Relegation - Merged

Amo69

In goal

At the back

In midfield

& up front

Would that be the same quality that has us at 16th and still falling?

Pernickety point I guess but actually it's 15th and we've been there for some time and can't fall any lower for at least two games.

On 'dodgyknees' table we're 16th!

But on his table the season has ended and we have stayed up! :cheers:

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we were able to get Bent, Petrov and possibly Dunne back (to replace Baker) then i'd be a tad more confident of getting six points. As it is, i can actually see us getting two draws out of our remaining games which simply won't be enough to keep us up especially with the manager we have.

if we get 2 draws, then for us to go down we would need ALL the following to happen:

wigan to get 8 points from chelsea, united, arsenal, fulham, newcastle, blackburn, wolves

qpr to get 8 points from united, swansea, west brom, spurs, chelsea, stoke, city

blackburn to get 8 points from united, west brom, liverpool, swansea, norwich, spurs, wigan, chelsea

bolton to get 7 points from fulham, newcastle, swansea, villa, sunderland, spurs, west brom, stoke

We would need only 3 of those clubs to do those things, not 4.

In goal

At the back

In midfield

& up front

Would that be the same quality that has us at 16th and still falling?

Pernickety point I guess but actually it's 15th and we've been there for some time and can't fall any lower for at least two games.

On 'dodgyknees' table we're 16th!

But on his table the season has ended and we have stayed up! :cheers:

:oops: Ah mate thanks for that.

I hope his table is right. :hooray:

If we were able to get Bent, Petrov and possibly Dunne back (to replace Baker) then i'd be a tad more confident of getting six points. As it is, i can actually see us getting two draws out of our remaining games which simply won't be enough to keep us up especially with the manager we have.

if we get 2 draws, then for us to go down we would need ALL the following to happen:

wigan to get 8 points from chelsea, united, arsenal, fulham, newcastle, blackburn, wolves

qpr to get 8 points from united, swansea, west brom, spurs, chelsea, stoke, city

blackburn to get 8 points from united, west brom, liverpool, swansea, norwich, spurs, wigan, chelsea

bolton to get 7 points from fulham, newcastle, swansea, villa, sunderland, spurs, west brom, stoke

We would need only 3 of those clubs to do those things, not 4.

yeah i noticed that after i'd posted it, still, it's not gonna happen. a win and we're safe

I bet it's not hard to work out a scenario now where we go into the last day of the season with a mathematical chance of going down.

nor is it to work out a scenario where we go into may safe

The sad thing about all this is that relegation really isn't in our hand - we must purely rely on teams below to **** up which we saw today that they have a less tendency of doing so apart from wolves. GEtting out of this shit this year is fine but will endure the same next season if word removed is still in charge

The sad thing about all this is that relegation really isn't in our hand

of course it is. it's very firmly in our own hands. we stay up if we can pick up no fewer than 5 points less than QPR and wigan. that's the very definition of it being in our own hands

I have a feeling the last home game against Spurs will be the game that confirms survival.

I simply dont waht a scenrio where we have a last day survival, last season watching as a neutral was bad enough.

Saving grace I can see is Wigan's next 3 games are Arsenal and Chelsea away and Manure at home. So that's the leaders and two teams chasing top 4 away, I'm looking at far east betting syndicates if they get more than 3 points from those games.

QPR got Manure away next so short term I don't think the gap will get down to 3 points or anything.

last season watching as a neutral was bad enough.
Why? I thoroughly enjoyed last season's survival day, not least because we were already safe by then. Let's hope it's the same for this season.

Maybe I didnt explain myself right. I enjoyed it, infact it was the best last day in premiership history but it was so nerve wracking even though Villa were not in it. I imagined if it was Villa and I would just be too nervous.

I bet it's not hard to work out a scenario now where we go into the last day of the season with a mathematical chance of going down.

nor is it to work out a scenario where we go into may safe

Of course not. That's really not even close to being a positive though. And my point was that the side below don't have to gain on us that much more over the next 7 games to make it a very very tense and potentially disastrous last day of the season.

Saving grace I can see is Wigan's next 3 games are Arsenal and Chelsea away and Manure at home. So that's the leaders and two teams chasing top 4 away, I'm looking at far east betting syndicates if they get more than 3 points from those games.

QPR got Manure away next so short term I don't think the gap will get down to 3 points or anything.

Unpredictable results at this time of the season. QPR have proved that. Wigan are on form.

I know.....so why can't we get some then?

Man. United's next three games are Blackburn away and Wigan away and QPR at home. Are you telling me on the brink of winning the title they're just going to collapse and give out points just because Fergie wants his mates to avoid relegation????

This. The time to panic is after we've played Bolton if we haven't picked up 4 points, especially given the other teams fixtures. Before we go to the Hawthorns, Albion have got Blackburn and QPR at home and Man City and Liverpool away so they'll either have done us a favour by taking points off teams below us or they will be right in the shit if they continue their losing streak.

We could go into that fixture above Albion if we beat Bolton at home.

Im still depondant mate, although I feel some of my comments on here tonight have been taken WAY out of context. I just feel that the form we are in, and the way we set up and dont really attack teams could make for a real hard 7 games. With other actually seem to be right up for it.

It actually worrys me when I look at the table and the teams below us have either won more games, or are level with us on wins or within 1, we have just drawn a few more than them.