Baseball 2012

maqroll

Well, a very disappointing season for the second year in a row for red sox nation. Feel we're going in the right direction though by dumping masses off the wage bill. Hopefully we can concentrate on drafting well and producing our own talent instead of waving huge bag's of money in free agent's face's.

We need player's like Lester, Pedroia, Ellsbury and Middlebrooke's. Look's promising with Lavarnway, Barne's and Bogaert's hopefully stepping up in the next season or two.

If Philly get in now, it's proof that if there is a God, he hates Mets fans!

They have 8 of their 11 games against Washington and Atlanta, while the teams above them all have 2 series against 2 of San Diego/Colorado/Chi Cubs/Houston. Surely all those teams can't **** about against the leagues worst AND Philly beat the leagues best whilst being a few games behind to start with!?

Obviously there's bias from me, but Dickey has games where he's lost a win simply because our pen is that bad.

Gio has 13 games of 7+ run from his offense which is incredible, especially when Dickey has only had 6 games with that support. On average, he gets nearly a run a game more, which is a big factor.

You can't say Gio isn't a worthy winner since he's been great. But it would be wrong not to give it to Dickey at this point.

I agree, my vote would go to Dickey, and I have a feeling most writers will vote for him too; for the reasons you stated, and the fact that he's a chubby old journeyman who throws a gimmick pitch.

If Cabrera can fend off Hamilton tonight in the Home Run column, he'll be the first Triple Crown winner since Yaz in 1967. An amazing feat if he does it. As a Red Sox fan, I hope Hamilton hits 2 HR's!

Come on, Josh!!! :lol:

The Orioles are like the Coventry City of baseball...I hate them, but they've been so sh*t for so long, I can't help but feel happy for the few thousand fans that stuck with the club for the last 25 years...and of course I'll be rooting for them against New Yorkchester United.

Â