what relation ) so there is a chance

Dean Sturridge was so enthusiastic about that goal and Weimann in general I thought we might have found SGC's real life identity.

It's not the first time I have heard him co-commentate one of our games. He has been overly positive towards us on each occasion. Not that I'm complaining of course.