The NFL Draft

Broncos get CB Omar Bolden, ASU. Also a bigtime returner, 17 KO returns, 2TDs as junior, didn't play last year. Was considered top CB in country going into last year, but tore his left ACL and missed season. Sounds like might be good value.

Was considered top CB in country going into last year, but tore his left ACL and missed season. Sounds like might be good value.

If he can stay fit.

Got a RB too, small guy called Ronnie Hilman. Apparently he is fast and can break explosive long plays. Compared to Darren Sproles by John Fox.

I'm happy with our draft tbh. We traded out of the first and got an extra pick, and still got Upshaw. We've got a solid guard and potential future centre, we got Tommy Streeter in the 6th, could turn out to be a steal!

You need somebody to throw the ball first!

I thought WR was a cert pick for 2nd round for Browns, after they had picked their QB, as there were a number of highly rated WR's available.

Anyway they look like they might have picked up some nice prospects in the later rounds but this draft will be judged on Richardson and Weedon....

because they traded 3 picks to move up just one place in order to draft him. That's a lot to give up in order to move up from 4th to 3rd position.

Crazy decision to be honest. I think the Vikes were always going to stay and take Kalil at 3. No need to panic and make the trade.

because they traded 3 picks to move up just one place in order to draft him. That's a lot to give up in order to move up from 4th to 3rd position.

Crazy decision to be honest. I think the Vikes were always going to stay and take Kalil at 3. No need to panic and make the trade.

I thought the Browns only moved up because they thought that Tampa were going to trade and take Richardson? Well played by the Vikes tbh.

I thought the Browns only moved up because they thought that Tampa were going to trade and take Richardson? Well played by the Vikes tbh.

Vikes: "Tampa are sniffing around our number 3 pick, they want Richardson."

Browns: "That's fine, We're taking Kalil at 4 anyway."

Problem solved.

(Yes I am available for hire as a GM [$2m per year min.])

Vikes had an offer on the table for sure. Tampa would never confirm after the fact because who wants to tell their 1st round you wish they were someone else? The minute cleveland took Richardson Tampa traded back (their guy off the board), and also traded up into the first round to get the second best RB. Not to mention Browns and Vikes GMs are friends and both said that in general GMs don't straight up lie about these things.

also, the Browns only gave up a 4/5/7 to move up to guarantee they get their man. they had 2 fourths, 2 fifths, and a 3 sevens.

The only concern about weeden I have is that there really is no margin for error. He has to be the man right now. You can't sit him for two years to develop. He needs to be fully a fully developed QB by year three, not ready to come off the bench for games in year three. But if they thought he was worth it, he certainly is a bigger, better thrower than Colt (who btw was never the answer, nor did the team think he was - 3rd rounder they never expected to play).

OK, the Browns gave up three picks, as has been established in the previous post. Heres the thing: I live outside of Tampa now. All I heard on the radio and from the Tampa fans(the day before and the day OF the draft) was, "Boy, how great would it be to get Richardson?" The threat of them trading with Minnesota to get Richardson was very real. And then what would have happened? People would have MARCHED on Browns headquarters! It would have been like "Frankenstein" with the villagers with torches and pitchforks and clubs! So what, they gave up a 4th, 5th and 7th. Big deal. Chances are, at those spots, its a minor miracle if they make the roster anyways. And if the guy you want is there, then you do what ever it TAKES to get him. Period. They won too many games to get Luck. They got screwed on the RGIII deal(according to Browns President Mike Holmgren). They could not get any interest from the top Free Agents. They didnt want to get jammed up again.

Now, Colt McCoy. I dont know what the heck is going on with him. The day of the draft, Browns GM Tom Heckert says, and I quote, "Weeden is our QB moving forward." Ok. Then Holmgren comes out THE NEXT DAY and says, "Colt will get a chance to compete for the starting job." So, if Colt wins the job, which I doubt he will(even if he does, wink, wink) they will have blown a first round pick on a QB that cant beat out a THIRD round pick. Well THATS not going to look to good on their(Holmgren, Heckert and Shurmurs) resumes, will it? And dont forget, McCoy has already played in this league WITH this system and this team. He, theoretically, should get better. So who knows. I think they have been trying to deal him, but everybody knows they arent going to keep him as a backup, especially since Holmgrens illegitimate son Seneca Wallace, just signed a new deal for 6 million last year.

Yeah. Exactly, Tegis.

And now he comes out and says he will be glad to help out Weeden but would not extend the same courtesy to Colt McCoy. When asked why, he replied, "Because Weeden is a first round pick. Me and Colt were competing for the starting job."

Â