Relegation - Merged

Amo69

agreed.

whilst its tempting to place money on us, pretty much anytime I do the predictor we're staying up. We are not going to lose every game

Really???

I can see us losing every game quite easily.

To be honest if anybody deserves to down from this league its wolves and villa. both played terrible football all season and the leadership from both boards has been dreadful.

Villa at the moment are too much of an embarrassment to represent the english premier league.

the whole club is a joke from top to bottom.

The obvious link between Villa and Wolves is the woeful management and poor coaching. Neither Steve Morgan or Randy Lerner have covered themselves in glory either! Wolves will go down, but Villa might well survive due to the daunting remaining matches of a couple of lower clubs.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found a table from mid April last year.

After 32 games, Birmingham City had 38 points and were 15th, and the gap to the 18th place team was 5 points (Blackpool).

They finished the season with 39 points and in 18th place.

Very worrying from our point of view.

So basically after the next 2 games, we will have played 32 games, and that gap will be similar to the teams in the drop zone (about 5 points) but we probably wont have as many points as they had at the same point. :shock: :shock:

The saving grace is that Brum City got 1 point from the final 5 or 6 games. I think we can do better then that.

2nd April 2011

So whats changed in a year apart from we have a worse squad and hardly any money, yet somehow we have not gone backwards yet

i think quite a bit, last year i still believed we could beat teams, under last years regime i wouldnt look at the liverpool game and expect us to go there looking for a draw whereas this year i do

strange to think that with our last 2 fixtures last season i didnt really worry about it whereas this year i look at stoke, sunderland and bolton at home and then baggies and norwich away and think we'll scrape 4/5 points from that

After 32 games, Birmingham City had 38 points and were 15th, and the gap to the 18th place team was 5 points (Blackpool).

So basically after the next 2 games, we will have played 32 games, and that gap will be similar to the teams in the drop zone (about 5 points) but we probably wont have as many points as they had at the same point. :shock: :shock:

The saving grace is that Brum City got 1 point from the final 5 or 6 games. I think we can do better then that.

how will we do better than that????

We will win a game, even if it is only one. And get a draw somewhere even if it is only 1 draw. So 4 points.

We will win a game, even if it is only one. And get a draw somewhere even if it is only 1 draw. So 4 points.

Im predicting we will lose every game, that way if we do get a point or 2 i will be pleasantly suprised.

my biggest fear is we go down and small heath come up. could you imagine it :shock:

2nd April 2011

PL   GD    PTS

14.  Blackburn     31   -12   34

15.  Birmingham    30   -12   34

16.  Aston Villa	31	-14	34

17.  Blackpool     31   -18   33

-----------------------------------------------------

18.  West Ham	   31   -15   32

19.  Wolves	     31   -17   32

20.  Wigan	      31   -22   31
2nd April 2012
                   PL    GD   PTS

14.   West Brom     31   -7    36

15.	Aston Villa	30	-9	 33

16.	Bolton	     30   -24   29

17.	Blackburn     30   -19   28

-----------------------------------------------------

18.	QPR	        31   -19   28

19.	Wigan	      31   -27   28

20.	Wolves	     31   -35   22

So whats changed in a year apart from we have a worse squad and hardly any money, yet somehow we have not gone backwards yet

2 things have struck about this. I am more worried now, then I was then, but last season at this point we were in bigger trouble. Also our run at the end of last season was champions league form, even if it was only 8 games.

The law of averages suggest that we have to pick up some points during our run in. What worries me is that AM/PG managed to bugg*r up the law of averages last season!

if we went in to every game trying to win then i would agree but with us playing every game looking like we are trying not to lose its harder to see it happening

I dont think I am exaggerating when I say that home game against Stoke City on the 9th of April is one of the most important games in the clubs recent history. Lose that and me the optimist we will believe we are going down this season and not next.

I think I have spent more time studying the table in the last few days then at any other time. They are just too close for comfort. Its like a kids nightmare when a monster is chasing you and you keep looking over your shoulder to see if it is getting closer.

Of course we've gone backwards. We finished 9th last season. I know this season isn't over yet but I don't think we'll get anywhere near 9th. We also have a worse manager, play worse football and have a worse mindset (we try and play for draws far too often).

do any of those out there who go to the games really think that we have it in us to win another game this season? Have we showed that we have fight CONSISTANTLY in a game? Do you think we have a manager who coaching skills apart (or lack of it) has the charisma to gee our team up to fight?

Do we deserve to stay up after this seasons dismal performances?

If we stay up it will be becasue of draws and I for one can not bare t go through another season like this, who the hell would stay or sign for us after this year?

I will take the pain now rather than suffer another year of this, maybe I would change my mind if I knew AM would be sacked or a new owner was in the wings but guys dont kid yourself that it wont be the same set up next season.

I will take them odds!

It's pointless replacing McLeish unless Faulkner is going too

I dread to think who Faulkner would appoint next

We need an experienced director of football urgently

I'd get either Sir Graham in or someone like Kenyon or El Tel

Nero fiddled and Rome burned

This needs addressing as a matter of urgency

Why not one of your previous suggestions for manager, David Platt?

Great player, shit manager and ony his services to Villa stop me being more insulting

Great player, shit manager and ony his services to Villa stop me being more insulting

Agreed.......my post wasn't meant to be serious. I was being mischievous.

I can very much see us losing every game.

Given

Lichaj

Collins

Baker

Warnock

Herd

Ireland

Bannan

Gardner

Weimann

Aggy.

Its a dreadfully weak side and there is nothing to suggest that they are capable of pickin up points. Ok, decent fight back on Saturday, followed by the standard 'bottle it' attitude that has surrounded Villa for years.

Very few goals. Were banking on Weimann scoring because we know the others arent prolific.

Point to me the player whos going to grab this by the scruff of the neck?