Contracts..

dudevillaisnice

Aston Villa will not hold further talks with any of their soon to be out-of-contract players until the summer.

Villa have a number of their squad whose contracts are due to expire at the end of the season.

The likes of Emile Heskey, Carlos Cuellar and Brad Guzan are amongst those out-of-contract, but Villa assistant Peter Grant says they will be waiting until the summer for talks.

"The gaffer (Alex McLeish) has said he would rather put all these talks back until the season ends," said Grant.

"Alex has always been one of those guys who prefers to do his business at the end of the season. He knows the most important thing is Villa winning games.

"His thinking is 'I'd rather leave it as much as I possibly can' and I think the players we are working with understand that."

http://tinyurl.com/bqhzl2b

IF you ask me I don't see any of those being renewed..

It's not going to be Cuellar as he's moving to Valencia if rumours are true.. It's not going to be Guzan as he's going to want first team football now and fortunately age is on our side with Heskey at 34 I don't see McLeish jumping for it. He plays Heskey now because he's around but given a choice he'd want Bas Dost or Olivier Giroud..

Cuellar to valencia

Guzan to another prem side good enough for the lower table sides can't see him getting ahead of Given

Heskey to the knackers yard to be put down

Squad needs a complete overhaul in the summer

This smacks of 'we might get relegated and be lumbered with players on big fat wages that we can't sustain so I'll wait for a few months'!

Meanwhile anyone worth keeping (and I don't include Heskey here) will have already sorted themselves out by the time McLeish bothers to talk to them.

A really positive take on this would be the board told him he can't renew contracts as that will be a decision for the new villa manager!

And the award for 'Positive Thought of the Day' goes to.......Villastine!!!!!

"Alex has always been one of those guys who prefers to do his business at the end of the season. He knows the most important thing is Villa winning games."

Soooo we've signed Holman now because....

Â